Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

TEXAS MULTIGUN 2012

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There will be a World War 2 division, Garand, Pump shotgun--6+1, 1911--8+1. Havent worked out all the details yet...I'm shooting it this time.

I believe it is Garand only, the carbine would definitely be a major advantage with the detachable mag and increased capacity.

The other rifles listed at allowable under the rules are the SMLE and No. 4 Mk. I (UK/Aussie/NZ), and semi-auto versions of the M1918 BAR or M1919 machinegun. They all have more capacity, but the first two are bolt action, and the last two weigh over 20+ lbs. Be fun to see someone run one, though.

At the present, I am in the open class; but, I am considering the WWII class. Understanding that most of the targets are < 150yds would M1 Carbines be allowed?

Not specifically allowed, but feel free to petition the Match Director. Never know, might work. However, the vision is more "full power rifle", not pistol caliber carbine.

OPEN DIVISION Questions:

Ok I read the rules, and it would appear that if you shoot only one A hit on every target there are no penalties with either rifle or pistol?

What is the power factor for 9 mm Pistol (open division)?

Tactical Heavy Question:

Since my SIL is a heavy metal guy.

Unlike heavy metal a 9 mm simi auto pistol aka Production or Limited w/mag < 140 is allowed?

Unlike heavy metal a Simi Auto shotgun such as an FN SLP is allowed in the Divsion?

I'm a little long in the tooth on my reservation but it is on its way today with the money, Open Division, just bought a shotgun for Open.

Hey guys have a favor to ask. Can anyone rent me and a friend an extra three gun cart for the shoot or refer me to a place to buy one once we get to Texas. Its too much weight to bring on the plane. One more question will we be allowed to check zero on our gun at the range before the match.

Thanks again.

Pat

Edited by Alaskapopo

OPEN DIVISION Questions:

Ok I read the rules, and it would appear that if you shoot only one A hit on every target there are no penalties with either rifle or pistol?

What is the power factor for 9 mm Pistol (open division)?

Tactical Heavy Question:

Since my SIL is a heavy metal guy.

Unlike heavy metal a 9 mm simi auto pistol aka Production or Limited w/mag < 140 is allowed?

Unlike heavy metal a Simi Auto shotgun such as an FN SLP is allowed in the Divsion?

I'm a little long in the tooth on my reservation but it is on its way today with the money, Open Division, just bought a shotgun for Open.

to the best of my knowledge, there is no powerfactor for pistols, this being an outlaw match 1 A zone hit and or one head shot is nuturalized, however we did shoot some big poppers last year on 1 stage so i wouldnt run them to low... hope this helps and hope its accurate haha

Hey guys have a favor to ask. Can anyone rent me and a friend an extra three gun cart for the shoot or refer me to a place to buy one once we get to Texas. Its too much weight to bring on the plane. One more question will we be allowed to check zero on our gun at the range before the match.

Thanks again.

Pat

If i bring my golf cart i have one i can hook you up with

Thanks again.

Pat

If i bring my golf cart i have one i can hook you up with

If that does not work out, you can borrow mine as long as you don't mind a cheap craigslist stroller conversion.

Will be RO'ing, so I won't need it that weekend.

Thanks again.

Pat

I have a do it yourself craigslist stroller that you are more than welcome to borrow for the match. Just the plain jane with atv hooks to hold a rifle on one side and the shotgun on the other.

Let me know.

Matt

It's way too far, and I had told myself I was going back to the mouseguns... but I shot my Garand a little the other day, and I'm hooked. Just finished the online part, I'll send everything in tomorrow, shooting WW2. I might have to take the magwell off of the Spartan, anyone know if the single stack Dawson Ice fits in the SS box?

DanO

Oh yeah.. I don't think M1 Carbines should be a go for the main match, but some carbine side-match action would be awesome!

I think that any of the following combinations should be allowed (in addition to the current guns):

British: Enfield .303brit and a Webley revolver.

Russian: Mosin Nagant 7.62x54r and a Nagant revolver.

Japanese: Arisaka 7mm and Nambu pistol.

German: Mauser 8mm and Luger 9mm.

Everyone would pretty much have to use an American shotgun as I am not aware of any shotguns issued by any of those powers (but bonus points if you round out the trio with a country-appropriate shotgun).

It will be an Axis & Allies match.

Well, the theme is War in the Pacific...which eliminates the Germans and Russians (yes, I'm aware that the Russians fought the Japanese in Manchuria and the Kuriles for what, a week or two?). And I'm pretty sure they're only playing the Allied side, which would eliminate Japan. (As would the need for reliable pistols)

The SMLE and No.4 Mk.I are already on the approved list...although I don't think any revolvers are (Webley or US M1917). Now, at least some Commonwealth countries used the Browning HP (which the Brits to this day just call "the Browning"), but that's not on the approved list. I guess the MD figures a high-cap 9 would be too big an advantage in that division.

Now, I'd love to see an Axis & Allies themed 2 gun match (but you might want to let the Russians use their Tokarev automatics). I shot a WWII/Battle of the Bulge themed High Power match up in Lancaster, PA a few years back (appropriately, it was about 12 degrees out with plenty of snow) that was a lot of fun.

Edited by Langenator

Excellent, thanks Chet. It's not exactly in the WWII spirit, but it is in the "absolute edge of the rules" spirit, so I guess I'll leave it on.

Now, if so many people are going to shoot the WWII division, can we get this:

M1poster.gif

made into a T-shirt just for us? The M1 did my talking at Texas Multigun 2012...

DanO

I signed up for the match assuming it was a Saturday/Sunday format (like it was a couple of years ago when I went). However a friend of mine who is going taught me how to read a calendar and showed me how April 20th is a Friday. I thought WOW!, we are going to be shooting for 3 days! Do I have this right?

Excellent, thanks Chet. It's not exactly in the WWII spirit, but it is in the "absolute edge of the rules" spirit, so I guess I'll leave it on.

Now, if so many people are going to shoot the WWII division, can we get this:

M1poster.gif

made into a T-shirt just for us? The M1 did my talking at Texas Multigun 2012...

DanO

How about this one instead?

post-28175-0-80188100-1326156515_thumb.j

Okay, a few things:

DMG, that is most definitely a better image. I would absolutely buy a couple of shirts if someone wanted to put it together.

WWII shooters: Are we up to 30 yet? I have a line on a guy that does kydex belt carriers for en bloc clips. He's a one-man shop, not setup for e-commerce or anything like that. I'm trying to set up a group buy if anyone is interested, just let me know. I'm hoping I can get the price under 20 bucks each. Mre info to follow including pricing and pictures as it comes available.

Also for the WWII folks... what's everyone doing for shotguns? Right now I'm just planning on plugging my Nova, but If I could find a more authentic optin that didn't cost much, I'd consider it just for the cool factor.

DanO