Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Blue Ridge Mountain 3-Gun 2013 -- October 17-19 at Rockcastle Shootin

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good approximation Bryan!! No buck shot allowed this year though.

The round count is posted on the BRM3G Home Page and the individual counts are also on the freshly updated Stage pages. As always, the stages are subject to change as are the round counts. Let's all hope for dry weather again this year! I saw the Pro-Am pics from after the rainstorm --- brought back bad memories!!

Andy

200 minimum for pistol? I guess I should be good bringing 300 then, after all it was 201 minimum last year and I only used 297 of the 300 I brought, so I'll have even more margin this year :D

Andy,

Have you waived the late registration fee? Work schedules have changed so there is a possibility I can make it. Should know by Friday.

Shot this a few years ago, but unfortunately that was the year it got rained out, big time.

I recognize the lay of the land at Rockcastle well enough to know where some of these stages are located, some still have me guessing. Is there a map or description of the stage locations available at this time? (Maybe someone here has already got them figured out)

Still spots available? I just recently found out about this a couple weeks ago and I am trying to see if my girlfriend will let me attend the match. I know the app says that T-shirts wouldn't be available after the first but would there be any chance of getting one? This would be my first big match, only shot club matches this year.

Still spots available? I just recently found out about this a couple weeks ago and I am trying to see if my girlfriend will let me attend the match. I know the app says that T-shirts wouldn't be available after the first but would there be any chance of getting one? This would be my first big match, only shot club matches this year.

If she doesn't let you attend get a new one!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Folks,

The Sponsor Page of the BRM3G website is finally updated for this year! More great companies will be posted later. Please check out our sponsors on the webpage where their websites are linked, and use products from those who support our sport.

D.P.M.S

Adams Arms

POF-USA

Remington Arms/Bushmaster

Swarovski Optik

Warne Manufacturing

Barnes Precision Machine

Brownells

Colt

Hornady MFg Co

Lancer Systems

Leupold & Stevens, Inc.

Oneida Molded Plastics, LLC

FNH USA

Babes with Bullets

Bullseye Camera Systems

Exos Defense

Falcon Industries/ERGO

Glockworx

Hear-Pro

Hiperfire

Hogue Grips

IOR/Valdada

JP Enterprises

Kestrel Weather Meters

MGM

Modular Driven Technologies

NightForce Optics

Nordic Components

Roth Concepts/Xrail

Rubber City Armory

Samson

Shooters Source

Sierra Bullets

SniperCo

Syrac Ordnance

US Optics

Beta Company

BirchwoodCasey

Black Hills Ammunition

First-Light USA, LLC

Geissele Automatics

Kel-Tec

Odin Works

Otis Technology, Inc.

RAT Grips

RiteintheRain

Schmidt & Bender

Shooter's Connection

Smith's

Stag Arms

Stark Equipment

Tactical Solutions

Thureon Defense

Truglo, Inc.

Squadding is done and will be posted at the match. Preparations for setup are beginning Monday, and I will be somewhat out of touch until the match. As usual, if you need to contact me use email; I do not check PMs here.

Take care, and I will see you in KY about 2.5 weeks from now,

Andy

Looking forward to another one of your matches. I have only shot a handful of major matches but I can attest that Task Force Dagger was by far the best!!! :) I am hoping this one will be similarly hardcore!

Edited by GM2B

OK, I have a couple questions, the answers to I have searched for, but cannot find.

When and where is sign in? We will be arriving about 5 PM on Wednesday night.

I see 18 squads 1-9 and 11-19. I assume that you start on the stage with your number and that 1-9 are first up, 11-19 are in the second rotation. What I can't find is the start time and the rotation. Is it 3 in three in the AM, then 3 in the PM like FNH, or is it 1 on, 1 off?

Jim,

Remember not putting your email address on your application? We'll file that right beside me not remembering to send the confirmation email to you after you contacted later!!!! Anyway, that email had the answers you are looking for. Registration is 1-6 at Park Mammoth Lodge on Wednesday the 16th. 3 stages a day. You will shoot all day, 1 on 1 off.

Andy

I have a question about slung long guns and the 180 rule which I can't find the answer to in the rules.

If I remember right, slung rifles are always empty and slung shotgun may either be empty of tube loaded with the bolt closed on an empty chamber.

Rule 2.4 states "A participant shall be disqualified for allowing the muzzle of his/her loaded firearm to break the safety plane (except while holstered, or reholstering.)"

At what point does the 180 rule apply to the slung long guns.? I have a sling method I like but the muzzle will momentarily point backwards as I swing the long gun to my front where I would load it. If that gun is the shotgun with the tube loaded, is it considered a loaded gun?

I'm pretty sure what the answer is, but I just want to an official answer. After all, safety is top priority along with not getting disqualified.

Thanks all.

I would like clarification on the amount of rounds I can have in the shotgun in TO. Is 8 in the tube and one in the chamber the max after the start signal? Or can I load more after the buzzer?

"6.3.2.6 No shotgun in Tactical class may be loaded with more than 9 rounds at any time, or hold over 8 rounds in the magazine tube."

The max your shotgun tube can be loaded at any time (including after the buzzer) is 8 rounds, 9 if you have one in the chamber.

Edited by -=VILLAMOR=-