rhino

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rhino

You got in 20 posts out of shooting a po ole little groundhog...  :D

Are you not ashamed?  :rolleyes:

Jump out of a tree and knife this thing to death and THAT will impress me....

What, no Kudos for the Cape Buff with a bow?

Cape Buff with a bow is awesome. They were probably wondering why you would shoot a black angus with a bow is all. They just did not know.... :D

I shot a match at Norco a few years back where a rabbit tried to run over the berms behind the target array I was shooting. Unfortunately the shot that hit it didn't kill it. I wasn't allowed to shoot it a second time. I had to stomp the poor thing to death.

It would've been more humane to have dispatched it with a seond shot.

Holy Crap!

I'd be afraid to go after something like that with a big, honkin' gun from a long distance!

You, sir, have cojones grande!

How did it taste? :P

Buffalo tastes Very good!!!!!

Holy Crap!

I'd be afraid to go after something like that with a big, honkin' gun from a long distance!

I particularly like their wings.

Holy Crap!

I particularly like their wings.

Yummy, wings ARE good!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Rhino,

Obviously you were in fear for your own life and that of your friends. Deadly force may only be used in defense of life. It can only be assumed that the furry assailant meant to kill you or cause severe bodily harm.

I once had to dispatch a marauding 20lb neutra rat at about 7 yards with a .45cal lead ball from a T/C Patriot pistol that was only loaded with 7 grains of 3F black powder (for inside practice, normal load is about 28grs). The neutra was 'neutralized' with the first shot.

Another time I was forced to stop a crazed hummingbird with a Remington 1100 slug gun. About a 40 yard shot, and there was only a .75" diameter hole in the tree trunk decorated with fluorescent feathers emanating 360° outward from the hole (that's when I could see really well).

Then the deadliest of all, (for real) a rabid skunk was posturing to attack the family dog on my buddy's farm, just as we returned from pheasant hunting. The skunk was on it's hind feet, hopping up an down, frothing and spitting, as Blue (their Great Dane) was ready to move on it. Course all I had was 2-3/4 #4 magnums in my Remington 870 and I think my friend was using #7.5 AA's in his Beretta over/under. Well, a dozen or so, rounds later, there was nothing left but little, tiny skunk jibs all over the yard. Animal control was really pissed because you are supposed to leave the brain intact for Rabies testing.... Next to bats, skunks and squirrels have the highest incidence of rabies.

There have been many other times when the use of deadly force was required, sometimes as little force as a .22 CB cap and sometimes as much force as a 50BMG…