Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

TEXAS MULTIGUN 2012

this is the garand clip pouch that brownell;s is carrying.

How are you planning on carrying it?

It looks like it's about the right size, maybe add more straps to turn it into a chest rig?

Please try whatever rig you have at a match, and remember there will be stages with all 3 guns. To make room for enblocs on my right (strong) side, I am turning myself into a weak-hand shotgun reloader to move the shotshell trays to my weak (left) side.

Side note: You will not need 12 clips for any stage at this match. Not sure what the max count per stage is, but it is way under 96. That is too much reloading for the max stage times we have to run. Of course, never know, Sheldon may give WW2 division more time. :devil: The club matches are not a perfect representation of the big match, but I have only needed more than 2 reloads once, and the MD acknowledged that stage would not work unmodified for WW2 division.

Yes, this image is that of an M2 (my M2) but my Super Nova wears a similar unit.

I believe I know the answer but is ANY rear sight prohibited?

I may have to rethink my WWII entry as it would now entail the price of another barrel, or at least removing a perfectly set and zeroed sight :(

Patrick

Patrick, he reads the forum, but you might shoot the MD an email and ask. There are some shotguns out there with 10/22 sights, too.

Lee

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks like it's about the right size, maybe add more straps to turn it into a chest rig?

Please try whatever rig you have at a match, and remember there will be stages with all 3 guns. To make room for enblocs on my right (strong) side, I am turning myself into a weak-hand shotgun reloader to move the shotshell trays to my weak (left) side.

Side note: You will not need 12 clips for any stage at this match. Not sure what the max count per stage is, but it is way under 96. That is too much reloading for the max stage times we have to run. Of course, never know, Sheldon may give WW2 division more time. :devil: The club matches are not a perfect representation of the big match, but I have only needed more than 2 reloads once, and the MD acknowledged that stage would not work unmodified for WW2 division.

Yes, this image is that of an M2 (my M2) but my Super Nova wears a similar unit.

I believe I know the answer but is ANY rear sight prohibited?

I may have to rethink my WWII entry as it would now entail the price of another barrel, or at least removing a perfectly set and zeroed sight :(

Patrick

Patrick, he reads the forum, but you might shoot the MD an email and ask. There are some shotguns out there with 10/22 sights, too.

Lee

you obviously haven't seen me shoot!

On paper we have a 60 round pistol course that is intense to say the least. FOr us WW2 shooters, that means only 30 rounds so be sure to have enough pistol magazines and pouches. Not sure if the stage will commemorate the Doolittle raid and the crash landing in China or a family member flying a Piper Cub as a Forward Observer being shot down...twice. It'll be good either way.

Well, I plan on using whatever rig I come up with for all my local matches between now and April, too...this last month there were stages with 19 and 21 rifle targets, both of which had targets at least 500 yds, with one over 600...with cross winds gusting over 40 mph.

I might just need all 12 clips. :blink:

For the WW2 Division shotgun stages, will we need to have chokes? Or will a "classic" pump gun with 18" barrel and cylinder bore be enough? I was thinking the stages would have been designed with the cylinder bore barrels in mind, but figured I should confirm. If I can get line-of-sight to the right gear, I'll put in my registration for WW2 and buy it all between now and the match.

Thanks!

-- Mike

PS -- nobody tell my wife.....she's gonna FLIP.

Chokes won't be necessary for WW2. I'm shooting a 18.5 Supernova with rifle sights, fyi.

I was thinking about getting a barrel just like that for my SuperNova. It's 24" now. The rifle sights did worry me until your post.

I still have some considerations to ponder.

Thank you for the rapid response!!

Chokes won't be necessary for WW2. I'm shooting a 18.5 Supernova with rifle sights, fyi.

I was thinking about getting a barrel just like that for my SuperNova. It's 24" now. The rifle sights did worry me until your post.

Novas have a mid bead, right? I'd just use the 24, the vent rib is awesome and the mid bead can be used pretty effectively as a rear sight for slugs.

Novas have a mid bead, right? I'd just use the 24, the vent rib is awesome and the mid bead can be used pretty effectively as a rear sight for slugs.

My SuperNova has a mid-bead, yes. You raise a good point. Thank you.

General, just so I am clear on this, even though the rules say no rifle sights on shotguns in WWII division, they will be allowed, correct?

General, just so I am clear on this, even though the rules say no rifle sights on shotguns in WWII division, they will be allowed, correct?

We'll correct the rules to reflect that, that was something we discussed previously. Apologies for the confusion.

We'll correct the rules to reflect that, that was something we discussed previously. Apologies for the confusion.

Got it, thank you sir!

My battery. Apologies for the image quality - my camera has gone walkabout and my phone is all I have.

IMAG0057.jpg

1953 International Harvester

1963 Remington 870 Wingmaster (+2 tube extension en route)

2001 Kimber Classic Custom (the backup is a 1944 USGI Ithaca/Remington Rand mix)

Combined age: 116 years, not including the backup.

There will be a World War 2 division, Garand, Pump shotgun--6+1, 1911--8+1. Havent worked out all the details yet...I'm shooting it this time.

I believe it is Garand only, the carbine would definitely be a major advantage with the detachable mag and increased capacity.