Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 Memphis Charity Challenge

Well I have all the ammo that I may need (notice I did not say will need :rolleyes: ) and pretty much all of the other preparations in place. I wonder how many speedloader category participants there will be. :unsure:

As I am planning to shoot this match and the MSSA match the next day it will be a full weekend for me. I'll be using the Alaskan in both matches, but shooting in Production Division in the MSSA match on Sunday. I am going to try and see how many auto shooters I can finish ahead of on Sunday, and get my first production classifier in while I am at it. :P

That guy you will see Sunday ice skating uphill will be me. :D I hope that there will be a number of auto shooters coming in BEHIND me in the final results though. :lol:

I know Paul788 is shooting w/ speedloaders

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right now I only have 4 speedloaders registered. (3 Unclassified and 1 B)

For the entire match, I have 77 registered revolver shooters (with 3 registered for other non-recognized divisions). And that breakdown is:

GM 7 9%

M 7 9%

A 9 12%

B 24 31%

C 12 16%

D 3 4%

U 15 19%

Total 77 100%

Edited by moverfive

For the entire match, I have 77 registered revolver shooters (with 3 registered for other non-recognized divisions). And that breakdown is:

GM 7 9%

M 7 9%

A 9 12%

B 24 31%

C 12 16%

D 3 4%

U 15 19%

Total 77 100%

Uh, are you saying that there are only 4 in the speedloader category, with 3 being unclassified and 1 being B classified? If that is the case then I would be number 5 in speedloader, and I am C rated. With the requirement that at least 5 participants have to be in a category for it to be recognized it would be important were someone (in this case it looks like me) were overlooked.

I look forward to a very challenging and fun match, as the previous two have been.

GM 7 9%

M 7 9%

A 9 12%

B 24 31%

C 12 16%

D 3 4%

U 15 19%

Total 77 100%

Uh, are you saying that there are only 4 in the speedloader category, with 3 being unclassified and 1 being B classified? If that is the case then I would be number 5 in speedloader, and I am C rated. With the requirement that at least 5 participants have to be in a category for it to be recognized it would be important were someone (in this case it looks like me) were overlooked.

I look forward to a very challenging and fun match, as the previous two have been.

Hang in there Blueridge, There are two comming in with our group and both are classified so there should be at least two more. later rdd

GM 7 9%

M 7 9%

A 9 12%

B 24 31%

C 12 16%

D 3 4%

U 15 19%

Total 77 100%

Sounds like we need 3 more revolver shooters to make 80.

GM 7 9%

M 7 9%

A 9 12%

B 24 31%

C 12 16%

D 3 4%

U 15 19%

Total 77 100%

I was looking at the self-service match sqadding USPSA page: http://www.uspsa.org/squadding/index.php?action=list&indx=179 for those numbers

GM 7 9%

M 7 9%

A 9 12%

B 24 31%

C 12 16%

D 3 4%

U 15 19%

Total 77 100%

Paul788 is coming up from Augusta with me and I know he is B Class shooting with speedloaders and Minor PF

This weekend I found my 2 Speed-E-Rack's for the 686 six shot and swapped over from the .38 Super 8 shot Speed-E-Rack and adjusted the CR Speed from the 627 .38 Super 5 inch to the 686 .357 Mag 6 inch, took all four 686's to the range and sighted in the one who's rear sight came off after the last stage at last years MCC, and test fired all the others. Got all my gear together and as soon as polygraph class is over, I'm leaving Atlanta to Brandon, MS to switch vehicles and heading to Memphis. Should be at the hotel about 9pm. I'll bring the polygraph in case anyone wants to play Truth or Dare.

Edited by ScottW

That sucks Lynn, thanks for your hard work though! I had a similar accident the morning of the southern regional a couple of years back, then decided i could shoot and dqued on the last stage not a good day indeed!

GM 7 9%

M 7 9%

A 9 12%

B 24 31%

C 12 16%

D 3 4%

U 15 19%

Total 77 100%

Sorry about that.....in my stats file, I had a formula error as it related to Speedloaders' classification.

We currently only have 4 in that category (at least only 4 showing "speedloader" on their application) - 1 A, 1 B, 1 C, and 1 U.

But it sounds like we may just get over the recognition top in that category if some extra folks are coming or some just forgot to register in that category.

Who's the A speedloader shooter? I wanna be sure I poison the right guy Friday night at dinner.

Speaking of dinner, are we going to the BBQ joint again?

Paul

I am not sure if the individual from Maine, who won speedloader last year, wants me to divulge his name. :blink:

Edited by moverfive

i will have to pull out of the charity challenge because i have pneumonia and my dad is sick as well hope to shoot with everyone next year so that means bubber and jess c. get a pass this year! thanks sam for everything you do

thanks chris g. and john g.

Guys,

I was thinking about grabbing a plane ticket at the last minute to make a surprise appearance at the Memphis match, but it's not going to happen. It turns out I have VIP clients coming to visit my office next week, and so my wife and I are going to be spending the weekend painting and sprucing the place up.

Sam C. (who is now a freshman at the University of Iowa) won't be available to attend either.

We both wish all our friends the best of luck at the match! I'm certain it will be another great event.

Catch up with all of you somewhere in 2012.

Guys,

I was thinking about grabbing a plane ticket at the last minute to make a surprise appearance at the Memphis match, but it's not going to happen. It turns out I have VIP clients coming to visit my office next week, and so my wife and I are going to be spending the weekend painting and sprucing the place up.

Sam C. (who is now a freshman at the University of Iowa) won't be available to attend either.

We both wish all our friends the best of luck at the match! I'm certain it will be another great event.

I was wondering why I had not seen you and Sam show up on the registration list, but I know how work and school can interfere with having fun. Good Luck with your practice and hope to see you next year.

For everyone else, if weather.com is to be believed, we will have some great weather for the match.

Guys,

I'll save you some Dalmore...

.....no I won't.

i will have to pull out of the charity challenge because i have pneumonia and my dad is sick as well hope to shoot with everyone next year so that means bubber and jess c. get a pass this year! thanks sam for everything you do

thanks chris g. and john g.

Sorry to hear that y'all won't be making it. We'll miss having you there. Get well! :cheers:

Stages look GREAT !!!! :devil:

Lynns Thumb DOESNT !!!! :surprise:

Chance of rain Thursday. Friday lows in the 40s and high in the 50s. Saturday Lows in the low 40s HI in the low 60s....SUNNY!!!!!! :cheers::cheers::cheers:

RM Paul and I will be out on Thursday Proofing the stages. Friday will be go Bang @ 9:00 or later unless needed otherwise (David) Saturday will go Bang @ 8:00.

You can drop by the range anytime Friday and pick up your stickers and look at stages. Might want to watch some of the shooting too. ;)

Be careful driving. See ya'll this weekend.\

HOP

Who's the A speedloader shooter? I wanna be sure I poison the right guy Friday night at dinner.

Paul

I am not sure if the individual from Maine, who won speedloader last year, wants me to divulge his name. :blink:

For the record, MA = Massachusetts and ME = Maine

... and I'll eat before I get there.

Where's the love?

Craig

Chance of rain Thursday. Friday lows in the 40s and high in the 50s. Saturday Lows in the low 40s HI in the low 60s....SUNNY!!!!!! :cheers::cheers::cheers:

RM Paul and I will be out on Thursday Proofing the stages. Friday will be go Bang @ 9:00 or later unless needed otherwise (David) Saturday will go Bang @ 8:00.

You can drop by the range anytime Friday and pick up your stickers and look at stages. Might want to watch some of the shooting too. ;)

HOP

yeah, my thumb is not very pretty right now. the doc took my thumb nail off to stitch my thumb up. it only took seven, he had to reload, really!

cya saturday, i'll be RO'ing. :(

Paul

For the record, MA = Massachusetts and ME = Maine

... and I'll eat before I get there.

Where's the love?

Craig

Awwww.....There's a lot of love. It's just a love to beat you. :lol:

I personally aim for second place myself, because who ever heard of taking out the guy aiming for second place? :D That way if the guy in the lead happens to have a few bad stages first could end up coming as icing on the cake.

You could take a look at the revolver in my avatar that I use one of, and decide how much of a threat I am for first place in speedloader category. :blink:

Edited by Blueridge

HOP

RM Paul with a wheel gun?

Is this the Paul I know and Love :devil:

Whish I could be there friday to see that. I'll just have to look at the casulities when I get there!

I think I have one more shooter for the MCC! His 625 came in today, I did a quick chamfer on the cylender and we chrono'd his single stack ammo and and it works and makes PF. Only problem is he might be short some moonclips. He would not let me take the Dremel to his hammer. :angry2: I guess that will come with time.