Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 Memphis Charity Challenge

Matt, are you doing a class on Friday?

Sam, where are we at with the new apps?

I've been shooting 1911 this year - when I've had a chance - but I need to get back to the wheel and this is a good reason to do that - like you really need a reason to shoot a wheelgun :cheers:

Jerry

I'm still enjoying the SL Variant Speedloader that you were kind enough to lend me. :)

Now I am going to have to get some of my own (As soon as they become available again) <_<

I'll be at the MCC and give them back to you after the match. Ok?

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Matt, are you doing a class on Friday?

Sam, where are we at with the new apps?

I've been shooting 1911 this year - when I've had a chance - but I need to get back to the wheel and this is a good reason to do that - like you really need a reason to shoot a wheelgun :cheers:

Jerry

I'm still enjoying the SL Variant Speedloader that you were kind enough to lend me. :)

Now I am going to have to get some of my own (As soon as they become available again) <_<

I'll be at the MCC and give them back to you after the match. Ok?

No problem Bob!. I'm glad you're getting them broken in for me :D

This year in conjunction with the 2011 Memphis Charity Challenge we will be holding a drawing for a new Springfield Armory Standard M1A rifle. The tickets are $10 each or 6 for $50, the drawing will be held on November 5th following the match. You don't need to be shoot the match or be present to win.

Attached is the raffel ticket order form

Let's all get out there and support LeBohneur Children's Hospital and the Memphis Charity Challenge

2011 Memphis Charity Challenge drawing.doc

Edited by Stage 3

i can't afford area 2 and i can't shoot any majors in oct.

subscribed. :devil:

one question though - i am M in pro and A in lim/lim10... old entry form says highest other than revo... will i be slapped in with the rest of the Ms? never shot a revo before (literally) haha

Welcome to the club of Revolver M's that shoot like I should be in G class (D-class would be a major promotion for me).

This is a Level II match, so you will shoot your classification - that is how I have scored all of the previous matches. The good news is that after this match, you will have two classifier scores.

Will tickets be available the day of the match?

I can say with almost certainty that there will be tickets available at the match for a rifle.

So bring your money, bring your revolver, and bring your cameras......so you can video me if you ever need a good laugh later.

for folks like me there should be an extra class, F for FAILBOAT :cheers:

......or just "F"unny to watch. Last year Sam put up steel plates just in front of targets that were out about 35 - 40 yards. I knew the revolver I was using shot a little right for me, I just didn't know how far right at that distance. Well, out of my six shots, I hit the steel plates with 5 shots in good rhythm. Within seconds after I got done, Gary Stevens walked over to the stage and asked if it was 5 o'clock.

......so get ready for humor. :-)

Along with what Brad is saying. The "highest classification other than revolver" thing is just a little bit of curiousity on my part. Also the match hotel is new. Built last year and just as close as the other one, just tell them you are reserving a room for the Memphis Charity Challenge for the rate we've bargained for.

As Bill said, we are raffing an M1a. We will also be auctioning some other stuff off because some of the sponsors want it that way (MGM has done this in the past, and is a great way to get some of thier great stuff). So bring some extra cool cash and we'll raise some money for LeBohneur. (the next kid there may be kin to you, you never know).

Hop

Oh, and were still talking with the Board of directors about Matts class.

Guys, it looks like the class won't happen as I will be using all of my vacation time to go to the World Shoot. I'm sorry to disappoint on this, as I would really like to start teaching, but this is a rare opportunity for me. I'll still be at the match, and Lord knows I'm free with my opinions if you have a question.

Thanks,

Matt

• 2 weeks later...

Hop - Don't forget to add Michael to the squad to shoot Friday. We both sent in apps, but he never received a confirmation.

Looking forward to a great match again this year.

Thank you and Elizabeth and all others who make this happen.

Cheryl

Hotel changing, finalizing details. Will be posting shortly. ;)

New entry forms being approved by LeBohneur, when approved I'll post them here, and on the new website www.memphischaritychallenge.com (brand new with no Info on it now)

Hopalong

Is there a match rate for the match hotel? I'm coming up $127 per.

Edited by underlug

Hop - Don't forget to add Michael to the squad to shoot Friday. We both sent in apps, but he never received a confirmation.

Looking forward to a great match again this year.

Thank you and Elizabeth and all others who make this happen.

Cheryl

Sorry Cheryl, I clicked on the wrong "Michael" when I was doing his registration. He should have had the confirmation by now as I corrected it last week.

Hotel changing, finalizing details. Will be posting shortly. ;)

New entry forms being approved by LeBohneur, when approved I'll post them here, and on the new website www.memphischaritychallenge.com (brand new with no Info on it now)

Hopalong

Is there a match rate for the match hotel? I'm coming up $127 per.

Just confirmed with Holiday Inn, the match hotel is priced at the same level as last year (should be about $89). Also, they stated that the group code to use if booking online was "SKS." However, when I tried using that code, I got an error. So not sure if that is a timing issue or a real problem. I will call back in a day or two to check again as I think they may have just set up the code.

Regardless - those rates and "SKS" code are ONLY good for a Nov 4 check-in and a Nov 6 check-out. If you need the room an additional night (3rd or the 7th), you will need to make a 2nd reservation for that specific night and then when you actually do check-in inform the desk of your double-reservation.

As a side note - Sam is somewhat computerless at the moment and thus could be tough to get for a while. If you have any questions or concerns, relay them to me and if I cannot answer, I will chase down Sam for you.

My contact info is:

brad.griffin@gmail.com

615-415-0099 or 901-619-1125

Edited by moverfive

And to add a little incentive to the equation......not only are we raffling off a M1A rifle (for which ANYBODY can participate), there will be a "surprise" raffle that will be lucrative as well. And ONLY competitors and staff can participate in this particular raffle.

So if you have been thinking about coming to this match, quit thinking and send me your app!!!! :rolleyes:

Hi Folks !!!!

Actually had a few minutes so here goes.

I'm a little tied up right now....(working 7 days a week, 10+ hrs a day) so not much has been done on my part towards the match.

What can be done on ya'lls part ???????

Send entries in to Brad so we can get a handle on how many are coming.

Also start a roll call here on BE and talk it up with others.

Last years challenge was for everyone to "bring one more" and it was too big a challenge since most didn't "Bring one more" and our total entries actually dropped from the 1st year by 6.

This years challenge........."Break the 80 mark"

Remember....we are raffeling a Standard Springfield M1a rifle (Walnut stock) with those tickes available now (go to official website) www.memphischaritychallenge.com for more info.

We are also going to raffell a really neat goodie anyone would love to take home (Thanks Springfield) that will be available only to match participants and staff at the match on Saturday.

All the gun sponsors so far have specified that thier guns are to given out randomly.........so there you are...Sorry Mike, you can complain to them this year. ;)

I'm behind on prize table gathering, I could use any and all help for donations to the prize table like in the past, we (MCC) only ask for donations, and spend ZERO dollars on the prize table.

Sierra Bullets have sent a gift Certificate for $500 worth of their merchandise. I've contacted others but can't get back in touch with them because of being gone, and home computer illnesses.

Final stage drawings are soon to be sent to USPSA for that blessing.

The match will happen, if 20 show up to shoot or 220.

Good luck to all going to USPSA revo/open/l-10 , and Production/Limited Nationals. World shoot competitors and espescially the Revolver team.

See ya'll in November, bring a few exta $$$$$$ as we'll be auctioning off some goodies again.

Sam

Awesome cause + awesome match + amd a day spent with the most awesome USPSA division = THE best time anyone could ask for.

Four from MI will be making the trip down.

Looking forward to seeing you. Is Cheetah coming? How about that hot shooting daughter of yours, is she free from school to embarass me, or can I breath easy?

See you there.

Just confirmed - use SKS in the "Group Code" section to obtain the match rate at the hotel.

MEMPHIS/GERMANTOWN

7784 WOLF TRAIL COVE,

GERMANTOWN,TENNESSEE

901-309-6700

www.hiexpress.com

This particular hotel was recently built and if this Holiday Inn Express is similar to the new one I recently stayed in - YOU WILL LIKE IT!!!

I'm tweaking my reloads in preparation for the match (they MIGHT be a little louder this year). :lol: I intend to have as much fun as safely possible at the match. I'll have to remember to bring some "supplemental" money so that I can bid on some of the items that will be auctioned off. Maybe I'll even win an auction for something. Has anyone started discussing a get together dinner for Friday night yet? :unsure:

My application is in, I have reserved my hotel room, and I'm getting together all the gear that I will need. I am considering staying Sunday for the MSSA monthly match and shooting production division (maybe even with my revolver). :goof:

Edited by Blueridge