Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

RO'ing a stage while video taping

prc77

Should a RO, who is running a stage, video tape a shooter with a hand held camera??

I don't think so. He also shouldn't talk on his cell phone, text, eat lunch, or any of 100 other things that might distract him from the task at hand. Filming should be done by another shooter or spectator, who should stay well out of the way of the ROs and shooter.

Should a RO, who is running a stage, video tape a shooter with a hand held camera??

I don't think so. He also shouldn't talk on his cell phone, text, eat lunch, or any of 100 other things that might distract him from the task at hand. Filming should be done by another shooter or spectator, who should stay well out of the way of the ROs and shooter.

agreed. If he's worrying about a camera, he's not worrying about the safety of the shooter's actions.

Hell no!!!

The moron should have given the clock to another RO. Is this guy certified as an RO? I am going to assume that he wasn't or he might have had an inkling in the back of his tiny little mind that he had NO business videotaping a shooter when he was ROing . His one and only job is watching the gun and the shooters trigger finger. Anybody should have stopped him before he started.

Pat

NO, and if you actually witnessed such, at a minimum, it needs to be reported to NROI. Nuff said.

Of course the answer is No, but sadly it's indicative of the level of care we've seen exhibited by some who hold the timer, whether they have a camera handy or not. Some people can be equally distracted without the use of a video device.

Look at some of the match videos posted around here and see how many are just wandering along behind the shooter, seemingly oblivious.

Thankfully, not all or even most. But even one is too many.

When the match is over be sure to leave the range ahead of this individual so you won't get held up in traffic after he crashes while texting friends and uploading his video while attempting to drive, and eat a samich and drink a Dr Pepper.

Everyones safety at the match deserves the RO's full attention!

Not only was the RO wrong, but I think the whole squad was wrong. What sort of lazy squad wouldn't have at least 1 person step up and say "hey, let me tape that for you"...

Let me guess, there were issues with pasting and resetting too...

Edited by HS101

Of course the answer is No, but sadly it's indicative of the level of care we've seen exhibited by some who hold the timer, whether they have a camera handy or not. Some people can be equally distracted without the use of a video device.

Look at some of the match videos posted around here and see how many are just wandering along behind the shooter, seemingly oblivious.

Thankfully, not all or even most. But even one is too many.

What he said.

:cheers:

Sure its ok. With IKam glasses or other hands free devices.

But seriously, Ive never seen this, but its completely unacceptable. Ive shot with some pretty lazy squads, but not so lazy they wouldnt video.

I like to have my runs videoed, but not at the cost of ANYONES safety.