Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Interested in aftermarket XD/XDM Slides?

Liebetrau88

Put pretty simply, I'm doing some info gathering on manufacturing aftermarket slides for the XD/XDM lines. My questions for you guys are:

Would you buy one?

If so, what options would you be looking for?

How much would you pay for one?(slide only)

These would be available in stainless steel at first.

These wouldn't be cheap factory replacements per se, they would be simliar to a ZevTech slide for a glock. Higher end, better tolerances. Maybe in the future we would be looking at less expensive factory replacements. Also potentially looking into making a 6" model if we can get cooperation from a barrel manufacturer.

Give me any input you can.

I would be interested. It would be nice if 5.25 and 4.5 models were introduced. Pre-done slide lightening would be cool too. Tighter slide to frame tolerances would definitely be a plus ( mine would be going on a 4.5 xdm open gun so the lighter the better). I have no idea what pricing would be for something like this I guess it would really depend on fit, finish, and overall quality.

The biggest problem I see is the lack of other parts needed I.E. extractor, striker, etc. Springfield doesnt seem to be willing to sell these parts in any great quantity and no one else makes them as far as I know...

Another reason for doing this. The current way to switch back and forth isn't the safest or most reliable as the rounds are completely different sizes. Also toying with the idea of a 10mm conversion.

Now the 10mm part has my complete attention. Would love to see someone bring something out like that. Def interested in an aftermarket slide

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Watching this thread with great interest myself.

The only concern I have is the fact my striker would have to be installed in the other slide. This according to the firm that did my trigger job. And, of course as already mentioned, there will have to be an aftermarket extractor available.

• 3 months later...

I like the idea of a 6in slide!!! I would buy a 5.25 slide for sure if I had other options for the slide cuts. I hate the huge hole in the top of the slide!!! What kind of time frame are you looking at???