JThompson

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's another prototype

post-1493-0-02677100-1328221189_thumb.jp

Did not need the floating picatinny rail piece on the left side

You could actually mill off most of the feet on the other side .

post-1493-0-71751900-1328221208_thumb.jp

Lowered it a bit more maybe an 1/8 inch

post-1493-0-63957000-1328221236_thumb.jp

Very slick, James. Johnny's work or your own?

Is this different from the one I held at the range? I really like this setup and so far it shows that you're shooting well with it. cheers.gif

Here's another prototype

post-1493-0-02677100-1328221189_thumb.jp

Did not need the floating picatinny rail piece on the left side

You could actually mill off most of the feet on the other side .

post-1493-0-71751900-1328221208_thumb.jp

Lowered it a bit more maybe an 1/8 inch

post-1493-0-63957000-1328221236_thumb.jp

Sorry i should have said from the start that this was Johnny's work.

Is this different from the one I held at the range? I really like this setup and so far it shows that you're shooting well with it. cheers.gif

Yeah it's new, the one you saw is the same one in post #44.

Sorry i should have said from the start that this was Johnny's work.

No worries, here. Reason I asked was Jon's question:

James, Know if Johnny will sell any some time soon?

Here's one I just made for a friends' Tanfoglio Gold Custom. It attaches to the right side only so that the top end can be taken off without removing the slide racker.

BR,

Perttupp

Nice!

I have once mounted an Aimpoint micro on the right hand side. This allows the support hand closer to the line of bore. Now mount interference with the thumb.

Keep up the good work!

DVC

• 1 month later...

James, Know if Johnny will sell any some time soon?

I'm in the process of deciding which new 21st century red dot is going to replace my 18 yr old (and still going strong) Tasco tube sight. I've got a Leupold Deltapoint on order from Cabelas.

The Cmore RTS was out of the running because I didn't see any available frame mounts. Almost as a lark, I emailed Limcat about the prototype mount that ONG45 was trying out. Lo and behold, the Limcat mount is now available to the public for $145.

So the Cmore RTS is now a valid candidate to replace the Tasco. So are there anymore updates on the RTS? How does the auto-brightness work for indoors and cloudy days?

Unfortunately, none of the big outlets (with liberal return policies) have the RTS in stock. I've been testing various red dots on my TacSol 22 conversion kit with slide mounted picatinny rail. I was planning on trying out a few, keep the winner and return the rest. Won't be able to test and return the RTS if I don't like it.

I'm in the process of deciding which new 21st century red dot is going to replace my 18 yr old (and still going strong) Tasco tube sight. I've got a Leupold Deltapoint on order from Cabelas.

So the Cmore RTS is now a valid candidate to replace the Tasco. So are there anymore updates on the RTS? How does the auto-brightness work for indoors and cloudy days?

Jury is still out on the auto brightness feature. There is nothing like having a knob though i suspect it auto adjusts about as well as any of the other brands out there. Dryfiring indoors the dot does not seem overly bright . Imho you get a bit better quality glass with the delta point, the dot is smaller but is a bit cleaner looking than the rts.