gmg

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Here's a new pic of my TS checkmate look alike. I really like the look of the pistol now. All I have left to do is get the slide lightened,and shoot it a lot this summer.

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x11/Sibob78/IMG_20130127_121402_zps5da3ac06.jpg

I really like the idea of choosing a dust cover length somewhere in between the CTS and stock. Reminds me of my Butler cut SVI. How do you like the weight/balance?

• 2 weeks later...

Any of you guys know where I can get a replacement .40 TS Slide?

Mine had an "accident" to say the least on the machinist mill, we are trying to salvage it but, it doesn't look good. Ive only had the thing for 2 months and it has less than 500 rounds through it.

I figured I would send it off for lightening and now its ruined.

So, if I cant find another slide, it looks like I will have a ton of TS parts to sell off.

Let me know if any of you guys have one to sell.

Any of you guys know where I can get a replacement .40 TS Slide?

Mine had an "accident" to say the least on the machinist mill, we are trying to salvage it but, it doesn't look good. Ive only had the thing for 2 months and it has less than 500 rounds through it.

I figured I would send it off for lightening and now its ruined.

So, if I cant find another slide, it looks like I will have a ton of TS parts to sell off.

Let me know if any of you guys have one to sell.

Not mine but this might be what your looking for:

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=181090

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey IronicTwitch, that is the exact look I am going for on my TS. I don't think I've ever seen the original two tone gun with the black grips until yours. I have always loved the two tone look and hate it how so many people go to black on black after they start customizing... How did the thin grips effect the grip feel without removing the checkering or modifying the grip? Those are the thin ones right, or are they the thick thin ones?

Yes, they are the thin full length from czcustom. Not near as comfortable as my 75b with factory rubber grips, but a big improvement for my small hands and trigger placement. I was looking for the medium size aluminum grips on czcustom which would allow me to keep the magwell, but they only had silver as an option in the medium length. Since I'm not hardcore competitive yet I thought I'd go for the look I wanted and could upgrade to the aluminum magwell later if I find black medium or potentially grind the full length to make room. Sacrilege on $85 grips...

Edited by IronicTwitch

Yes, they are the thin full length from czcustom. Not near as comfortable as my 75b with factory rubber grips, but a big improvement for my small hands and trigger placement. I was looking for the medium size aluminum grips on czcustom which would allow me to keep the magwell, but they only had silver as an option in the medium length. Since I'm not hardcore competitive yet I thought I'd go for the look I wanted and could upgrade to the aluminum magwell later if I find black medium or potentially grind the full length to make room. Sacrilege on $85 grips...

Thanks for the info. Let me know if you end up getting the med length grips to accommodate the magwell. Ill take the Long black grips off your hands! I actually have an email in to CZC right now asking if it is possible to get the black grips in the med length from them, or if our only option is to buy the long ones and modify them ourselves. Thanks for posting, Eli

Thanks for the info. Let me know if you end up getting the med length grips to accommodate the magwell. Ill take the Long black grips off your hands! I actually have an email in to CZC right now asking if it is possible to get the black grips in the med length from them, or if our only option is to buy the long ones and modify them ourselves. Thanks for posting, Eli

I don't know if my configuration would be too bulky for your liking, but I'm now using the factory rubber grips on my TS (modified for the magwell) and I really like it.