Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 Memphis Charity Challenge

I have seen and shot with Blueridge and pasted his shots,even with big bullets one paster will do on twwo holes,I think he shoots a target and then shoots at the hole he just made.. :roflol: got to mail my app .

Thanks for the support. :) Now I have to shoot well to live up to the praise. :blush:

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still sitting at 37. I hope this because Brad is behind in the processing and not for a lack of entries.

37 days and a wake-up.

Sent in my ap this morning, expect my brother Bill to send in his next week. Looking forward to seeing everybody in November

Jon

I have seen and shot with Blueridge and pasted his shots,even with big bullets one paster will do on twwo holes,I think he shoots a target and then shoots at the hole he just made.. :roflol: got to mail my app .

Thanks for the support. :) Now I have to shoot well to live up to the praise. :blush:

I'll be there to watch you,,my app went in this morning,,,

Up to 41, that matches the pre-registration for Magnolia R & P monthly match this sunday. I know we can do better.

Let's get those registrations in to sam and brad.

Where are the rest of the Cajuns?

Where are those brave Alabama shooters who take an a$$-whooping so well?

36 and a wake-up!

Edited by Bwana Six-Gun

Here's the address of the one we were at last year:

Corky's Cordova*

1740 N. Germantown Pkwy

Cordova, TN 38018 • (901) 737-1988

Sun - Thurs 10:45am - 9:30pm • Fri, Sat 10:45am - 10pm

*Private Dining Room available

Looks to be 4 miles north of the match hotel.

Dave

OK. Hotel is set. Travel arrangements in order. Ammunition loaded. Two more for Corky's.

All we need now are about another 30 revolver shooters to get to the magic number of 80.

What is so special about 80 shooters, you ask?

Well, at 80 registered revolver shooters, Bob Perdue [North Mountain] is putting a S&W Model 500 up for grabs. :bow::cheers::bow:

Those of you who attended last year know that I managed to snag a Springfield Arms XD-40 as a result of Sam Keen's prize distribution scheme. :ph34r:

Needless to say, I appreciated the opportunity to acquire this bottom-feeder pistol, and I've been shooting it as a second gun in club matches in the Pittsburgh area. That S&W 500 could be the next step up in firepower from Blueridge's 45 Colt at a USPSA match. With a S&W 500 on the table for incentive, who knows what accuracy and speed I could bring to this match. [in my dreams! :roflol: ]

As for shooting the 500 in a match, it would first have to be declared legal to engage steel targets using the .500 cartridges. And even then, I don't believe that the S&W 500 would be legal for competition in revolver division, as the barrel is ported to 'somewhat' control muzzle flip.

Shooting Strong Hand Only or Weak Hand Only would be another handicap. Wearing a hard hat during competition would be smart, to avoid knocking yourself out when the muzzle hits you on the top of the head four or five times each stage.

And you would have the added handicap of only 5 shells in the cylinder. I don't believe moonclips or speedloaders are readily available at this time.

There is also the weight handicap of having to carry around 40 to 50 rounds of the ammunition on a stage, although I'm sure Bob Perdue will design a special North Mountain holder to take care of that problem.

Anyway, the match is less than 5 weeks away, so get those applications coming in.

And you would have the added handicap of only 5 shells in the cylinder. I don't believe moonclips or speedloaders are readily available at this time.

There is also the weight handicap of having to carry around 40 to 50 rounds of the ammunition on a stage, although I'm sure Bob Perdue will design a special North Mountain holder to take care of that problem.

I think TK machines the cylinder and also provides moon clips. There are already some NM moon clip holders out there made for the 500.

OK here is the deal !!!!

Late fees Waived !!! :cheers::cheers:

Since I was not elected President of USPSA (Thanks to all who did vote for me) I'm going to take the numbers from the first 3 matches to the next President and see IF we can make the Memphis Charity Challenge the OFFICIAL USPSA REVOLVER NATIONALS :):):)

SO get out there and call, push, pull, or whatever you need to do to get more people to show up and shoot.

We've got some good stuff for the prize table. Guns are going by Random drawing. but I've been working so it will not be a very extensive prize table compared to the last 2 matches. (we're not here for the prize table anyway right!!!!)

Some of the Sponsors in NO particular order:

North Mountain

Springfield

Precision Delta Bullets

MGM Targets

Shooters Connection

CPWSA

TK custom Moonclips

Techwear (pending, Bobs @ World Shoot)

Personal donations from other shooters

Thanks to all who have donated.

The MGM donations will be auctioned as usual with some other products, Please bring some $$$$ for that. We'll be raffling off a couple of guns (at least 1 M1a) so bring some $$$$ for that too. ;)

We have some typical MCC stages for you........FUN 237 rounds IF you don't make up a shot ect. ect. and so forth.

POLISH PLATE RACK WILL BE ON HAND !!!!! :sight::sight::sight::sight:

Let's get the numbers up so we can have our own USPSA NATIONALS !!!

Hopalong

Finally got my hotel reserved today. FYI the block of rooms for the match is full, but the very sweet lady who was helping me still gave me the match rate! :cheers:

Now to get ammo loaded for the new gun. Found a 625 finally, found 2 5" 625's. :surprise:

Last count from above post 4 days ago had us at 53. Have we grown anymore?

Come on guys & gals , knock the dust of that old revo you have in the safe and come out and play. Let's make some history and have over 80 entries :cheers: