Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

C-More RTS

JThompson

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Question for you those of you with an RTS... I assembled mine on a makeshift mount (waiting for one from Matt :)). Just by eyeball I dialed in the left/right up and down the locking screw was completely loose.

I then took the supplied wrench and tightened the lock screw, but both the L/R and the U/D and pretty easily be moved with the allen wrench after the Lock is tight. At first I didn't think I tightened it, but when I went to loosen it, It snapped 2 or 3 times to tell me that indeed it was tight.

Am I doing something wrong? Or do the screws still turn on the L/R, U/D, but the dot is locked? There was maybe a little more tension to them when the lock was tight, but nothing really notable.

Just curious, I'll call Cmore tomorrow, perhaps I got a bad one, but that seems a little odd because no-one else seems to complain about this issue?

So tell me when you Lock is tight, can you still turn the L/R, U/D allen screws with pretty much just your fingers on the allen wrench?

Thanks,

Alan

Question for you those of you with an RTS... I assembled mine on a makeshift mount (waiting for one from Matt :)). Just by eyeball I dialed in the left/right up and down the locking screw was completely loose.

I then took the supplied wrench and tightened the lock screw, but both the L/R and the U/D and pretty easily be moved with the allen wrench after the Lock is tight. At first I didn't think I tightened it, but when I went to loosen it, It snapped 2 or 3 times to tell me that indeed it was tight.

Am I doing something wrong? Or do the screws still turn on the L/R, U/D, but the dot is locked? There was maybe a little more tension to them when the lock was tight, but nothing really notable.

Just curious, I'll call Cmore tomorrow, perhaps I got a bad one, but that seems a little odd because no-one else seems to complain about this issue?

So tell me when you Lock is tight, can you still turn the L/R, U/D allen screws with pretty much just your fingers on the allen wrench?

Thanks,

Alan

Well, go figure, designed as implemented... Seems the Lock screw, locks the module, but the U/D, L/R screws will turn (although you shouldn't), the detent keeps them from moving, but even if they do, the zero won't change.... Ok, nice to know, file that one away...

Tried this set up today from a fellow shooter at NRG using a JV mount (pre production, from what it looks like)... I need to shoot a whole match to get a grasp of the changes.

Initial impression.. very good.

RTS is VERY close to Serendipity/slide ride glass size.

Matt C. posted a pic on FB showing the different heights from 90, RTS and upright Serendipity.

RTS is dead smack in the middle between the other 2.

http://imgur.com/a/IcS7j#0

• 10 months later...

I just got the RTS and Matt's mount. I have used the standard C-more, moved to the side mount, and now the RTS.

The reason I changed from a side mount--The faster I got, the more I screwed up targets with no shoots or hard cover while transiting to the left.

Being winter we shoot a lot indoors (weekly) and the 7 MOA dot is just to bright and to BIG. Who would think you would complain about to bright.

I read in one post to put tape over the sensor---It helped some, but the dot is still to big. I mean BIG! Anybody know if the diode can be changed like a standard C-More?

I did shoot outside on a cloudy day to zero (less than an hour) and the dot size did not seem to be a problem . I will have to wait till spring hits to see if 7 MOA is the ticket for outside in different lighting conditions. .

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to Shooter Connection(great bunch- they are always ready to help reduce your nabk account:)), I installed a new RTS and Cheeley Mount on my Open gun today. Boy, is this thing bright! I' m hoping I didn't pick the wrong MOA dot-went with 7.... Spent a little time with it sighting it in, then worked a little on draws and sight alignment. I was worried that I might have trouble finding dot since it sets so much lower than a regular Cmore, but if anything , I think the alignment is easier, and timer shows it to be faster. Great setup!

Question for you those of you with an RTS... I assembled mine on a makeshift mount (waiting for one from Matt smile.gif). Just by eyeball I dialed in the left/right up and down the locking screw was completely loose.

Thanks,

Alan

Well, go figure, designed as implemented... Seems the Lock screw, locks the module, but the U/D, L/R screws will turn (although you shouldn't), the detent keeps them from moving, but even if they do, the zero won't change.... Ok, nice to know, file that one away...

Great news I thought I had just messed my zero up.

I just got the RTS and Matt's mount. I have used the standard C-more, moved to the side mount, and now the RTS.

The reason I changed from a side mount--The faster I got, the more I screwed up targets with no shoots or hard cover while transiting to the left.

Being winter we shoot a lot indoors (weekly) and the 7 MOA dot is just to bright and to BIG. Who would think you would complain about to bright.

I read in one post to put tape over the sensor---It helped some, but the dot is still to big. I mean BIG! Anybody know if the diode can be changed like a standard C-More?

I did shoot outside on a cloudy day to zero (less than an hour) and the dot size did not seem to be a problem . I will have to wait till spring hits to see if 7 MOA is the ticket for outside in different lighting conditions. .

put 2-3 layers of tape over the sensor.

put 2-3 layers of tape over the sensor.

I read about the tape in another post and it did not seem to work. I am not so sure I have located the sensor. What I thought is the sensor, I put opaque blue plumbers tape and it is still to bright.

Interestingly, I would put my finger (horizontal) in front of the lower part and the dot shrinks and is perfect size. This happens even with the tape on. Leads me to believe the sensor is in the glass ?

Can you post a picture of where you put the tape?

I'm at work. No Gun Zone, sorry. It's in front of the scope, right below the glass. Yes there is a round sensor that you'll see...hardly visible.

I use the blue painters tape 2-3, if i'm indoors. BUT, make sure you set your switch to 'AT' and NOT 'M'. In 'AT' mode, the sensor will detect ambient light, in 'M' mode, it doesn't care, it will go full blast.

Hope this helps.