Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I got caught up on a bunch of admin stuff this morning for the match.

We have the stages finalized and have figured what stage is going where, zones, schedule, and timeline. We will post that information to the website next week once I get it all formatted correctly. Except for the stages, I'll probably keep those under wraps for another couple weeks.

There is a little more room in the match than MatchSignUp says as I have 55 or so reserved for the Super Squads. As I move people on to the SS it will free up those spots on other stages. Plus there are 80 international slots that have not been paid for. Next Tuesday is the deadline for that, so that will free up some spots as well.

That said however, if you're interested in shooting I would get signed up soon. We may not fill but it will be close. We are at 439 now pending the International unpaid slots.

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After reading the IPSC Rules I am still wanting to get confirmation regarding open division. Does the grip safety have to be in working condition for IPSC. Second question, just want to confirm that my USPSA membership qualifies for IPSC. :surprise:

U can pin the safeties in standard and open. The mags in open are shorter than our 170mm big sticks and Shannon told me that my USPSA # was fine. :cheers:

Thank you so very much! Locally that was our understanding but for all of us going it will be our first IPSC Nationals! Thank you again, and see you at the range!! :cheers:

U can pin the safeties in standard and open. The mags in open are shorter than our 170mm big sticks and Shannon told me that my USPSA # was fine. :cheers:

Thank you so very much! Locally that was our understanding but for all of us going it will be our first IPSC Nationals! Thank you again, and see you at the range!! :cheers:

I've shot 3 World Shoots & a number of regional championships with pinned grip safeties on my Open & Modified guns with zero issues. The only issues for Open are mag length and power factor (PF is lower, but your bullets must be more than 120 grains to try for Major)

For Standard note that the box rule changed a bit to require the slide be parallel to the long side of the box. I don't know how much leeway you get, but I'm thinking Modified-style angles aren't going to cut it.

Received final Level III IPSC Sanctioning this morning! Stages finalized and approved.

Stages will go up on the website probably the week after next. Schedule will be about that time as well. Waiting for final payments then will be collapsing some of the squads as we aren't going to be quite full. First flight will be full, second flight will have some gaps in it so I may have to flex the schedule a bit to accommodate that.

I guess it all depends where you're flying to ....... Cause I found a 5:45pm, a 6pm, and an 8:10pm flight back to Dayton Sunday night, but they vary in price greatly. The 8pm flght is considerably more than the 6pm flight ..... about $50 MORE! I'd much rather pay $281 than $325 but I'm not sure I can make it to the airport by 5pm.

How soon will we know what the schedule of events for Sunday is?

Edited by Chris Keen

IT is not that the mags are shorter it is that IPSC does not allow in variance in the mag. ISPSA allows 1.5 mm variance so the mag can be 171.5. in IPSC it is 170.0.

Hotel booked, rental car booked, flight booked (I freaking HATE flying), slightly on the pleasant side of $700 for this match...

I'm glad I'm not shooting it, or it would be over $1000 !

If all goes according to plan the Live Coverage will start on Friday (14th) and continue for the duration of the match... Over 13,000 videos were downloaded from the Area 3 match, this one should be more popular. I'm hoping that my ISP struggles a bit with the load as it will allow me to calculate a 'point of failure' which in turn should provide an indication of the server setup I will need if I want to start doing some even bigger matches.

Is there an official match ammo (Universal Ammo?) Tried sending an email to order up some ammo for the match but haven't heard back yet.

Yes. I don't have much to do with the Ammo company but they are the official match ammo.

Frank should be able to help you. FrankGarciaUSA(at)yahoo.com

Also I should be able to get an order form up on the website next week.

Are these stages going to go on the website prior to the match?