Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 Memphis Charity Challenge

Thanks hopalong, thats the kind of answer I was looking for, well not really, since I have a 8 shooter. Thanks,and just to confirm my understanding, the prize table is for the USPSA revolver class only, not revolver in prodution, revolver in open class, etc. no need to clarify unless thats wrong. This question was also only to clarify this particular match, which was why I didn't post it in another catagory. See you all there.

I'm over in St Pete. If you need a 6 shooter, let me know and I'll get you one.

Cliff

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JFlowers is trying to talk me into this, the meanie!

Have you thought about sending out the shirts early? That way someone could keep it as motivation.

Has Ruger come back with any answer? I'm basically shooting a borrowed M28 and probably should get my own at some point in time. My wife, who is not a competition shooter, tried the M28 and prefers Revo to semi for home defense. If Ruger came out with something I'd be seriously tempted!

Is there any need for RO Lackey support?

Leam

Leam, Leam..... quit whining and send in the app! You know you want to. Don't make me drive down the the twilight zone of Georgia and hold your hand while you fill it out.

Ask Blueridge about using a Ruger,

JFlowers is trying to talk me into this, the meanie!

Have you thought about sending out the shirts early? That way someone could keep it as motivation.

Has Ruger come back with any answer? I'm basically shooting a borrowed M28 and probably should get my own at some point in time. My wife, who is not a competition shooter, tried the M28 and prefers Revo to semi for home defense. If Ruger came out with something I'd be seriously tempted!

Is there any need for RO Lackey support?

Leam

Leam, Leam..... quit whining and send in the app! You know you want to. Don't make me drive down the the twilight zone of Georgia and hold your hand while you fill it out.

Ask Blueridge about using a Ruger,

Leam,

I use a Ruger Super Redhawk Alaskan (.454/.45) loaded with .45 Colt. I have used this revolver in USPSA, IDPA, and Steel Challenge. I am not saying that it is the best option for competition, but I enjoy using it in competition. I have seen a number of shooters use a GP100 in competition with very good success. If I was just interested in solely using the best Ruger revolver for competition the GP100 would be my choice, and I would have it cut for moonclips. My backup revolver is a Ruger Redhawk in .45 Colt, but I have yet to need it for competition. I use speedloaders with currently, and have used HKS primarily while recently I have had the opportunity to use SL Variant speedloaders with good success (I am still getting used to them).

Cliff is always up to "lend" his shooter to anyone intrested. :surprise:

Anyone can handle my piece, just ask.

Once or twice during the South Carolina State match "after party," he made an offer before anyone asked . . .

Just saying what a generous guy he is . . .

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Columbia SC

Well I sent off my application for the match. This will be my third attempt to vie for the "speedloader" category top honor. Hopefully this year's attempt will not be as bad as my previous two. <_< Okay, I did not do bad per se, but I was not running with my speedloader competition as weel as I would have liked. :blush:

Thanks for your entry Blueridge......The rest of you. I could use some more entries. There are things I need to order and have $$$$ on hand to get to give you a good match...........

Still debating on the prize table, we'll see.

Hop

Thanks for your entry Blueridge......The rest of you. I could use some more entries. There are things I need to order and have $$$$ on hand to get to give you a good match...........

Still debating on the prize table, we'll see.

Hop

Yeah - my mailbox has been too empty lately. Help me out. :-)

The veneralbe Paul Hernandez will be this years Range Master. Gary Stevens who has done a WONDERFUL job the last 2 years has decided to take a little time for himself this year. Thanks to both of these two gentlemen for thier hard work and dedication to the sport and the Memphis Charity Challenge particularly.

Stages close to getting finished and turned in to USPSA for approval. :cheers:

You'll like them, as well or better than the previous matches.

Hopalong

Cliff is always up to "lend" his shooter to anyone intrested. :surprise:

Anyone can handle my piece, just ask.

Once or twice during the South Carolina State match "after party," he made an offer before anyone asked . . .

Just saying what a generous guy he is . . .

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Columbia SC

Make sure it's pointed in a safe direction. Rumor is it has a hair trigger! :devil:

• 2 weeks later...

Sam - Thanks for donating an entry to the Memphis Charity Challenge at the recent IRC. I kept my fingers crossed that package would still be available by the time my name was called, and luck was with me! Last year's match was great, looking forward to seeing you again this fall. John

• 1 month later...

Hotel changing, finalizing details. Will be posting shortly. ;)

New entry forms being approved by LeBohneur, when approved I'll post them here, and on the new website www.memphischaritychallenge.com (brand new with no Info on it now)

Hopalong

• 3 weeks later...

Matt, are you doing a class on Friday?

Sam, where are we at with the new apps?

I've been shooting 1911 this year - when I've had a chance - but I need to get back to the wheel and this is a good reason to do that - like you really need a reason to shoot a wheelgun :cheers:

Jerry