Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 Memphis Charity Challenge

I wanted to share a story with all of you so here goes.

One of the range officers was involved in a car accident the Thursday before the match. (unknown to me until Friday PM)

He was driving a Tahoe/Suburban type and was hit between the driver door and the back seat door by a Nissan Altima type car.

He had in the vehicle with him his wife (Passenger front) his daughter (right behind him) and 3 of her friends (all in the back seet with his daughter. They had been out for dinner and were headed home (my take of the story).

One of his daughters friends was airlifted to LeBohneur hospital with head injuries and still unconsious. All others were treated and released from the local hospital. The girl flown to LeBohneur came around and was released on Saturday.

When he told me the story I told him to stay home and recouperate. He told me that there was no way he'd miss working the match because of who we're supporting.

Co-incedence ? don't know, don't care. I'm glad we can help someones sick/hurt child while gathering and doing something we all enjoy ! :excl:

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh yeah,

All comments/criticism welcome so WE can make the 2012 MCC better (good and bad welcome)

Thanks again !!!!

Hopalong

OH yeah,,no more weak hand strong shooting,,

Whatta ya mean, no strong or weak hand shooting? That turned out to be my highest stage finish of the match, placing 9th out of the 70 revolver shooters and beating 3 of the 4 shooters in the other divisions!

Rule 1.1.6 - Difficulty – USPSA matches present varied degrees of difficulty. No

shooting challenge or time limit may be appealed as being prohibitive.

Oh yeah,

All comments/criticism welcome so WE can make the 2012 MCC better (good and bad welcome)

Thanks again !!!!

Hopalong

While that was my least favorite stage in the match, <_< it was also the one that I did the best at in the match. :surprise: I even managed to come in ahead of you somehow. :blink:

That said I have a dislike for shooting support hand only, but will face whatever challenges a match presents to me. :D

On another note as the past Memphis Charity Challenge Matches counted as a classifier along with the classifier stage, I expect that this one will also. :)

Edited by Blueridge

What happened to Robin in stage 10? Was it a wardrobe malfunction?

1. he dropped a speed loader

2. a couple of reloads, bullets were dropped.

3. he ran out of bullets at the end.

That was karma getting Cliff back for making jokes about my shooting a Ruger Alaskan with speedloaders. :P

All your "high speed" gear did not save you from the wheels falling off. :lol:

Edited by Blueridge

Oh yeah,

Thanks again !!!!

Hopalong

While that was my least favorite stage in the match, <_< it was also the one that I did the best at in the match. :surprise: I even managed to come in ahead of you somehow. :blink:

That said I have a dislike for shooting support hand only, but will face whatever challenges a match presents to me. :D

On another note as the past Memphis Charity Challenge Matches counted as a classifier along with the classifier stage, I expect that this one will also. :)

Blueridge,,any time you see a strong weak hand stage you can bet most everyone will come in ahead of me,,lol,,and if I get beat by you I get beat by a good MAN,,but I never fuss about it I just shoot, :sight:

• 3 weeks later...

First off, Sorry about taking so long to post my thoughts here but that's what happens when you leave your computer at home while on vacation.

Although this was my first MCC match I will definitely say that it will not be my last. This was the best match that I have been to in over 21 years of competing in this sport.

The entire match was very well run. All of the people involved in this match did an excellent job. THANK YOU!! It was great shooting with all of the people on my squad and I am looking forward to shooting with them again.

If any of you are ever in New Mexico, Let me know and I try my best to get together with you and perhaps shoot another match.

First off, Sorry about taking so long to post my thoughts here but that's what happens when you leave your computer at home while on vacation.

Although this was my first MCC match I will definitely say that it will not be my last. This was the best match that I have been to in over 21 years of competing in this sport.

The entire match was very well run. All of the people involved in this match did an excellent job. THANK YOU!! It was great shooting with all of the people on my squad and I am looking forward to shooting with them again.

If any of you are ever in New Mexico, Let me know and I try my best to get together with you and perhaps shoot another match.

It sounds like you swallowed the hook. See you next year. :cheers:

• 2 weeks later...

When might the classifier be posted from the match. Not that my performance was anything to write home about it. :blush:

I hope that along with the classifier stage that the whole match counts as a classifier also as with the first two years were. :unsure:

For everyone connected to the 2011 MCC a short "Thank You" massage from LeBonheur Children's Hospital. If you coming next year and want to tour the Hospital the Friday prior to the match let me know and I'll set it up.

Thanks to all.

Bill