Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Top Shot

outerlimits

USPSA rules are great and I'm glad we have them. But they certainly don't apply to everyone, everywhere who handles a firearm. I'm quite sure most of you would be shocked if you observed most law enforcement qualifications. I'm not saying they're unsafe, but they also don't follow USPSA rules.

Edited by SV-COP

He gave himself about 5 good opportunities to shoot himself in the foot. Or kneecap.

Just about every time he decided he was done shooting, he also decided to sweep himself badly.

Pretty sure i will skip Season 2. The best part of the hour was the new Navy commercial.

Should ask Caleb Giddings (Ahab on here) a last season competitor about what they talk about gun safety etc.

Some of the competitions last year looked like they had to clear the weapon before putting it down, and on the last episode it looked like some of the contestants were putting the 1911 on safe before setting it down, and others looked like they may have cleared it.

Caleb also has his gunnuts radio blog and website, could be a good question to put on there

Good point Jake. I was also wondering how they decided who was going to change mags and when, since they each only made 1 shot. How did they remember where they were at in the count?

7?

8?

I would hate to get up there and have the gun go "click" .

Edited by Chris Keen

Good point Jake. I was also wondering how they decided who was going to change mags and when, since they each only made 1 shot. How did they remember where they were at in the count?

7?

8?

I would hate to get up there and have the gun go "click" .

Don't you think the slide locking back would be a good indicator?

Got this response from Iain Harrison about safety at Top Shot last year:

"They were anal about safety last year to the point of not allowing movement with loaded firearms, but we worked on them loosen things up a bit. They approached the subject from a position of ignorance & fear, but once they saw that we weren't going to turn around and start bustin caps gangsta stylee, they started getting over it.

Weapons were generally to be left on safe or cleared before leaving them on the table."

USPSA rules are great and I'm glad we have them. But they certainly don't apply to everyone, everywhere who handles a firearm. I'm quite sure most of you would be shocked if you observed most law enforcement qualifications. I'm not saying they're unsafe, but they also don't follow USPSA rules.

+++++1 :wacko:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

My feeling is this: We need to embrace programs like Top Shot, because they show a very positive view of guns. It's been a long time since we have had positive television shows on guns. The NRA can't hardly buy commercials because the television industry won't sell to them. I have really loved watching the various guns used on Top Shot and the great marksman.