Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I'm a Cold-Blooded Killer

rhino

Yes , a FROG, talking about damn' scary animal jumping all around !

I had no other choice but to draw my .40sw and shot it twice .

A frog with enough mass to take two .40s was obviously a threat. Here in the bluegrass, I have not encountered one so large, but have been attacked at the range by many smaller ones.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well you guyz would LOVE Eugene, Oregon... the squirrel capital of the Universe. You could haul yer weapons around in an open jeep, chew that leafy crap they chew in Afrika and do drive-by shootings of the squirrels! They're EVERYWHERE! (including road-kill). You'd be busy all day, every day. In fact, you'd scarcely have to even AIM at 'em... just sweep the roadway now and then and you'd get a couple each time. :lol::lol:

Do they have to be in season, or or they considered a nuisance species that you can whack with reckless abandon at any opportunity?

Unfortunately the tree rats in Indiana are a "game" animal and you may only shoot them during the proper season, within the daily limits. On the bright side, there are no restrictions on the firearms you may choose to dispatch the li'l bastiches.

Hmmm... now that I am a bona fide killer, I seem to be somewhat more bloodthirsty!

Marmots however are.. yes 'll say it... cute.

I seem to remember that they mean a different thing from the rodent mammal there in the USA... :rolleyes:

Perhaps the same thing John Irving was referring to in his "setting free the bears" novel? :D

R-E-D-M-I-S-T!

Get a head shot next time and hold steady - you might see it. "It" can usually be seen better with the sun behind the target. Happiness is a fine red spray, IMHO :wub: .

Woodchucks are evil and you did the right thing. If you need a witness I will attest that "he" was provoking you. It was clearly a justified shoot. Stupidity by vermin should be rewarded with lead medicine.

Always pay your insurance (second shot - per Capstick, Rourk, Selous, etc.. If you don't know who these men are then you need to get your library card renewed and get on the stick.)

A rifle that has not been bloodied is a stick that goes bang. NOW it is a rifle. Congrats on your first "kill."

This is the creepiest post I have ever read on be.com.

I have a shooting buddy who loves shooting at maya birds, this birds are small about 3 inches to 4 inches long and about as fat as one;s toung.

anyway, i really cant comprehend that his car usually has bird crap. Its karma i tell you. He says he has to clean bird crap on his car almost on a daily basis. He also is confused why his car has bird crap and the other cars parked beside him are in pristene condition.

ditto to the above post :mellow:

rhino--

It's khat (or some such spelling variant) and it is a vegetable stimulant that workers chew to keep their productivity at peak. It also, as you might guess, makes 'em aggressive and loose with their guns and attitudes. There was much ado about this when Somalia was in the news and the "technicals" were roaming the streets freely and shooting anyone they wished. :ph34r:

And the "little bastiches" (Eugene Squirrels) seem to be a year-round menace... just more menacing in the fall when they're gathering food and burying it in your yard, digging up plants and leaving annoying holes everywhere. They spend a lot of time running back 'n forth across roadways here during this time and the road-kill incidents are countless. :rolleyes:

rhino--

It's khat (or some such spelling variant) and it is a vegetable stimulant that workers chew to keep their productivity at peak. It also, as you might guess, makes 'em aggressive and loose with their guns and attitudes. There was much ado about this when Somalia was in the news and the "technicals" were roaming the streets freely and shooting anyone they wished. :ph34r:

Okay, I've heard of that!

And the "little bastiches" (Eugene Squirrels) seem to be a year-round menace... just more menacing in the fall when they're gathering food and burying it in your yard, digging up plants and leaving annoying holes everywhere.  They spend a lot of time running back 'n forth across roadways here during this time and the road-kill incidents are countless. :rolleyes:

Methinks that is yet another reason why God gave us the means to created suppressed .22LR pistols. ;)

I think much of this was originally meant to be just silly/funny/preposterous. I don't think ANY of us enjoy 'killing' things as such, except when we're threatened (rapidly advancing large predator) or extinguishing known pests (visualize hundreds of rabbits descending upon your truck garden).

Regarding posts on a public forum.

"There's an awfully fine line to be drawn between the entertainment we create here for ourselves and the issue of possible bad taste that may influence newcomers or visitors."

A quote from a conversation between myself and a friend.

I am probably a piss poor choice of one to moralize....

Dear Mr Rhino,

I fell compelled to publically thank you for your valiant act of bravery in protecting my dear son from what most certainly would have been a most grizzly and embarassing death. We are forever in your debt. These postings enforce my initial impression that you are a most humble man, and have minimized the true level of danger that was present. My own KimberKid has shared with me the gruesome details of the rabid beast attack and the manical expression the wild animal possessed. I have no doubt that you acted in self defense, risking your own mental and emotional wellbeing, to secure the life of my son.

Thank God there are still couragous men like you!

With deepest respect,

KimberKid's Mama

Rhino :

I have no licence to carry, but as I was at the range and as I'm certified instructor, that's Ok.

Only very few licences to carry are given to individuals, mostly people who have a risky job (jeweler, judges ....) can obtain one, but that's not easy.

We just have the right to "pillow fight" to defend ourselves ;)

How about Crows? The reactive clay pigons! They do have seasons but on private property they can be considered in the nusance class and taken at will with any type weapon(shotgun is most common but a .22 is tough) plus unless your from Kentucky they are not edible per se' and left for the possums.