Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Production optics

Wilkenstein

Using a magazine restriction instead brings it inline with the other divisions and should make it easier to check at a match (I presume there will be a gauge for this at some point).

Why would mag length even be a factor, if the capacity limit is 10 rounds? Do we really care if someone wants to use a 33 round mag with ten cartridges loaded in it? Just one more dopey and redundant thing to check......

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Using a magazine restriction instead brings it inline with the other divisions and should make it easier to check at a match (I presume there will be a gauge for this at some point).

Why would mag length even be a factor, if the capacity limit is 10 rounds? Do we really care if someone wants to use a 33 round mag with ten cartridges loaded in it? Just one more dopey and redundant thing to check......

Loading only 10 hasn't been an issue for the current Production rules. I don't see how only loading 15 would be any different.

Sarge, what kind of production optics gun are you getting?

lol probably stay right here in open with my ultra expensive Cheely's.

I saw on Facebook somebody dubbed the new division "welfare optics"! That's friggin funny.

If I can afford an open gun as a school bus driver on a military pension then trust me, damn near anybody else can as well.

I saw on Facebook somebody dubbed the new division "welfare optics"! That's friggin funny.

If I can afford an open gun as a school bus driver on a military pension then trust me, damn near anybody else can as well.

It probably has more to do with justifying the expense to yourself and "others". It might also have to do with restrictive states where you can't get double stack guns.

It probably has more to do with justifying the expense to yourself and "others". It might also have to do with restrictive states where you can't get double stack guns.
cant buy double stacks? Really? I never knew that. Then what gun will they use for WO?

cant buy double stacks? Really? I never knew that. Then what gun will they use for WO?

Well, we can get some double stacks, but are limited to 10 rounds. An open gun with 10 rounds isn't very competitive.

+1 on that. Water it down some more.

For the record, I'm pretty neutral on the new provisional division. I've got an XDm sitting around that maybe I would throw an optic on and shoot indoor matches with now that it's actually happening.

I've heard this argument multiple times. What's the big deal if it does dilute the sport? Is it a big deal if people jump ship from Production over to Carry Optics? As long as they're still shooting USPSA, what's the big deal?

I'm genuinely asking as maybe I'm not seeing something here.

I'd be happier if I thought that the rules would allow my carry gun to be legal (G22 with RMR and CTC Railmaster) or its AIWB holster location. it seams kind of funny to me that they changed the name away from Production then go and make the rules like production.

So full metal framed guns are bad? We should make the plastic guns the only ones you can use because people are made about not being able to find a stock II?

Maybe we should have manufacturer divisions. That way if you shoot a Glock you only compete against Glock, S&W against S&W, CZ vs. CZ, and so on and so forth.

I feel like this is youth soccer where everyone gets participation awards. If we need so many rules so someone gets their award how about an option when you sign up you pay an extra $5 and get your participation award.

This made me laugh Thanks

I really don't understand the logic behind limiting the guns, seems like if it is to be Production Optics, all legal production guns should be eligible???

I'll bet there are a lot of people scratching their heads :goof:

I really don't understand the logic behind limiting the guns, seems like if it is to be Production Optics, all legal production guns should be eligible???

I'll bet there are a lot of people scratching their heads :goof:

Maybe that's why it was changed to Carry Optics?? I don't plan to participate in this division, but I do think it should be given a chance. Look at this thread, over 1600 posts, most of which are mocking PO (or CO, whatever) before the first match is even shot or the proposed rules are published. Doesn't bother me either way. (and I've go a Core with a DP sitting in the safe, it will probably stay there).

Another division nobody cares about, great.

With the time frame given, it kind of feels like they are just doing this to say "we gave it a go, now go away." By the time it's live, and the few people that may actually want to shoot it get guns modded up, there's not going to be a lot of season left.

Hoping that's the case.

you mean, 'another division you don't care about' .....

Glock, S&W and Springfield don't want their polymer guns going against CZs and Stock 2s in EVERY division, do they? Methinks there may have been some rules lobbying from some sponsors.

Edited by PKT1106

if this new division is really meant strickly to support the personal protection concealed carry market type firearm then they should be making up a new rule set & not just simply say 'all production guns that meet their arbirtary weight limit" .... carry guns and production guns are not necessarily the same thing ...

Glock, S&W and Springfield don't want their polymer guns going against CZs and Stock 2s in EVERY division, do they? Methinks there may have been some rules lobbying from some sponsors.

Phil made a statement to that effect!

OMG, combat pay every day. You are a brave man my friend.

if this new division is really meant strickly to support the personal protection concealed carry market type firearm then they should be making up a new rule set...

I'm sorry, I know you are a fan of WO But it sounds like IDPA is the place for this division based off of your own description.

How long before they have to be concealed? How long before you can't drop a mag with rounds in it? How long before we are forced to include a bunch of ten round stages in our matches to accommodate the "carry" crowd? I.e one guy.

Assuming it stays 10 rounds minor, they should let them shoot in L10. It would increase the L10 numbers and the dot could make up for not being able to shoot minor. What do yall think

Assuming it stays 10 rounds minor, they should let them shoot in L10. It would increase the L10 numbers and the dot could make up for not being able to shoot minor. What do yall think

That's been discussed in some of the previous 65 pages, besides, the BOD already decided to create a new provisional division.