Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Superstition Mountain Mystery 3-Gun 2013

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UPDATE: Due to circumstances beyond our control and the timing so close to SMM3G, Freedom Munitions will no longer be able to bring any extra ammunition with them. With apologies to those that were expecting some ammunition, you will need to make alternative arrangements. I wish I had better news :-(

Edited by MickB

For the guys that haven't found any ammo I can drive some from Califonia with me but at "market" prices.

I'm going to drive this ammo 400+ mi and as you know they can be hard to get:

Box of 25 shells (Win Universal or Rem Gun Club) - $11 a box (30 boxes

available)

Box of 20 rounds XM193 - $20 a box (about $29+s/h from Cheaper

than Dirt) - 25 boxes available

Box of 20 rounds PMC55 - $20 a box (about

$21+s/h from CTD) - 10 boxes available

PM me by Monday night if you want

any of the above. I'll be around the registration shack at 4

PM. We can do the exchange then. Cash only.

Edited by Religious Shooter

Good luck on rental cars, it is prime season in town with snow birds, spring training, great weather and such. If you can get out to a hotel, you stand a better chance of renting a car from a local edition instead of the airport.

Thursday 10:00-18:00 MST. Half day on, half day off, alternating (i.e Friday PM, Saturday AM or Friday AM, Saturday PM. Early AM or later AM for Sunday.) I had confused with the schedule used for the November USPSA A2 match.

Edited by NMBOpen

We probably won't know which rotation til we get there will we? I ask because I'm going to have to put my truck in the shop tomorrow and I'm trying to figure out an alternative if it's not out quick.

Thursday 10:00-18:00 MST. Half day on, half day off, alternating (i.e Friday PM, Saturday AM or Friday AM, Saturday PM. Early AM or later AM for Sunday.)

You have bad information regarding the match schedule. Shooters will be on the range the entire day. There is effectively an A & B rotation with squad group A (squads 1 - 11) shooting in the first time slot and Squad group B following in the 2nd time slot. It is the same as last year, and if you have a copy of last year's match book, you can expect to see a nearly identical schedule for 2013.

...Shooters will be on the range the entire day. There is effectively an A & B rotation with squad group A (squads 1 - 11) shooting in the first time slot and Squad group B following in the 2nd time slot. It is the same as last year...

Correct answer. The downside is that competitors will not really have time to leave the range during the match, but the upside is that they will be able to watch the previous squads running the stages, and can get themselves ready to shoot at a relaxed pace. Plenty of time to walk the exhibitor tent and buy stuff from the match sponsors too :devil:

Do we need a flashlight this year?

You should not need a flashlight this year. All targets on all stages are suitably illuminated by the sun. While we are on the topic of "attachments" I can also confirm that there is no requirement for a sling!

Is it possible to have a friend check us in on Thursday or do we have to do it personally.

During check-in, competitors will be confirming their details (name, equipment division etc.), so it is better for competitors to do this themselves to avoid confusion later. Check-in will also be the ONE AND ONLY opportunity to check your ammo with a magnet and withdraw any steel-containing projectiles - anyone caught on the range with prohibited ammo after registration will be subject to DQ, whether they use that ammo or not. However, nobody is checking IDs, so in principle anyone could check-in on your behalf .

Do we need a flashlight this year?

You should not need a flashlight this year. All targets on all stages are suitably illuminated by the sun. While we are on the topic of "attachments" I can also confirm that there is no requirement for a sling!

This is correct. No flashlights needed, no slings needed.