Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I'm a Cold-Blooded Killer

rhino

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, KimberKid's Mama has spoken! You can't argue with a kid's mama!

re: prairie dogging ... the ranchers and farmers who encourage the activity make a pretty strong argument that it's an ecologically sound and necessary practice. I don't do it, but I have many friends who go to South Dakota and other parts west every year to engage in the activity. I do not judge them for their motives (which vary) related to this activity.

re: multiple shots on my groundhog ... after the first, I was obviously committed to following through. As the thing was still moving, the second shot was asbolutely necessary at that point. The third literally for assuring that it was deceased, and not gratuitous in any way.

As far leaving it where it was ... there are variety of other critters that were more than happy to have a ready-to-eat meal that come out after dark where that range is located. In my opinion, that is a far more logical way to recycle resources than to bury it and wait for it decay. It's not like it was a 1000 lb elk carcass rotting in someone's back yard.

And SiG Lady is right (as usual) about the intent of this topic. That's why it's in the Humor forum, where even "sick" humor is allowed.

And what about the Magpie ?

In some places they are considered as varmint :D

I started with a BB guns to take them away from the kitties.

They didn't understood, so I went to an electric airsoft, still no comprehension :angry:

So i switched to a .22 LR silenced bolt rifle with a scope.

They got it now, and the shots are getting harder after 31 confirmed hits :D

BTW, the mildot reticle is a good invention ;)

Thanks, Joey. Now I don't feel so bad about my "kill" on stage 9 of the Area 6 match this year. The blood-thirsty beast was after Mad Scientist's son, after all.

And that's why I now refer to Johnnie's beautiful, Open-division Glocks as "Snake Charmers"!

Want to control rodents? Want to restore our nations wetlands? Want to get paid for it?

Have I got a deal for you and only you in this limited time offer. Come on down to South Louisiana and participate in the nutria bounty. After filling out a few simple forms and obtaining the permits, you too can help our environment and your pocketbook. You don't even have to bring in the whole rodent, just the tail. When was the last time you got paid $4 for tail. Hurry, offer ends after the first 400,000 nutria have been bagged for the year.

nutria.com site

Nutria control program.

"In his book, [John Michael] Snyder recounts the story of Gabriel Possenti, a young Italian seminarian, who came to the rescue of a woman who was about to be raped by two men belonging to a band of terrorists. It was 1860 in Italy and the country was faced with strife resulting from fighting over the Papal States.

Possenti, a known outdoorsman, approached the troopers pillaging his village and seized their guns, Snyder said. Possenti fired a shot from the .36 caliber cap-and-ball revolver that hit a lizard crossing the street, scaring away the renegades, Snyder added.

At the time, Possenti was studying to become a Roman Catholic priest. The church later recognized him as a saint. But since Snyder took up the cause to make Possenti the patron saint of handgunners, there has been stiff resistance."

See www.possentisociety.com for the story about this monk who shot the lizard. I even recall some portion of a TV documentary that featured a quick bit about this guy.

How about Crows? The reactive clay pigons! They do have seasons but on private property they can be considered in the nusance class and taken at will with any type weapon(shotgun is most common but a .22 is tough) plus unless your from Kentucky they are not edible per se' and left for the possums.

My Dear Mr. Tnek,

Having been blessed by the Creator to be among the chosen few I am always bemused by the inept attempts of some folk to belittle others. I am a Kentuckian. I do not eat crow. Perhaps you would so choose however should you peruse your posting here quoted wherein the adjective 'your', the possessive of 'you,' should properly be the contraction "you're." I would not be so bold as to suggest one look to one's own failings before criticizing the culinary eccentricities of another. Some may find the fowl a delicacy. Others may seek sustenance where they may from an impecunious necessity. As brother Josey observed, "Birds got to eat, same as the worms." And they, in turn, must be eaten.

"Would you like fries with that?"

:P:lol::D

Rhino PM me your email address and I will send you some photo's of lots of suppressed guns, that we can own here.

Start at 22lr and go up to .458.

Julien,

Aren't Magpies the funnest thing to shoot. I have a 17Rem for vapourizing them at long range. Damned winged rats.

• 3 months later...
We gather at the range, all members who stand for their rights, each year just after the rains from March to June, each armed with a .22 pistol/revolver and a rifle, a case of .22lr ammo and a cooler filled with soft drinks (the beer stays in the car until after the war for celebration purposes - yes, we can not loose against evil... :D ). This gathering of unsung heroes serves only the purpose of annihilating the forces of locusts that dare to wander where they should not!

Rhino, we salute your heroic deed!

I had to revive this thread....

The time has come again...very soon...

Here are our targets

Koringkriek.jpg

enb02311.jpg

:blink::ph34r::P