gunshrink

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

WHAAAAT????

That's a ridiculous price. If that's true, Springfield is pulling a gouge job on us big-time.

I was pretty pleased to see this gun announced, so I really hope it's just a misprint.

From the xd forum: CAbelas has it for $1399.

Thats a bit much. I know Cabelas is always a little high but thats gonna make it a little less appealing, for me at least...

indeed.

Yea, that price was me ... Sorry I don't post much here, kind of lurk in the EAA section ... But here's an update on that Cabelas gun.

Hey guys I just practically stole a new XDm 5.25 from cabelas out in Glendale Az this evening. Man this thing is sweet only $1529.11 after I so happily handed over more then $130 to the state of Arizona in taxes for all their great work...

Wally walk time!!!

http://www.xdtalk.com/forums/xdtalk-chatter-box/178703-xdm-5-25-price-cabelas.html#post2923549

NEVERMIND ... Someone was yanking my chain.

I'll try to get a picture with price tag, tomorrow.

Edited by azxd

That it comes with a fiber front and the adjustable rear makes it worth a little more than the price of a Glock 34 + $130. Street price should be $750 to $800. If it's more than $800 it's going to be a tough sell to the non fan boys.

Just saw it on their web-site and I am very excited, 5.25" barrel, fiber optic front sight and adjustable rear, open slide and hopefully a decent trigger. I'm glad I didn't send in my 4.5 XDM 9mm for a trigger job and sights, now I'll use it for a trade-in.

Just talked to Pekin Gun for price and availabity, thats a no. They told me SA hasn't even shipped them yet. An open gun in the future for this poor and old shooter I would like that. Optics for my eyes, 9mm for my wallet and a large round count for my not so good memory.

Just talked to Pekin Gun for price and availabity, thats a no. They told me SA hasn't even shipped them yet. An open gun in the future for this poor and old shooter I would like that. Optics for my eyes, 9mm for my wallet and a large round count for my not so good memory.

Boy, can I relate to your comments! I too need a holographic sight. By the time I tilt my head back far enough to get a crisp sight picture, the target is barely visable.

This is a memory stage?! Oh wait, let me get my white towel and throw it in the start box right now! :roflol:

I keep thinking this new gun might be a platform for a budget-minded open gun. :unsure:

Sorry guys ... I feel like a real idiot !!!

AZXD FAILS

Sorry folks' date=' but I seriously failed yesterday ... Lot's of heat while working in the yard, one to many beers, then having the wife run me over to get some ammo.

Stupid people shouldn't have let me touch a gun

Went back today, and it's a damn custom competition thing from the factory, but it's not the new XDm.

I'm sincerely sorry, and feel like a fool for stating the price of the wrong gun [/quote']

Boy, can I relate to your comments! I too need a holographic sight. By the time I tilt my head back far enough to get a crisp sight picture, the target is barely visable.

This is a memory stage?! Oh wait, let me get my white towel and throw it in the start box right now! :roflol:

I keep thinking this new gun might be a platform for a budget-minded open gun. :unsure:

I think it wouldn't work as well as the 4.5 XDM for an Open gun.

Scott,

How come? interested

Edited by eerw

Scott,

How come? interested

You can take more wight out of the XDM 4.5 slide than it looks like you can the 5.25. The XDM has a heavy striker spring that wants to push it out of battery, so you still have to spring it to work with a comp and the lighter the slide the better it feels IMO. Plus you don't need a longer gun with the dot for aiming.

Edited by Loves2Shoot

As a competition pistol it is a step in the right direction. Nice length & sights but... It still can't compete with the Glock 34 & Smith & Wesson M&P pro because the bore axis is way to high. A high bore axis = more muzzle flip = slower times. What they needed to do is a major redesign where they lower the bore axis and make it so you can get your hand higher on the frame.

As a competition pistol it is a step in the right direction. Nice length & sights but... It still can't compete with the Glock 34 & Smith & Wesson M&P pro because the bore axis is way to high. A high bore axis = more muzzle flip = slower times. What they needed to do is a major redesign where they lower the bore axis and make it so you can get your hand higher on the frame.

With that type of thinking maybe they need to redesign the 1911 it to has a high bore axis to shoot it fast. This bore axis excuse just doesn't fly. Learn to grip the gun properly and shoot good ammo, you won't be able to see any difference.

Oh and I've seen people shooting .013 splits with excellent accuracy out of an XD/m, maybe if the bore axis is lowered they could do .012 or .011's. As Flex would say pick a gun and shoot it.

Rich

Scott,

How come? interested

You can take more wight out of the XDM 4.5 slide than it looks like you can the 5.25. The XDM has a heavy striker spring that wants to push it out of battery, so you still have to spring it to work with a comp and the lighter the slide the better it feels IMO. Plus you don't need a longer gun with the dot for aiming.

Good info, Scott. Thanx!

If only I could get the level in my piggy bank up to the open gun mark . . . :unsure:

Definitely looking forward to the 40S&W version for USPSA Limited. Hopefully everything I have done to my XDM40 4.5 can be swapped over to the new model (PRP trigger kit, Pistolgear magwell, etc...). Then I will use the 4.5 for production and the 5.25 for limited. Oh yeah, hope they use the same magazines, which they should.

With that type of thinking maybe they need to redesign the 1911 it to has a high bore axis to shoot it fast. This bore axis excuse just doesn't fly. Learn to grip the gun properly and shoot good ammo, you won't be able to see any difference.

Oh and I've seen people shooting .013 splits with excellent accuracy out of an XD/m, maybe if the bore axis is lowered they could do .012 or .011's. As Flex would say pick a gun and shoot it.

Rich

Your comparing a metal frame to a polymer. I own both the m&p and a xdm and shot with my reloads you can for sure tell the difference in muzzle flip. Its just a fact.

From the xd forum: CAbelas has it for $1399.

Ouch... I was excited, but now not sure I would buy it unless Rob came with it to shoot the match and sign my name to the score sheet :blush:

Rich

Your comparing a metal frame to a polymer. I own both the m&p and a xdm and shot with my reloads you can for sure tell the difference in muzzle flip. Its just a fact.

I can't tell the difference. I have many more brands of polymer pistols also and with good technique, and the video camera shows they all move just about the same as far as flip goes. If a gun fits you better, then it might feel different, but it doesn't mean it is significantly different.

Rich

I'm not comparing guns, I'm using your theory on bore axis. The difference between the XD/m, m&p, and glock is insignificant, now if your looking at inches then it might hold a few drops of water.

Rich

Rich

I'm not comparing guns, I'm using your theory on bore axis. The difference between the XD/m, m&p, and glock is insignificant, now if your looking at inches then it might hold a few drops of water.

Rich

Its not my theory. I thought it was a scientific one...lol maybe the m&p just felt better. When I go back to the xdm the grip texture just doesn't feel as great as the m&p. I was probably talking in inches. Other then that and the roll pin I never had any other problem with the xdm. The $1400 price tag is quite suprising though