Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 Memphis Charity Challenge

Transportation set, Hotel reserved now just have to send in the app.

Anyone want to meet up Friday Night somewhere?

Corkys has been it the last 2 years, anyone tried Marlowes?

Never been there, but it's down the road from Graceland.

Any other ideas?

Dave

Down the road from Graceland? At night? You looking to get some practice in the night before?

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

App in the mail today. Is anyone organizing a match shirt? I'd like another Techwear with a revo logo.

Paul

Right now, there is not a match shirt. When I talked with Sam on this subject, he said that we didn't get very many orders last year and so he wasn't doing them this year.

Now things could have changed, but given the lead time to get shirts, I don't think so.....I will however follow back up with Sam to reconfirm.

Up to 37, although one shows up as Single-Stack. (WTF with that.) Where are the rest of you? This is the premier (sp) Revolver match for USPSA!

Can I shoot my 1911 as a revolver if I only load 6 rounds in each mag? rolleyes.gif

Up to 37, although one shows up as Single-Stack. (WTF with that.) Where are the rest of you? This is the premier (sp) Revolver match for USPSA!

Can I shoot my 1911 as a revolver if I only load 6 rounds in each mag? rolleyes.gif

Funny you say that Barry - for the first year, Sam was considering letting folks shoot non-revolvers. And in my case, he said I could shoot my limited gun by only have 6 rounds maximum in the gun. But after some thought, he nixed that idea and forced me to shoot the round gun.

Barry,

Sam does allow bottom feeders at this match, Other types of USPSA approved handguns will be allowed, but only revolvers will be recognized at the prize table.

I thought I had previously answered this one, but must have done so in a different thread for this match, and I know Sam chimed in on this topic as well.....

First and foremost is that this is a charity match benefiting the LeBonheur Children's Hospital. Therefore, we don't want to discourage anything that will reduce our ability to donate the biggest check to them.

However, the original intent of this match is for it to be a revolver-only. And so Sam doesn't want to give a blanket approval to allow any gun to be shot in the match as he fears that doing so will take away from the intent of the match. For that reason you will see some non-revolver shooters.....but we just ask to try and shoot a revolver if at all possible.

And don't worry if you feel you will not be "very competitive" with a revolver. There are actually two matches going on in this one match (and arguably three). The first match consists of those people that REALLY know how to shoot a revolver. The second match is everyone else laughing their ass off while watching folks like me TRY to shoot a revolver.

And I guess the third match is simply listening to Blueridge shoot his 50 cal....but then again, you don't necessarily have to travel to Memphis to hear that thing go off.

I thought I had previously answered this one, but must have done so in a different thread for this match, and I know Sam chimed in on this topic as well.....

Honest, I knew that. It wasn't a serious question. Hence the emoticon.

BB

Honest, I knew that. It wasn't a serious question. Hence the emoticon.

BB

....and that is why I answered how I did originally. Then I got to looking and I could not find where Sam and I addressed that point earlier, and so I wanted to repost just in case others had the same question.

And don't worry if you feel you will not be "very competitive" with a revolver. There are actually two matches going on in this one match (and arguably three). The first match consists of those people that REALLY know how to shoot a revolver. The second match is everyone else laughing their ass off while watching folks like me TRY to shoot a revolver. (This is from a previous post by Brad G.)

Brad, you are fast with a revolver, trust me. You do however need to work on your reloads. :roflol:

Edited by Bwana Six-Gun

And don't worry if you feel you will not be "very competitive" with a revolver. There are actually two matches going on in this one match (and arguably three). The first match consists of those people that REALLY know how to shoot a revolver. The second match is everyone else laughing their ass off while watching folks like me TRY to shoot a revolver.

Hey, I resemble that remark. Actually I'm the very definition! I'm going to try to make this one, but it'll be about a week before I know for sure. I'm C class in Limited and Production, D in SS, but only because I got classified in a "classifier match" and my gun malf'd on about all 4 of the classifier stages. :angry: I've shot within 0.5% of a B class classifier with my limited gun once :goof: , but I'm getting my a$$ kicked by the revo. Just checked and I still haven't got my D letter. :(

So if I can make it, you guys are in for some 1st class entertainment. Just ask Bubber and No. 343. That's if you can find them, they witnessed the horror and I haven't heard from them since.... :roflol:

And don't worry if you feel you will not be "very competitive" with a revolver. There are actually two matches going on in this one match (and arguably three). The first match consists of those people that REALLY know how to shoot a revolver. The second match is everyone else laughing their ass off while watching folks like me TRY to shoot a revolver. (This is from a previous post by Brad G.)

Brad, you are fast with a revolver, trust me. You do however need to work on your reloads. :roflol:

That is why I have been trying to convince Sam to run just 6-round stages. :rolleyes:

First and foremost is that this is a charity match benefiting the LeBonheur Children's Hospital. Therefore, we don't want to discourage anything that will reduce our ability to donate the biggest check to them.

However, the original intent of this match is for it to be a revolver-only. And so Sam doesn't want to give a blanket approval to allow any gun to be shot in the match as he fears that doing so will take away from the intent of the match. For that reason you will see some non-revolver shooters.....but we just ask to try and shoot a revolver if at all possible.

And I guess the third match is simply listening to Blueridge shoot his 50 cal....but then again, you don't necessarily have to travel to Memphis to hear that thing go off.

I am glad that I can bring some value to the match. :lol: Somebody has to uphold the honor of the .45 Colt cartridge. :cheers:

I have seen and shot with Blueridge and pasted his shots,even with big bullets one paster will do on twwo holes,I think he shoots a target and then shoots at the hole he just made.. :roflol: got to mail my app .