Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Help me pick a gun Finish for my new 6in

anilson

I have A new 6in gun that will need finishing.

I did the last one in Freedom gunworks black aranite. Black slide and black frame. Sliver controls.

This one i was going to do a black slide and Hard chrome frame. Now i don't know what i want.

black frame / sliver slide

black slide / sliver frame

controls?

I would like any ideas or input.

Pics would be great.

Thanks

Adam

+1 for all hard chrome, IMHO it's the only way to go. You can get it in a matte finish also. If you like different finishes then get the controls black.

Edited by 40S&W

My friend, who got me into this sport, told me that some of the hard chromed bullseye guns from 40 years ago are still just as tight now as they were then.

I believed him.

Talked with Kodiak Precision, he had my SV hard chromed. I have not been disappointed.

I have friends with ION Bond and with Matt McLearn's finish. Great finishes. The guns look cool.

Go to Kodiak Precision's website and look at Don's guns. I like his hard chrome the best. He told me the key to a great finish is the prep work on the gun. Don spends extra time ensuring the gun is prepped properly for what ever finish you want on it.

I have a gun that was done by Tripp, it is nice but the Kodiak gun is much better looking -- for my tastes.

My friend, who got me into this sport, told me that some of the hard chromed bullseye guns from 40 years ago are still just as tight now as they were then.

I believed him.

Hum... if they were safe queens.

Brushed & matte hard chrome ain't too shabby...

(I really didn't like the look until I got my 1st one... Lol.!)

CompGunsI-3.jpg

CompGunsI-1.jpg

Good luck on the decision..!

(BTW - I highly recommend "Ford's" in FL. for their Hard Chrome.. They are the

folks that got the contract recently to do all of the Factory STI work...)

I am really liking plain old black. The DLC type coatings. A very good friend wants hard chrome on his race guns, so he can tell when they are dirty, but I just like black. My cowboy guns are bead blasted stainless, but I can see the plain old black sight on my 6" limited gun so much better, and I think that is because not only are they better sights, but there is absolutely no reflection off the silde of that gun. The DLC/Ionbond almost absorbes all unwanted light, not just soften it, that it makes front sight aquisition much easier for me.

WG

Here is a pic of the unfinished gun!!! Maybe this will help the wheels turn...

thanks

A

Freakin' NICE ASSED GUN..! (NOT so fond of the "Sharpie Two-Tone though.. :devil: )

How about Brushed Flats & Matte black radii/rounds in Black Hard Chrome on the slide & frame,

then matte hard chrome silver on all the controls (Less the grip safety for good contrast..), barrel, magwell, etc.. That would be awesome..!

I built an Ed Brown Special Forces for a guy out in Utah last year similarly, but it had all polished silver controls

when it was done.. (These pics were before it was completed, but you'll get the idea..)

P8180305.jpg

P8180319.jpg

P8180327.jpg

P8180329.jpg

I am likely doing just the opposite w/ black controls on both of my hard chromed STI's..

Edited by gunfixer