Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tax Refunds!

Chris Keen

I just met with my tax guy last week, and he called me today to say he's done and told me what my refund was going to be! I know, I know .... it's my own money I'm getting back ... and they've been holding it hostage all year long. Been there, done that speech.

I'm just terrible when it comes to saving up for anything, so for me it's like a little savings account that cashes out at Tax Time, and since it's that time again, I'm sitting here trying to decide what to spend it on already! Contemplating the inevitable monetary transaction!!!

Bills? Ha Ha! What fun would that be? :roflol:Retirement? But I'm gonna live forever! ;)A new GUN? Now were talking! B)

Well, there's this guy on my team who keeps telling me I should shoot SS, and I keep saying but I don't own a SS gun. And he's like "so buy one". And I'm like can't I just load 8 rds in my 2011 and we call it SS? Uhhhh ... no. So with this being the 100th anniversary of the 1911 and all, and my gunsmith who is really really into 1911's, I would love to have him build me a fully custom built 1911. Just to have something I could shoot in a SS only match or Nationals or whatever. I may suck at it. I may never shoot it as good as, or love it as much as my race gun. But I can't believe I don't own one. Corey you got thru to me. After I watched that video of old interviews I just thought "Why not?" I will have to get a 1911 sometime in 2011. :cheers:

So when you get done giving your great Uncle Sam his half, what are you blowing your wad on?

I am personally no fun and have the following planned for mine (or pay on what we have already spent!): a few magazines, some ammo, a new clothes dryer (replacement for our old dead one) and pay down some debt.

Edited by Firetoad

I just met with my tax guy last week, and he called me today to say he's done and told me what my refund was going to be! I know, I know .... it's my own money I'm getting back ... and they've been holding it hostage all year long. Been there, done that speech.

I'm just terrible when it comes to saving up for anything, so for me it's like a little savings account that cashes out at Tax Time, and since it's that time again, I'm sitting here trying to decide what to spend it on already! Contemplating the inevitable monetary transaction!!!

Bills? Ha Ha! What fun would that be? :roflol:Retirement? But I'm gonna live forever! ;)A new GUN? Now were talking! B)

Well, there's this guy on my team who keeps telling me I should shoot SS, and I keep saying but I don't own a SS gun. And he's like "so buy one". And I'm like can't I just load 8 rds in my 2011 and we call it SS? Uhhhh ... no. So with this being the 100th anniversary of the 1911 and all, and my gunsmith who is really really into 1911's, I would love to have him build me a fully custom built 1911. Just to have something I could shoot in a SS only match or Nationals or whatever. I may suck at it. I may never shoot it as good as, or love it as much as my race gun. But I can't believe I don't own one. Corey you got thru to me. After I watched that video of old interviews I just thought "Why not?" I will have to get a 1911 sometime in 2011. :cheers:

So when you get done giving your great Uncle Sam his half, what are you blowing your wad on?

I expect yours and MIcah's ap to be in the same envelope shortly! :cheers:

I live like no one else, so no debt, very few bills, all the extra money goes to guns, airplanes, and retirement funds. :cheers:

All of our loans are paid off. Still have two kids to claim, but will end up paying around 31k. The boss has her own business and we both get to pay in. I think about the taxes every time I'm in line and someone is buying snacks and single bottles of pop with a link card. A person would not want to buy good food for those kids or at least buy the pop by the twelve pack or case. :wacko:

Withholding is the biggest scam ever perpetrated by our government. If everybody had to actually write out checks and mail them to the IRS like I do every quarter, and again on April 15, I believe the taxpayers would be much more willing to hold our elected officials accountable for how our money gets spent.