Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Whose Barrel Are You Using

TCKev

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a 3gunner yet, but I went with recommendations and have my latest build using a Nordic 18" rifle gas w/ .223 wylde chambering. I also picked up a used JP barrel that might get used for another build.

JP for 16"/18" and White Oak for 20".

I've come to realize that I really prefer 20" barrels, so my next barrel is going to be another 20" SDM WOA one. It weighs the same as the JP 18" but I like the balance of it better.

ETA: Just ordered another one.. 8-12w wait.

Edited by gose

White Oak Armament. Bought it based on internet reccomendations. Only other experiance is with a Krieger 20" heavy DCM which came with the gun when I bought it used. 1.5" avg with both barrels.

JP is always a safe bet for outstanding performance. Thier barrel kits come already set up with the gas block of your choice and a head spaced bolt. On my previous barrel I had a Nordic 16" (probably made by Wilson), which also shot very well.

I've got a 20" Walther that came on the gun. I fluted under the hand guard. Maybe it is just me but I didn't really notice the weight or balance change. 1-8 twist. Shoots 3/4" groups with SMK 69's and 77's. Shoots 3-4" groups with cheap Remington 55's. But it likes XM193s and prints those at 1-1/4" groups which is good for me since they are cheap. I don't think that I will replace it with another Walther. It is too sensitive to different loads - not that all Walters are but this is my experience.

Edited by Ten-X