Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 Memphis Charity Challenge

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually I'd kind of like the idea of a .40 S&W Ruger GP100 or something similar, but then RN bullets are hard to find for a .40.

Yep the .45 has so many logistical pluses it's hard to not want one.

Kind of the chicken or the egg, not much need to make a Revo with little demand and no demand if there's no compelling interest.

Until we have a big circuit or a populus movement towards a Revo (by the non shooting masses) there will be little new firearm entries and that leaves S&W with a lock and no reason to expand its activities in that area. Marketing always trumps desire.

NOTE: It's the OPEN/LIMITED 10/REVOLVER Nationals this year.

Round nose .40 bullets just got easier. Billy's is now carrying 180gr and 200gr RN .40 bullets. I was buying 200gr RN lead from Chercast Bullet sand having Rudy size/lube them. You can get 180gr RN plated bullets at Berry's Bullets.

Missed it last year after shooting it year one. This year I'll be living in state. I'm taking my wife down to TN on March 1st. Don't know if I'll be any closer though. Johnson City is a long way away.

off topic but is there any place to shoot around Johnson City? I might be there in July to visit my sister

There is a place in Greenville just a little South of Johnson City.

Now back on the topic !!!!!

Every one has the date, now lets get those entries in !!!!! (once I get them out to you) :devil:

Hop

At this rate you'll have the 2012 app on the table at the 2011 sign-in. Never let it be said that Sam can't market!

Matt

• 2 weeks later...

Alright everyone, now that the apps are out its time to start cajoling, enticing, threatening, shaming, harassing, and otherwise taking steps to make sure that everyone you know with a wheelgun shows up. Lets pick a number and push for it. So what are we all willing to commit to? 90? 100?

• 2 weeks later...

OK, I've been trying to make this since the inception and haven't yet so I feel I've let you guys down.... just got it checked out with my calendar (wife) and right now it looks good to go. I'm going to shoot this one Sat then head back to Little Rock for the Hilbilly Classic on Sunday.... full weekend huh :)

• 3 weeks later...

That seals it - if Matt is going, I'm in.

Sam, I'll try to drag along a couple locals with me.

Craig

Great Craig, you going loader or mooncliped??? I have Rogaine.... :)

Edited by CDPMatt

Bones,

That is great.

I received the ordered 2010 MCC techwear shirts, but I'm in North Carolina working. WIll send them ASAP.

HOP

Yea!!!! :cheers:

I have been looking forward to getting my Techwear shirt since the last MCC. :)

• 3 weeks later...

OK I have read all that has been said and since I am a "new" wheel gun shooter(?). If it is as much fun with one or two revolvers I can not dream with all revolver shooters. Hey all you regulars need someone to take last spot. But I am warning you I will have a great time.

I usually just jump in wherever I can, as all of the squads will be fun to shoot with. It is a hoot to shoot in a match that has 98%+ revolver shooters. You cannot go wrong with whatever squad you end up in. I have been fortunate to compete in both of the MCC matches so far, and hope to make many more. :D

6-shooter,

Welcome, and the key to this match is "have fun, be safe". Everything else is secondary. ;)

It'll be more fun you've ever had with a revolver.

See you then, bring another with you. You'll see some shooters you'll never see with a revolver in their hands when you'll see them at this match.

Hopalong