Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

C-More RTS

JThompson

This setup is holding up well. I have shot it in 5 matches and a few practice sessions. It has held the zero since first being sighted.

I don't know why C-more would have not talked to more shooters, especially USPSA shooters.

I do like the thought of making the mount a rail....I had thought of milling one down but I got too excited when I first got the sight and it is working so I have't messed with it. Maybe I wil this winter when we get back from Greece.

Something like this! The shaded areas illustrates were the weaver sections needs to be. The "legs" of the mount has to be moved back, so that they do not interfere with the weaver mount of the sight, and the front weaver section of the mount needs to extend past the "legs". Someone should make this mount and we might have a new winning team.

post-4542-0-66512300-1317294231_thumb.jp

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am under the impression that Cmore has yet another sight coming out with the same size lens as the original. In other words basically the old sight with new electronics. has anyone else heard this?

Don't you know it isn't nice to tease us about the optic we really want?? :rolleyes:

I am under the impression that Cmore has yet another sight coming out with the same size lens as the original. In other words basically the old sight with new electronics. has anyone else heard this?

Don't you know it isn't nice to tease us about the optic we really want?? :rolleyes:

WTF!!

i im just going to get the RTS

Do you know this or? :unsure:

I think people were hoping for a DeltaPoint type base size with the screen size of the original Cmore. At least that’s what I was hoping for. The standard cmore base is too big, on an upright mount the large base jacks the lens up too high and on a side mount it creates a giant block on the side that blocks your vision and limits the options of slide rackers/thumb rests/ga$ pedals (and doesn’t look very good). The RTS base is almost as tall as a regular Cmore and with the weaver mount, might even be taller. Was this sight designed for rifle shooters or pistol shooters?

This sight might be interesting on a side mount because it could probably work with any slide racker and thumb rest/ga$ pedal. But still the annoying giant block hanging off the side blocking my view.

I think people were hoping for a DeltaPoint type base size with the screen size of the original Cmore.

Yep!

All these makers have mini-dot'itis. rolleyes.gif

News flash to the makers...the whole idea is to SEE the thing that needs seeing. Make that easy (big lens). Then, make the rest of it as small as possible (light weight and it gets out of the ways of other stuff)

I think people were hoping for a DeltaPoint type base size with the screen size of the original Cmore.

Yep!

All these makers have mini-dot'itis. rolleyes.gif

News flash to the makers...the whole idea is to SEE the thing that needs seeing. Make that easy (big lens). Then, make the rest of it as small as possible (light weight and it gets out of the ways of other stuff)

I'll take one of those also!

• 1 month later...

So i've been playing with this for a little while. I basically mounted it like Lee,cutting a piece of weaver rail and screwing it on to a standard one sided mount.The sight sits just above the end of the barrel, giving you a clear ejection port. To figure out a cleaner mount is gonna take some serious work, not sure if it's worth it to lower the sight a bit more .

Sight seems solidly built, holds zero and i haven't found anything to dislike.

I am digging this, finding the dot on the draw seeems instinctive if your used to the c-more. Dot is very bright, haven't shot it yet in overcast conditions so not sure how well the auto-intensity feature works.

The sight body is 2 inches long vs. the 5 of the original.

post-1493-0-94441700-1323723237_thumb.jp

Rts sits a LOT lower

post-1493-0-26670400-1323723280_thumb.jp

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Here's another prototype

post-1493-0-02677100-1328221189_thumb.jp

Did not need the floating picatinny rail piece on the left side

You could actually mill off most of the feet on the other side .

post-1493-0-71751900-1328221208_thumb.jp

Lowered it a bit more maybe an 1/8 inch

post-1493-0-63957000-1328221236_thumb.jp

Edited by ong45