Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Superstition Mountain Mystery 3-Gun 2013

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

May I suggest that be added in the future(or now)?

5.6.2.3 Magazines may be loaded with not more than ten (10) rounds after the beep.

In general we try to keep the IMA rules streamlined by leaning heavily on established USPSA precedents and practices. In this particular example, if you were shooting Heavy Metal, I doubt any of our ROs would ding you for having 11 rounds in your Barney Mag, provided each mag only contained 10 rounds at the start signal. If by some fluke you encountered an RO that wanted to make a big deal about it, I am quite sure the CRO, RM and MD would lend you an extremely sympathetic ear.

Edited by StealthyBlagga

Without the additional wording, USPSA precedent has been to bump a Production shooter into Open. I believe it was J Go who got bumped into Open for starting and charging with 11 rounds in mag while shooting in Production. This was before the change.

Fair enough - I will flag this HM pistol mag rule (and the corresponding HM rifle mag rule) for discussion next time we review the rules. In the meantime, rest assured that the interpretation of this rule at Rio Salado 3-Gun matches will be "max 10 rounds in pistol mags at start" (or max 20 for rifle).

Please, please, please, leave the green Saab targets in the woodshed this year.

UNFORTUNATELY the Army needs them all for a major exercise they are running the same weekend. Don't worry though - I am combing the known universe for other ways to make you hate me. :roflol:

I am looking forward to this match...

On a side note, what is the deal with the "Firearms Declaration"?? What do you want for "Make / Model" on my rifle that I built from parts? Sights = Yes??

Edited by BigLucky

On a side note, what is the deal with the "Firearms Declaration"?? What do you want for "Make / Model" on my rifle that I built from parts? Sights = Yes??

Basic details are enough - the intent is to document the shooter's equipment and discourage folks from making unauthorized equipment changes during the match (against the rules). Just use the info stamped on the serialized part (the receiver). This declaration is not irreversible... you can change it when you arrive for signup. Here is an example of what you might declare on the application:

RIFLE:

Make: Bushmaster

Model: AR15

Caliber: .223

Sights: Meopta 1-4x

Barrel Length: 20"

PISTOL:

Make: STI

Model: 2011

Caliber: .40

Sights: Iron

Barrel Length: 5"

SHOTGUN:

Make: Remington

Model: 1100

Caliber: 12ga

Barrel Length: 26"

Basic details are enough - the intent is to document the shooter's equipment and discourage folks from making unauthorized equipment changes during the match (against the rules). Just use the info stamped on the serialized part (the receiver). This declaration is not irreversible... you can change it when you arrive for signup. Here is an example of what you might declare on the application:

RIFLE:

Make: Bushmaster

Model: AR15

Caliber: .223

Sights: Meopta 1-4x

Barrel Length: 20"

PISTOL:

Make: STI

Model: 2011

Caliber: .40

Barrel Length: 5"

SHOTGUN:

Make: Remington

Model: 1100

Caliber: 12ga

Barrel Length: 26"

Roger that. Thanks. Just wanted to make sure, never been there before. Only time I have ever seen a declaration like this was to bring my guns on a military base for a match. They are a bit more stringent on exact information.

I think I've decided on my 2013 "Out West" match. I've shot TX Multigun, FNH, BRM3G, CMMG, Pro-Am, all the Benning matches... what (if anything) should expect to do differently at this match?

DanO

Expect the most spectacular 3-Gun experience of your life, delivered by the most professional RO crew in the World. :devil:

FAIR WARNING FOR FIRST TIMERS: This match fills up fast. The 2012 match filled up in 2 days. If you don't get your application in the mail on the 19th, your chances of getting into the match will decline exponentially.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally, the 19th is here! I've been sitting on the app for two weeks. Now I'm just watching my mailbox, making sure my carrier picks it up. :ph34r:

DanO

You are on step behind! I carried mine directly to the post office and made them stamp it before I left!