Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Interested in aftermarket XD/XDM Slides?

Liebetrau88

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Would by a 22 inch conversion and/or a 6 inch slide. You would need to look into getting them fully equiped though as most buyers are not willing to switch all of the parts on their own.

Edited by Bunsen

• 3 weeks later...

Heck I would just love a slide for my 5.25 Limited gun that has some different cuts than the standard ones. Never been a fan of the big oval out of the top, too Glockish for me.

Although I will admit that I am biding my time until I can switch to an STI, but at this rate its going to be awhile since I am trying to make the move to multigun as well

Edited by Iggy42

• 2 weeks later...

I'd be down for one of the xdm 5.25 in 9mm so I can convert my 40, possibly from production to open. Also, would buy a 5" one for my xd service since the tactical models are very hard to find now

I would also love to be able to buy a complete 5.25" upper, or at least the 5.25" slide, so I can convert my XDm9 5.25" to .40s&w.

Or, I'm sure many people would like to convert their 4.5" XDm to a 5.25" XDm just by swapping out the uppers.

• 3 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'd like an aftermarket for my 4" XD something with windows and a little bit of milling. sort of like an agency or salient slide.

Or where would you guys recommend sending the stock slide as all most of the companies that offer that stuff is glock only.

Do I just need to bite the bullet and buy a g34??

I have contacted 2 different well known companies. Both said that due to Springfield's design for it's safeties and such, that they could not mill the slide for an optic.

But....starting over "from scratch", per se, would allow this aftermarket manufacturer to start with a slide that didn't have existing sight cuts that'd need to be milled out. A "flat top" XD slide could just be drilled-and-tapped for the slide-mounted optic, leaving plenty of material inside for the Firing Pin Safety.

I'd be interested in 5.25 inchers with Bo-Mar sight cuts. I don't mind the big cut-out on the front of the slide as that gets rid of weight.