Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

LMFAO. Ebay. You gotta love it.

Youngeyes

Not sure I'd give much for an "antique" Hollywood Gun Shop single stage, or the turret model either, for that matter.

The 550B didn't seem too much out of the ball park, but, the bidding has not ended yet ! :surprise:

" I require communication with the buyer prior to shipment, to protect both of us and to avoid fraud". Avoid fraud!!!? Too late. :goof:

Edited by Youngeyes

My gut says this is a wife of a person either divorced or deceased... He must have told her this is what the press cost and used the extra $3k on something else... LOL..

Had this situation happen...a fellow shooter passed away and a guy I used to work with who was close to the family asked me If I wanted to buy some of his guns.

I looked at them and made a fair offer on the ones I wanted.

The widow suddenly gets it in her head that I'm trying to cheat her because " a friend of mine told me that they're worth a lot more $ than that."

I explained to her that she was welcome to call some local gun shops and give them the weapon info and they'd give her an idea of what she could get for them selling through them but that she'd get "hosed" by going through a middle man.

I talked with my co worked buddy and he was apologetic. I mean 2 of the weapons I wasn't really in the market for but figured I'd buy them from her to give her some $ and maybe one day down the road I could use them if I ever got a grandchild.

I told her that I was willing to come up a little bit but her asking price was WAAAAY to high.

She declined and I wished her good luck.

I don't know what it is with some people that they suddenly get it in their mind that everyone's trying to cheat them.

I told other guys about the weapons and they would be interested until I mentioned the price then it was "no way buddy."