Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Superstition Mountain Mystery 3-Gun 2013

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mesa? or NE AZ?...

Mesa - cool in the morning, warm to hot as the day progresses .

NE AZ - we have our 4th season, called 'Wind'... :goof: (We have 4 seasons here, 'Summer', 'Fall', '2nd Fall', and 'Wind'...)

PS- See ya'll at the match.

Edited by GuildSF4

I think it was 2005 or 2006...it SNOWED!!!!

Those crazies in Arizona were shovelling snow into their SUV's and making perverted snowmen on the way out of town!

None of us were prepared! Rain gear just doesn't cut it when it snows on you in Mesa!!! It was the first time in 50 years or something!

So, be prepared! :)

Just sayin'!

Those crazies in Arizona were shovelling snow into their SUV's and making perverted snowmen on the way out of town!

None of us were prepared! Rain gear just doesn't cut it when it snows on you in Mesa!!! It was the first time in 50 years or something!

So, be prepared! :)

Just sayin'!

Mar 12 2006 (IIRC) as the same day I got 4' at my brand new house in NE AZ.

That's the one I was thinking about.. I was thinking it snowed or maybe hailed - just too old.. I do remember everyone scrambling to Big-5, etc for rain gear.. and watching the wind take full targets up into the air in whirlwinds

SInce that match when it snowed I've been bringing clothes for both extremes. It hasn't rained since but you never know. I figure, if I bring it I won't need it, and I'm ok with that.

AMMUNITION AVAILABILITY UPDATE

The SMM3G match committee has been keeping a close eye on local ammunition vendors' inventory levels. As of today, commercial ammunition for pistol, rifle and even shotgun remains almost totally unavailable. We strongly advise competitors to make arrangements to bring all their match ammunition with them (being mindful of airline ammo allowances), or to have it shipped to their hotel. Competitors should not rely on finding the ammunition they need locally.

Edited by StealthyBlagga

I know its asking a lot of a sponsor but these are unusual times. Is there any chance that one or more of the ammo sponsors could help out similar to the Noveske Area 2 match? Just curious.

I know its asking a lot of a sponsor but these are unusual times. Is there any chance that one or more of the ammo sponsors could help out similar to the Noveske Area 2 match? Just curious.

What did the sponsors do at that match - free ammo for everyone ? :surprise:

Not free ammo but decent price rifle and pistol ammo delivered at the match. There is a similar offer for the TXMG.

Not free ammo but decent price rifle and pistol ammo delivered at the match. There is a similar offer for the TXMG.

StealthBlogga, I like the way you think :)

Maybe Remington could help out and have shotgun ammo for sale at the match? I’m sure there many of us who would appreciate that.

If anyone local would be willing to pick up shotgun ammo for me so I don't have to ship it, PM me please.

That’s even been spotty,.. at best. Although yesterday at Cabelas, they had about 10 flats of various target loads.

pm sent

Edited by kampr

"You should edit your post and remove the links. You are making a lot of extra work for Freedom. Not cool!"

Mark, I deleted the links. However Freedom openly posted on their facebook page that any MD's wanting to get in on the deal should contact them. So it would seem that the extra work is something that they are encouraging.

Edited by caz41

Well if people are in need AND FreedomMuntions is a match sponsor AND they are offering to help.......

Our Sponsor Coordinator will try reaching out to Freedom to see if anything can be done. Obviously time is short and so the logistic challenges may prove insurmountable. If we can get anything going I will post it here, but competitors would be wise to tee up alternative arrangements..

As currently envisioned, the match will comprise 11 stages requiring a minimum of 158 rounds of rifle ammunition, 126 rounds of pistol ammunition, and 101 rounds of shotgun ammunition (87 birdshot, 14 buckshot). This is always subject to change, but probably not much at this stage. Buckshot means 00-buck only for 12ga only, or #3-buck only for 20ga only. No slugs this year.

Is that still the round count? Are the buck just going on paper or ? All I have is Winchester Reduced Recoil. I'm just hoping that will work and I won't have to try to find something else last minute.

Is that still the round count? Are the buck just going on paper or ? All I have is Winchester Reduced Recoil. I'm just hoping that will work and I won't have to try to find something else last minute.

Yup - the round count is still good. The buckshot will be a mixture of falling steel (out to maybe 15 yards) and paper. I will be running Remington 8-pellet Managed Recoil 12ga 00-buckshot loads myself.

Edited by StealthyBlagga