Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 Memphis Charity Challenge

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those that haven't seen the Shooting USA show featuring the Charity Match, you should watch it - very good segment and shows a large part of the reason we put this match on.

And something else that I cannot remember if we have really advertised a lot of......for the past two years we have been VERY fortunate to get several of the Revolver GM shooters to shoot this match (Jerry Miculek, Matt Griffin, Rich Wolfe, Johnny Brister (Mr 6-time GM), Cliff Walsh (our next Top Shot), John Bagakis, and Elliot Aysen - to name a few). Now why am I name dropping here - because we do not have Super Squads at this match and try to put these GM's on each squad so that folks can not only see a top revolver shooter but actually learn from them.

I am a GM Open shooter (when I practice that is) and I still struggled some trying to break down stages and actually shoot a revolver. And these GM's were helping me out considerably. Better said - these guys were WANTING to help everyone in their squad. So if a GM like me can learn something, I am sure C and B-class folks will definitely learn something. And how many times can you say that when you show up to a match that you get the opportunity to shoot with one of the top shooters in the sport?

Just something to think about. :-)

Watch the show and you get to see a great shot of Blueridge's back!

Looking forward to seeing my wheelgunning friends again this year. I missed last year due to work and I am not planning on missing this year.

Blueridge and the Alaskan got as much camera time as everything else, save the Polish Plate Rack. Glad to see the biggest roundgun match getting some attention. Will the Friday night dinner continue this year?

Paul

Blueridge and the Alaskan got as much camera time as everything else, save the Polish Plate Rack. Glad to see the biggest roundgun match getting some attention. Will the Friday night dinner continue this year?

Paul

I hope that I looked respectable while I was shooting. :blush: I wanted to see the segment before, and now I have to see it (and somehow get a copy of it). I look forward to bringing my Alaskan back and shooting the match again this year. It must have been the black and white striped shirt (Newcastle United FC Jersey)that gave me away.

Nah, not the shirt, Blueridge. You are pretty recognizable to those who know you. Plus they did show the massive snubnose you were taking potshots with.

I just saw the promo for the episode, and caught a glimpse of myself. I am surprised that I made it on the episode, but i am glad that I did. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Sam & Brad,

Just looking at the reports on the river flooding, and sections of Memphis being evacuated.

"Batten down the hatches", 'n all that. I figure the club is going to get hit yet again.

Good luck. :(

Edited by professor

I'm in!!! This will be my first one and Look forward to meeting a few on the club. Maybe if the coordinators made up some name badges,like those at a business conference with everyones screen name or alias. Wood be great to match face to name. see all there.

BTW,can you shoot an 8-shooter? How does the class work for the match? Can I shoot 8 shot revolver in production or open, and if so does this eliminate me since the revolver class is revolvers only with 6 shots and and 8 shot would throw me into a class shared with autos? I know I can shoot only six and still be in the revolver only class. But, will an extra shot put me out of the prizes even though I'm using a revolver?

Iora,

You can shoot an 8-shooter in USPSA Revo but have to reload after every 6. You could declare yourself in Production, Limited 10, or Limited and shoot the 8-shooter all day as an 8 shooter. I would think the only difference in Production and Limited 10 would be the placement of gear, but I would need to look at the rules to be sure.

Anyway, come shoot in November.

Having had the honor of being in the presence of my hero, Otis, this weekend at SC Section, I can not miss this match. Now that I've proven that you can go down a little in skill, I'm proud to say that as soon as USPSA recognizes "E" class in revo, I got this!!!!

Iora,

Yes you may shoot your 8 shot in the revolver division, but if you shoot shot number 7 before reloading(and the ROs catch you, even by accident) you will then be moved to OPEN which is not recognized for the prize table.

Hop

Thanks hopalong, thats the kind of answer I was looking for, well not really, since I have a 8 shooter. Thanks,and just to confirm my understanding, the prize table is for the USPSA revolver class only, not revolver in prodution, revolver in open class, etc. no need to clarify unless thats wrong. This question was also only to clarify this particular match, which was why I didn't post it in another catagory. See you all there.

I guess I have missed it ,but is there a --map--of how to get to the range,,hope I can make it this year,,I know it will be my birthday present to ME!!

Yes there is a map. It is on the club website.

www.memphis-ssa.com

Click on the practicle pistol link on the left.

Hop

It has been sent to me,,thanks ak47,,long drive but I hope to be there.

Yes there is a map. It is on the club website.

www.memphis-ssa.com

Click on the practicle pistol link on the left.

Hop

It has been sent to me,,thanks ak47,,long drive but I hope to be there.

made the drive twice myself, and it was worth it both times. :)

I have made it twice also, 754 miles house to hotel. Worth the trip and worth 10x the money. Its a great cause and match and shooters are priceless. :cheers: Shooting with nothing but wheelgunners is the hightlight of the year.