Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I'm a Cold-Blooded Killer

rhino

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Joe

I am wondering that since it was your first "kill" was there any celebrating? Any ceremonies performed? You know did you paint war stripes on your face with its blood? or did you just skin it and wear its ass for a hat?

As far as dispatching the rabid bastard on a range, well do you know what a crazed gopher like that could do to a range???

Just go back and watch Caddyshack :P

Ed & John ... You guys are so right!

If that thing really was (were?) a killer mutant zombie groundhog, I may have saved the entire human race and not just KimberKid and me! Come to think of it, he was kind of spikey-haired, which clearly indicates that he was some kind of MUTANT! It was just a matter of time before they poured over the ridge in massive waves of spikey-furred killer mutant zombie groundhog DEATH & DESTRUCTION! Whew!

Obviously I'm not just an ordinary fella who rose to the occasion under difficult circumstances. I saved us all from a fate worse than death! I am a hero.

patriot.gifA HERO! patriot.gif

Jakester ... since it may have been contaminated with any number of mutant zombification viruses or other contagions, I chose to avoid handling the remains any more than was necessary. When I was done bathing with it, I learned that my head was a little too big for the classic woodchuck asshat (like I said, he was only about a 20 pounder). And thanks for reminding me that I saved the shooting range as well as all of humanity! I forgot about that element of my heroics!

Don't believe any rumors you might hear about it looking a lot like my neighbor's house cat, either. :unsure:

<snip>

Obviously I'm not just an ordinary fella who rose to the occasion under difficult circumstances. I saved us all from a fate worse than death! I am a hero.

patriot.gifA HERO! patriot.gif

<snip>

You know Rhino... For such Heroics, perhaps a date with J-GO is the only acceptable reward.

Humanity owes you, my friend. ;)

BradC

Being as I am the only true eyewitness, I would like to hearby dispell any notion of Rhino acting in coldblooded rampage. Rhino only delivered the story in a half truth, which I am sure is due to the horrible shellshock. I should pray he doesnt suffer nightmares til the day he dies.

As the truth would have it, Rhino and myself were perched on the 50 yr line innocently trying to zero his trusty car rifle. (why does anyone have a dedicatied AR for the car??) In the midst of our careful sight in procedure, we were nearly attacked. This was no ordinary groundhog, it was Satan's own pet. He was snarling and hissing, and screaming profanities. I was in fear for my life. The yellow of his eyes was as terrifying as the way he pawed the ground, obviously stating his intent to charge. It was without a doubt that we had given every oppertunity to the hog to withdraw. It was only once all our peaceful measures failed that Rhino had to come down upon him with the Lords fury. In the form of 3 rounds of 55gr. .223 ammo. I could see the pain in Rhinos eyes as he fired. It was not a shot that killed, it was a shot that saved. I can now look forward to a long and happy life filled with IPSC shooting and cheap beer because Rhino, under extreme stress, and anxiety, stepped up like a champ and did what was nessecary to preserve life. We should all be so lucky to as have a friend that would sacrifice his own peaceful state of mind, and always be so prepared as to save of from tradgedies such as this.

Rhino, your are a true hero and my mom is sending you a plate of cookies and some Burger King coupons to show her gratitude.

I see no reason to investigate this matter any further, as we now have corroberating testimony detailing the events as they occurred. It is my opinion that there was no malice on the part of Mr. Rhinocerous in this case, and that the vermin in question provoked the response of deadly force due to his aggressive actions. Mr Rhinocerous is to be immediately released to his home club without an further delay and with all priviledges restored (along with a complimentary 12 pack of hopps and barley and two battlepacks of .223 lake city). Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, you are now dismissed, as your uptight opinions don't really matter anyway. :P

-Judge Sako

Now Rhino...about that book offer... :D

damn, is the trial over already....I really wanted to see Johnny Cochrane start screaming about a shooting glove that won't fit

Oh, well...I will have a beer in celebration...well done Rhino, Kkid, and your honor, Sako.... :P:lol:;)

Car or truck guns vary place to place...

Here in the Hill country of Central Texas, the old lever action is popular...personally, I carry a 742 Rem chambered in 35 Whelen, 10 round Eagle mag, and a mod 17 Glock, and a Beretta 21 in the console... :D

The TIGHTLOOP way.....

You know Rhino... For such Heroics, perhaps a date with J-GO is the only acceptable reward.

Humanity owes you, my friend. ;)

Clearly you are an erudite and perceptive individual, BradC. Your conclusion is obviously correct.

It was not a shot that killed, it was a shot that saved.

That, young sir, is an awesome turn of phrase. You easily trumped my hackneyed "I did it for the children!" I salute you!

I see no reason to investigate this matter any further, as we now have corroberating testimony detailing the events as they occurred. It is my opinion that there was no malice on the part of Mr. Rhinocerous in this case, and that the vermin in question provoked the response of deadly force due to his aggressive actions.

And There You Have It. Once Judge Sako rules, there is no higher appeal on this mortal coil!

TL & SL ... amen, my brother and sister! Amen!

There's always room for more blasters in the car. If there isn't tell someone to get the heck out and walk. :D

Truck guns often include shotguns, especially during certain parts of they year when pheasant, quail, duck, goose and other potentially rabid species must be dispatched before they cause significant harm to the populace.

Javalina (aka Collared Pecary, Tayassu tajacu) are indeed pigs/hogs.

Some locales classify them as "rodents" because rodents are not protected and the animal rights folks tend not to get as upset about people killing rodents (aka vermin). The people that make laws are not generally familiar with mammology.

To be a true rodent the critter must be from the family Rodentia.

Thus endeth the mammology lesson for the day. Please take out a clean sheet of paper and write your name in the upper right hand corner and prepare for the quiz. :P

I'm extremely glad to see that even in these days we live in, a person can stand up and save humanity by delivering a humane shot to the being that deserves less due to its aggressive behaviour. :rolleyes: Be it a quail, hog, rodent or insect.

We gather at the range, all members who stand for their rights, each year just after the rains from March to June, each armed with a .22 pistol/revolver and a rifle, a case of .22lr ammo and a cooler filled with soft drinks (the beer stays in the car until after the war for celebration purposes - yes, we can not loose against evil... :D ). This gathering of unsung heroes serves only the purpose of annihilating the forces of locusts that dare to wander where they should not!

Rhino, we salute your heroic deed!

I know what youv'e been through Rhino !

Once, in practice, my shooting buddies and I were severely attacked by a frog.

Yes , a FROG, talking about damn' scary animal jumping all around !

I had no other choice but to draw my .40sw and shot it twice .

I successfully defended me and my buddies, everybody witnessed that it was self defense and the case was cleared ;)

:lol:

We never know what we can encounter at the range !

On a serious side, a couple of times I found myself with somebody coming out of nowhere behind me.

Both times I was lucky to have my Glock 26 on me.

Sometimes, you're happy when your gun is not properly concealed and the grip is in plain view.

Question : "Hey man, is that a pistol ?"

Answer : "Yes, this is my duty gun"

End of discussion, He suddenly remembered he was waited somewhere else :D

Julien! We're luck to have you and your buddies still with us after such a harrowing experience. Apparently IPSC really can save your life! ;)

Re: open carry ... I've noticed that when I carry openly, the only people who get close to me are people who want to talk about guns!

Those things are rabid killers, never turn your back on one...

Marmots however are.. yes 'll say it... cute.

[Hazy fog starts... scratching my chin and looking up..]

It's like the day at Camp Bob (Paso Robles), when a ground squirrel ran staight across 40 yards out from 4 or 5 M113's doing 1,000M-1,500M .50 Cal practice.... I'm sure the fallen oak it chose to hide behind protected it.. but the whole company left that hill intact that day, nary a medivac needed.