Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New xdm

gunshrink

On one of the other forums there is talk that Springfield announced new gun today that is an xdm competition model. Many of the were disappointed but figure that the folks here would be excited. Anyone know anything about this new gun?

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On one of the other forums there is talk that Springfield announced new gun today that is an xdm competition model. Many of the were disappointed but figure that the folks here would be excited. Anyone know anything about this new gun?

The new XDm is out. It is a 9mm XDm 5.25 match adj sights FO front sight and uses XDm magazines.

Rob Leatham Interview on Gun Talk.

Gun Talk

I listened to guntalk with Rob Leatham as he described the new XDm 525 9mm as a XDm with a 5.25 barrel, a cutout in the slide like a G34, with an adjustable rear sight and fiber optic front sight. In Rob's words "SA gave him everything he asked for in a competition pistol"

Can't wait to see one in person. I think I will have to have one or two of these :cheers:

Guys on XDTalk are up in arms; everybody wanted a single stack or new .45. Think it's a great option for comp shooters but wonder why in 9mm only. A .40 would have been nice but guess they can work the bugs out with the 9mm before releasing the .40.

Guys on XDTalk are up in arms; everybody wanted a single stack or new .45. Think it's a great option for comp shooters but wonder why in 9mm only. A .40 would have been nice but guess they can work the bugs out with the 9mm before releasing the .40.

It sounds to me like a potential platform for an open gun in 9mm, 38 super or 38 super comp. Who wants a 40 caliber open gun?! Be easy enough to do in any of those calibers. Having said that, I wouldn't think the market share would be there, STI kinda rules. Who knows what they are thinking!

Edited by Reshoot

well the xdm started out the same way, 9mm then 40 and last 45 :closedeyes:, seems any new platform for a new xdm would start out the same way, as for sti ruling limited who says they can't stand someone else getting in :surprise: , just my 2 cents :cheers:

It sounds to me like a potential platform for an open gun in 9mm, 38 super or 38 super comp. Who wants a 40 caliber open gun?! Be easy enough to do in any of those calibers. Having said that, I wouldn't think the market share would be there, STI kinda rules. Who knows what they are thinking!

I have an XDm 9 and 40.

I would buy this gun in .40. I wouldn't buy it in 9. But I only compete in Limited, Limited 10, and plan on shooting Production. In .40 this gun would be awesome for all three of these divisions.

I don't have enough posts on this forum to provide the link, but if you go to the Guns America web site you should see it on the main page. You can click on it and read the article about it and see pictures.

Looks like I will have to save my pennies again to acquire me this version now... LOL!!!

Good Luck And Be Safe!!!

:D

Looks like SA upped the ante for the production class! Kinda makes the g34 and pro9 look kinda weak, can't wait to get my hands on a couple of these.

I wonder what type of trigger upgrade it has since its Rob's model? Also Springfield should start making 10 round mags for this gun for production comp.

You don't need a 10 round magazine to compete in Production. You just can't have more than 10 rounds in your magazines. Magazines loaded to capacity are notably more difficult to reload, so bigger capacity magazines is always the preferred option (if legal in your area).

This pistol would be right up my alley if Springfield would sell spare parts to the public, not doing so is a total dealbreaker for me, lifetime warranty or no <_<

I wonder what type of trigger upgrade it has since its Rob's model? Also Springfield should start making 10 round mags for this gun for production comp.

You don't need a 10 round magazine to compete in Production. You just can't have more than 10 rounds in your magazines. Magazines loaded to capacity are notably more difficult to reload, so bigger capacity magazines is always the preferred option (if legal in your area).

This pistol would be right up my alley if Springfield would sell spare parts to the public, not doing so is a total dealbreaker for me, lifetime warranty or no <_<

Thanks for the info. I'm in a non high cap state and prefer 10 round mags instead of pinned mags.

Springfield does sell some spare parts like recoil assembly and roll pins, bought some from them for my xd9.