Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Losing my Best Friend

ihatepickles

On Monday night, August 1, 2011, I lost my best friend. She was soft and shiny with a head harder than a coconut. She's the kindest soul I've ever known. She had a great life and she had no fears from the day I brought her home from the Lab Rescue over 8 years ago.

She died of a stroke and suffered little, for which I'm very happy. Goodbye Georgia - 2002-2011

"Just an ol' sweet song, keeps Georgia on my mind."

5348104329_537b75501d_z.jpg

Dogs In Heaven?

An old man and his dog were walking down this dirt road with fences on both sides, they came to a gate in the fence and looked in, it was nice grassy, woody areas, just what a 'huntin' dog and man would like, but, it had a sign saying 'no trespassing' so they walked on. They came to a beautiful gate with a person in white robes standing there. "Welcome to Heaven" he said. The old man was happy and started in with his dog following him. The gatekeeper stopped him. "Dogs aren't allowed, I'm sorry but he can't come with you."

"What kind of Heaven won't allow dogs? If he can't come in, then I will stay out with him. He's been my faithful companion all his life, I can't desert him now."

"Suit yourself, but I have to warn you, the Devil's on this road and he'll try to sweet talk you into his area, he'll promise you anything, but the dog can't go there either. If you won't leave the dog, you'll spend Eternity on this road."

So the old man and dog went on. They came to a rundown fence with a gap in it, no gate, just a hole. Another old man was inside. "S'cuse me Sir, my dog and I are getting mighty tired, mind if we come in and sit in the shade for awhile?"

"Of course, there's some cold water under that tree over there. Make yourselves comfortable"

"You're sure my dog can come in? The man down the road said dogs weren't allowed anywhere."

"Would you come in if you had to leave the dog?"

"No sir, that's why I didn't go to Heaven, he said the dog couldn't come in.

We'll be spending Eternity on this road, and a glass of cold water and some shade would be mighty fine right about now. But, I won't come in if my buddy here can't come too, and that's final."

The man smiled a big smile and said "Welcome to Heaven."

"You mean this is Heaven? Dogs ARE allowed? How come that fellow down the road said they weren't?"

"That was the Devil and he gets all the people who are willing to give up a life long companion for a comfortable place to stay. They soon find out their mistake, but then it's too late. The dogs come here, the fickle people stay there. GOD wouldn't allow dogs to be banned from Heaven. After all, HE created them to be man's companions in life, why would he separate them in death?"

Author Unknown

Dogs In Heaven?

An old man and his dog were walking down this dirt road with fences on both sides, they came to a gate in the fence and looked in, it was nice grassy, woody areas, just what a 'huntin' dog and man would like, but, it had a sign saying 'no trespassing' so they walked on. They came to a beautiful gate with a person in white robes standing there. "Welcome to Heaven" he said. The old man was happy and started in with his dog following him. The gatekeeper stopped him. "Dogs aren't allowed, I'm sorry but he can't come with you."

"What kind of Heaven won't allow dogs? If he can't come in, then I will stay out with him. He's been my faithful companion all his life, I can't desert him now."

"Suit yourself, but I have to warn you, the Devil's on this road and he'll try to sweet talk you into his area, he'll promise you anything, but the dog can't go there either. If you won't leave the dog, you'll spend Eternity on this road."

So the old man and dog went on. They came to a rundown fence with a gap in it, no gate, just a hole. Another old man was inside. "S'cuse me Sir, my dog and I are getting mighty tired, mind if we come in and sit in the shade for awhile?"

"Of course, there's some cold water under that tree over there. Make yourselves comfortable"

"You're sure my dog can come in? The man down the road said dogs weren't allowed anywhere."

"Would you come in if you had to leave the dog?"

"No sir, that's why I didn't go to Heaven, he said the dog couldn't come in.

We'll be spending Eternity on this road, and a glass of cold water and some shade would be mighty fine right about now. But, I won't come in if my buddy here can't come too, and that's final."

The man smiled a big smile and said "Welcome to Heaven."

"You mean this is Heaven? Dogs ARE allowed? How come that fellow down the road said they weren't?"

"That was the Devil and he gets all the people who are willing to give up a life long companion for a comfortable place to stay. They soon find out their mistake, but then it's too late. The dogs come here, the fickle people stay there. GOD wouldn't allow dogs to be banned from Heaven. After all, HE created them to be man's companions in life, why would he separate them in death?"

Author Unknown

I like that,,what a pretty dog man ..sorry for your loss

I am sorry to hear of your girls passing. They are so wonderful, we forget what life was like without them until they are no longer there. I would gladly take any of my long gone pets back. Few things suck more than losing one of them.

I lost my Bearded Collie, Wally about a year ago and my heart was empty I didn't think it was possible to be so devastated by the loss of a pet. I turned into a dog perv. asking people if I could get a doggie fix and pet their dogs. Then I got Charley a Goldendoodle pup that had big old Wally paws to fill and man has he done an admirable job. I guess what I'm saying is cherish your memories with Georgia (what a beautiful girl see was) but by all means get another dog when it's comfortable for you. Sooner rather than later they have a way of healing things they shouldn't even know about. I'm sorry for your loss but by the same token I'm happy for your find and the eight years you had together.

Tim

Sorry for your loss man, Its hard to believe how much loosing a dog is like loosing a relitive until it happens. Its always nice coming home from work and having a dog to greet you at the door. No matter how bad your day was, theyre always in a good mood and happy to see you.

Thanks again for all the kind words.

It's no surprise to me that so many people are moved by the passing of a pet. The devotion that Georgia showed me inspired me. If I had a hard day, she took me on a walk through the woods. If I had a bad night, she watched over me while I slept. People I've known my entire life can't read my thoughts as easily as she did. A craftier schemer with a more perfect delivery, you will not find. A charmer of many a cat-person. A dog of such immense tolerance that she stood perfectly still as a 2 year old girl hugged her neck while stepping on her paws.

I have no regrets.

5297798987_5f6b293d64_z.jpg

What a beautiful dog....I was just telling my friend how devastated I would be if I lost my pal. He's like our kid, and both my wife and I are going to be crushed when that day eventually comes. :(

Edited by KyroWebs