Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Area 2 Championships Nov 9 - 13, 2011

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I shot the whole match today. Most of the match is pretty straight forward - the kind of good, wholesome, fun and challenging stages we have come to expect from Paul and his team in recent years. I'd pay money to watch to top guys shoot Stage 12 :roflol: .

I walked away after shooting stage 12 saying the same thing :)

-ld

Put away those stage diagrams, pix are up! http://www.riosalado...c.com/stages-4/ :cheers:

Wow. Painted barrels. Sexy. cool.gif

With the number of barrel-shooters we typically encounter, those pretty colors won't last long. We use black paint to cover up new holes (the barrels are considered hard cover). By the time you get there, it will look more like a leopard convention :roflol:

Edited by StealthyBlagga

Put away those stage diagrams, pix are up! http://www.riosalado...c.com/stages-4/ :cheers:

Wow. Painted barrels. Sexy. cool.gif

With the number of barrel-shooters we typically encounter, those pretty colors won't last long. We use black paint to cover up new holes (the barrels are considered hard cover). By the time you get there, it will look more like a leopard convention :roflol:

Got done walking the stages. There will be shot barrels! This will be fun.

Later,

Chuck

I went out and shot the thursday night steel match, and naturally the nut that my bomar windage screw (bomar brand sight on SVI limited gun) should screw into broke and fell out of my gun. So now I'm going to be hitting about 3 feet to the right of all my targets. Wheee! :goof:

I'm hoping that the vendor tents will be up by the time I start shooting tomorrow morning. Otherwise I may be in trouble...

If anyone can assist me in any way (happen to have a spare bomar windage nut or something), please give me a call at 925 899 1545.

See you all tomorrow!

I shot the match today, didn't do as well as I was hoping. I didn't have a problem with the swingers, I usually do, but the sneaky targets hidden behind barrels were a trouble.

dagger10k, I don't have an STI, but I have a SA Loaded 45 with an adjustable rear sight. I am strictly an open shooter, so I have no idea what type of rear sight it is. I will bring it tomorrow and you can borrow a screw from it if it will work. I will be on stage 7 very early in the morning before we start running shooters.

Joe

Just wanted to thank Paul and everyone for the best Area 2 match. Been shooting this every year since 2003 and this was the best. Squad 18 was the best with shooters fighting each other for the privilege of taping. Farmington, NM guys rule when it come to taping. It was my pleasure shooting with you guys. :cheers:

Pete

Wow! 127 Limited shooters vs. 158 Open shooters.

Open Division had the most shooter! I've never seen that before.

Thanks to the RO's for their hard work and all the other match staff. Great match as always.

Actually, Open has been either ahead or tied with limited since 2007.

area2_Divisions.pdf

Yup, it was an excellent match. The match ran so smoothly! For our squad, I only recall one wait prior to a stage and that was due to getting through chrono quickly. Sometimes it just seemed that we were the only squad on the range! The crew did great and as usual, Dave on stage 11 had a nice Veterans Day gift for the vets. Thanks to the staff for another great one!

Later,

Chuck

I think this was the smoothest-run Area 2 I can recall! The RO's were great, stages challenging, timing was spot-on. No backups at all.

Thank yous to all involved, and looking forward to the 25th anniversary next year!