Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

C-More RTS

JThompson

I don't know if anyone here has wind of this yet, but I found out today that C-More is coming out with a model RTS. It's the same as the STS, but instead of the tombstone shape glass it will be round. I asked about the size and was told it will be slightly smaller that the original C-More glass, but will indeed b round.

The should be out in the next couple weeks....

JT

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry people, wish I had images or video, but none are available. I'm a bit excited by the prospect. I tried the STS out and didn't like the lens on it. The follow up shots were difficult for me as the dot was leaving the glass. I'm hoping this will be a better solution for those of us who want to try it. I have a cert for one of them and when they are available I will get some images and a test out for you guys.

Please do not pester C-More about it as there is no exact date to be released. ;) I'll get back with you on it soon as possible.

JT

EDIT: Ed, I don't know for sure, but I think the price point is going to be right around the STS... don't hold me to that though it's just a guess.

Edited by JThompson

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

It does have a Weaver mount on the bottom. I modified an Infinity C-More mount by chopping it off and putting a Picatinny rail on it and chopped off the back half. While I certainly do think I could mount it even lower right now it is 1/4" lower than a regular C-More on the same Infinity mount which is already very, very low. I cut it off where there is nothing above the ejection port so 9mm gun brass issues with varying brass dimensions become a non-issue. I have only shot one practice session and one steel matchwith it and I do kinda like it. A regular C-More is ~27mm in diameter.....the RTS is ~22mm so the difference is really not that noticeable.

I sure wish C-More would make a version with about a 25mm lens and with a flat bottom with at least 2 bolt holes. Right now it appears there is no room for holes due to electronic locations.

Lee

rts.jpg

How is the dot compared to a regular Cmore?

Edited to add how about a mount that is actually cut to accept a weaver? That would drop it down. Just thinin'.

Edited by Neomet

Only available in weaver mount..WTF?? taht sucks.

we cant make a mount to it and hold it down with screws.

Does someone have STS, Cmore and take pic of it side by side just

so we can compare the glass.

Regular CMORE optic measurement is 29mm.

anyone know what optic measurement for Deltapoint? STS?

Thanks for posting Neel.

Edited by shooterbenedetto

How is the dot compared to a regular Cmore?

Edited to add how about a mount that is actually cut to accept a weaver? That would drop it down. Just thinin'.

My regular C-Mores are ~27mm in diameter. The RTS is ~21.5mm in height and ~25.5mm wide.

I took the base plate off and did not see any place that at least 2 screw holes could be drilled to mount the sight directly onto the mount. I will look again though as I was in a hurry to get it on a gun.

Lee

Looks good Neel! What about a 90 Deg for the RTS?

Not sure why you would want to do that....with it's shape I think that would be strange to look at a D shaped optic on it's side. My whole goal was to get a sight mounted as low as possible with the ejection port 100% clear.

Lee

• 2 months later...

Lee, Do you have an update on how this set up is working out for you? Figured out another way to mount it?

+1, I am really curios too. How a bout a picture straight from behind, preferably with the dot on?

I had really hi expectations for this sight but now I am a little disappointed. When they design things don’t they talk to people? Why couldn’t the glass be round and why couldn’t it be as big as the old chunky C-more? And last but not least why the weaver mount?

The sight is all new and maybe they will come up with different models?

Also, a clever mount design could solve some of it shortcomings. What if the platform of the mount was the rail itself? So you don’t have to mount a weaver rail on top of the mount and then the sight.

This setup is holding up well. I have shot it in 5 matches and a few practice sessions. It has held the zero since first being sighted.

I don't know why C-more would have not talked to more shooters, especially USPSA shooters.

I do like the thought of making the mount a rail....I had thought of milling one down but I got too excited when I first got the sight and it is working so I have't messed with it. Maybe I wil this winter when we get back from Greece.