New xdm

gunshrink

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The rear sight is nice, I will be putting on a thinner front sight.

So is the rear sight really shooter friendly? Like a good Dawson type sight picture?

If so it looks like trigger, grip tape/texture, .100 front sight, 1911 guide rod and maybe an extended mag button and its a killer production gun.

At least thats what Im thinking...

Yes, it has very fine adjustment and hash marks to keep track of your setting. It is a good sight picture in the rear sight for me, the front sight is too wide, but the video shows that it does work.

I was very short on time, so I just got it on the plate and shot a few groups. I swapped the stock trigger to a frame with a trigger job already on it and made the needed changes in the slide to make it work, but once it had a trigger more like the 1911 I've been shooting, it was like shooting guided rounds, as it just worked for me. I wish I had more time, but I only found out late yesterday it was showing up today. I'm looking forward to putting my new front sight on and a real trigger job on it.

I just had the opportunity to shoot the 525. Our local range has one in the rental case (one of 10 in Wisconsin). The trigger pull is much better than a standard XDM and both sights are very easy to use. It shoots smooth and easy and I would venture to say that unless you are shooting in the same stratosphere as TGO et al, this gun will take you very far in your local meets with no mods (IMHO).

Hey Rob,

Another thread brought this back to mind. Many of us shoot XD's and XDM's and wear Techwear shirts. Is there any chance of getting permission to use the logo's?

Back at the end of last year, I was getting my TW shirts ordered and spent quite a bit of time trying to get permission to use the XDM logo on a comp shirt. I was told by everyone up to the head of marketing that it wouldnt happen.

Just wondering if you knew if anything had changed? Thanks for all your input regarding the new 5.25. Cant wait to try one myself!

Hey Rob,

Another thread brought this back to mind. Many of us shoot XD's and XDM's and wear Techwear shirts. Is there any chance of getting permission to use the logo's?

Back at the end of last year, I was getting my TW shirts ordered and spent quite a bit of time trying to get permission to use the XDM logo on a comp shirt. I was told by everyone up to the head of marketing that it wouldnt happen.

Just wondering if you knew if anything had changed? Thanks for all your input regarding the new 5.25. Cant wait to try one myself!

Another vote for that -what gives??? I asked techware and the head of the company even called me. I own six of their guns and can't even get their help or whatever on a shirt. Yeh Rob can you help us out?

Hey Rob,

Another vote for that -what gives??? I asked techware and the head of the company even called me. I own six of their guns (and will get the new one as soon as I can) and can't even get Springfield to help or whatever on a shirt logo. I too called all the way up to marketing and got the door slammed. Love the guns but the attitude really sucks. Yeh Rob can you help us out?

Edited by gunshrink

My CC shirts can use the logo's.

Rich

Anyway us common folk can us it? I shoot a cc gun. I know we can buy the cc shirt but that is your team and some of us would like to unleash our own creativity. Or for that matter does Revi have the approval?

Well the price mystery has ended. Budsgunshop just listed the prices

Bitone 741.00

Black 691.00

Not nearly the ridiculous prices I was hearing from people who supposedly "saw one".

Seems like a fair price to me.

Edited by Duke Nukem

Starting to sound like a lot of gun for the money!!! I am glad we brought it out at a price that makes it a deal for any one wanting a high performance pistol.

I just came from the range, where I am currently practicing bullseye. BTW, I am terrible at it but after finishing with my highly tuned accuracy guns, ran through 3-5 shot strings of rapid fire with the 5.25. That is 5 shots in ten seconds, starting aimed at the target, ready to go. I scored 7-x's, 6-10's and 2-9's. I did this two handed, which aint legal for bullseye. Nonetheless I think that's a pretty good score! Especially for me.

The gun was not zeroed for a six o'clock hold, which I used, (I don't know why either, that's just how I shoot bullseye), 2 rounds are 1/4 inch above targets dead center and all the rest are low. Whole group is just under 3 inches and would easily be all tens if centered. OK I gotta say it, at the risk of sounding like a company man, this gun is awesome. I never expected or intended it to shoot this well? Not complaining, just been around for a long time and don't get this excited about a gun very often.

Just received and installed a 4.2 ounce guide rod from Canyon Creek Custom and can't wait to get it out for a little IPSC practice. Rich sent me a whole pile of cool stuff, springs to lighten the pull and a 140 mm mag base pad. I'm going to try and get another gun from Springfield and try the springs on an otherwise unmodified gun to see what the results are. Maybe Springfield oughta think about a .40 for limited!

Rob