Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

BRM3G 2012 -- Moving to the third weekend in October

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1K pistol rounds. Holy crap the round count is only 209, I thought I was over packing with 500. Do I need to stuff more in the bag or what? This is only my second major and I've never been to Rockcastle, but at the Midwest earlier this year I brought double the round count and came home with a ton of ammo. I've got plenty of ammo to bring if needed, just don't want to drag a bunch of useless weight around.

1K pistol rounds. Holy crap the round count is only 209, I thought I was over packing with 500. Do I need to stuff more in the bag or what? This is only my second major and I've never been to Rockcastle, but at the Midwest earlier this year I brought double the round count and came home with a ton of ammo. I've got plenty of ammo to bring if needed, just don't want to drag a bunch of useless weight around.

Well 500 of that is for practice this weekend. I won't be bringing it all to the match. I usually travel with double the round count.

Busyhawk

Spill the beans!! What size targets at what distance, running up and down the hills or just down the hills. Should we bring spare O2 tanks? buckshot distance? slug distance? are there snakes out at this time of year?

Just kidding. I really don't want to know the answers to the above questions. I am trying to plan for everything and hope for the best.

Thanks for the work that you guys do setting this match up. We have been waiting all year!! See you in a week.

We've been waiting WAY MORE than a year this time!!!!

And I'm bummed! Parent-Teacher conferences...and I thought October would be a great time to have BRM3G!!! :angry:

Thanks for all your hard work and I hope the match goes great!!!

JJ will be leaving early next week, but I have to stay at home!

Denise

No snakes as of yet I am guessing the cooler weather is keeping them held up. I have yet to see a tick.

We are using some of the trails that the GNCC racers made/used here. Typical Andy Horner long shots and physical hard stuff. There was one stage we had to dumb down...not that it would be to hard on the shooters but rather to hard on the RO's doing 200 plus times!

It is Fall for sure here at Rock Castle, leaves turning colors which translates into targets harder to find in the woods:(

"If it were easy everyone would do it" quote from Range Master Mike!

No prop guns for once. This is turning into yet another great event again.

Busyhawk

Well just found out over the last couple of days I'm out & can't attend the match as planned. Work has cancelled all vacation time in our department for the month due to so many people on sick leave & staff shortage.

Good luck to all!!

Tony

Is there anything happening on Sunday - or will the whole event wrap up on Saturday night?

(I’ve got room and board booked through Sunday morning, but if things slow down before too late Saturday night I could go home and sleep for free) :blink:

Steve- Par Tay!

I think it probably bears repeating- Unless you're shooting Open, there is a maximum shotgun capacity restriction. Please read the rules, because I don't want to be the bearer of bad news for the uninformed Tac Optics shooter on my stage that fires 10 rounds without reloading.

Curious, does a squad list ever get published prior to this match or is it find out when you get here deal. Doesn't really matter too much, just wondering who I'll be shooting with. Really looking forward to this. The plug is in, the slings are on, the ammo is loaded and the bags are packed... 5 days and counting till departure.... See ya'll soon.

Steve- Par Tay!

I think it probably bears repeating- Unless you're shooting Open, there is a maximum shotgun capacity restriction. Please read the rules, because I don't want to be the bearer of bad news for the uninformed Tac Optics shooter on my stage that fires 10 rounds without reloading.

Bryan,

You RO'ing again? No 3GN stuff at Blue Ridge this year?

Curious, does a squad list ever get published prior to this match or is it find out when you get here deal. Doesn't really matter too much, just wondering who I'll be shooting with. Really looking forward to this. The plug is in, the slings are on, the ammo is loaded and the bags are packed... 5 days and counting till departure.... See ya'll soon.

The last couple years a squad list was published on the Blue Ridge site. It also showed your shooting schedule, kinda.

Dan, Yes! I like RO'ing this match about as much as shooting it. It's my annual weight loss plan. Having it post-poned from April this year has put me about 5#s over fightin' weight all season. :)

For crying out loud, that's a local match for you! I'm sure our paths will cross sometime next season. Maybe in Raton??

I just realized A year and a half has passed since the last Blue Ridge. I RO and shoot it and by my estimation it takes about 11 months to recover from the previous year and forget what a ball-buster this match can be. No wonder I am so psyched for it this time around, more time has passed.

Plus I am shooting irons this match, something I love, but has not been practical at other matches this year. When you are shooting a post and peep at BRM3G it don't matter who else is in your division, the stages are competition enough. Andy makes sure of that.

I still remember stage 4 from last year. Never will forget. It was the last stage after shooting with the ROs all day long. I will go to the grave proud that I did not time out!

15 shot, 21 pistol, 13 rile. Real numbers for me was 18 shot, 50 pistol and 30 rifle. Running sixty yards at the end, stopping in the middle of a high grass field with your lungs pumping and trying to shoot 100-150 swingers form sitting.

Wow, all stages are on the ground and looking very challenging. I don't know what stage is the hardest...my vote is for stage 9. I get to CRO stage 2 this year, get ready to candy load slugs with the shot! Stage 4 has some crawling on all fours, but the hardest thing is not to drop all your ammo and stuff (snag stuff too) before you get to the end.

So far we have dodged all the weather...crossed fingers!

The staff starts shooting Tuesday!

Busyhawk