Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 Memphis Charity Challenge

Here is the squad schedule for the match.....we will be posting on MCC's website too.

And so everyone doesn't forget - we still have tickets available for the raffle.

Remember that we will have two raffles (one for everyone and one for just those attending the match).

When does squad 16 shoot stages 9 and 10??? I feel so left out... :wacko:

Looking forward to next week!

the confused cajun,

Jon

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is the squad schedule for the match.....we will be posting on MCC's website too.

And so everyone doesn't forget - we still have tickets available for the raffle.

Remember that we will have two raffles (one for everyone and one for just those attending the match).

When does squad 16 shoot stages 9 and 10??? I feel so left out... :wacko:

Looking forward to next week!

the confused cajun,

Jon

Thank you!!!! I goofed up. I can never get a range that makes squadding easy. In this case, Sam told me that I can only have two squads on stages 7, 8, and 9. So I played with that restriction for about 1/2 hour last night......and obviously needed another 1/2 hour. The corrected version is posted.

Edited by moverfive

Since we are trying to hit the magic number of 80 shooters and I will have my two sons, Steven and Phillip aka Home Alone, with me that weekend, I may bring my two other moon clip 4 inch 686's and Speed E Racks and let them shoot with us. Let me check with them tonight and verify that they would like to shoot. Luckily I've got 2, 6 inch 686's, 2, 4inch and 3 of the 686's are cut for moon clips. I am wondering if the cylinder for one of the 4 inch 686's will fit in the 6 inch that is an original model 686 and the others are a Model 686-3, etc?

will someone look at the weather for match day,,I hope it's about 70 deg.that day and not 30,,burrrr

almost forgot I've got to load some bullets,,

Edited by EEH

I did some ciphering. The USPSA self squadding shows that we have 74 shooters entered as revolver competitors. The percentage per class breaks down like this:

GM - 9.4

M - 9.4

A - 12.2

B - 32.4

C - 17.6

D - 4.1

U - 14.9

Is this class distribution similar to other Level II or higher matches?

I did some ciphering. The USPSA self squadding shows that we have 74 shooters entered as revolver competitors. The percentage per class breaks down like this:

GM - 9.4

M - 9.4

A - 12.2

B - 32.4

C - 17.6

D - 4.1

U - 14.9

Is this class distribution similar to other Level II or higher matches?

Let me throw this "you must keep in mind" item while looking at all of this.....

This match has around 3x the typical number of revolver shooters than what you will see at other matches where all (most) divisions are recognized. And the number of folks with a revolver classification isn't as high as other divisions (or if they have one, it was sort obtained by default like my unearned M classification due to me being a GM in other divisions). So to compare the participation in this match against other Level 2 and higher matches may not give you a fair comparison.

And to some extent, outside of the previously discussed reasons, that is some of the reasons why Sam is hosting this match - to give those people that would like to shoot revolver but don't because they prefer to shoot where "most are competing." Then the secondary reason, Sam wants GM's in other divisions to shoot this match so that we will quickly remember what humble pie tastes like. :D

Match Hotel Update

I just heard that the rooms reserved for us at the match hotel have all been taken, so no match rate. I have a call to their sales folks to see if I can a few more rooms added, but am being told that the chances of that happening are small.

I just checked with our previous match hotel and they are showing rooms at $93 - $94 per night, about $5 higher than Holiday Inn. That is the hotel we are now recommending and their contact information is:

Wingate Hotel

2270 N. Germantown Pkwy

Memphis, TN 38016

Ph: 901-386-1110

www.wingateinns.com

You are correct moverfive, when I made reservations at Holiday Inn Express on Monday, I worked the desk clerk Craig down to $99 per night. He works the shift from 3p-11p. They do have rooms, just not at the same price as the MCC block was sold out. Will there be a USPSA match on Sunday after the MCC using the same stages as in the past two years?

Match Hotel Update

I just heard that the rooms reserved for us at the match hotel have all been taken, so no match rate. I have a call to their sales folks to see if I can a few more rooms added, but am being told that the chances of that happening are small.

I just checked with our previous match hotel and they are showing rooms at $93 - $94 per night, about $5 higher than Holiday Inn. That is the hotel we are now recommending and their contact information is:

Wingate Hotel

2270 N. Germantown Pkwy

Memphis, TN 38016

Ph: 901-386-1110

www.wingateinns.com

Just a FYI if you use the NRA discount codes you can get about another 10 bucks off that rate. At least I did when I made my reservations. This close to the date though they might not give as much of a discount.

You are correct moverfive, when I made reservations at Holiday Inn Express on Monday, I worked the desk clerk Craig down to $99 per night. He works the shift from 3p-11p. They do have rooms, just not at the same price as the MCC block was sold out. Will there be a USPSA match on Sunday after the MCC using the same stages as in the past two years?

Yes, stick around and shoot it again.

Since we are trying to hit the magic number of 80 shooters and I will have my two sons, Steven and Phillip aka Home Alone, with me that weekend, I may bring my two other moon clip 4 inch 686's and Speed E Racks and let them shoot with us. Let me check with them tonight and verify that they would like to shoot. Luckily I've got 2, 6 inch 686's, 2, 4inch and 3 of the 686's are cut for moon clips. I am wondering if the cylinder for one of the 4 inch 686's will fit in the 6 inch that is an original model 686 and the others are a Model 686-3, etc?

Don't ask them if they want to shoot, just tell them they are going to shoot. Get there butts up there. With them along, you might stay safe, sane and sober, at least for a while. :roflol::cheers:

Don't ask them if they want to shoot, just tell them they are going to shoot. Get there butts up there. With them along, you might stay safe, sane and sober, at least for a while. :roflol::cheers:

Talked to them both and they are not interested in shooting but they are planning to attend and serve as gunbearers. We plan to stay over and shoot the match again on Sunday instead of driving over to Little Rock to the Hillbilly Classic like we did last year. I'll drive 800+ miles this weekend because I need to do some work in the office and then at least 760 the weekend of the MCC.....whew!

I'll drive 800+ miles this weekend because I need to do some work in the office and then at least 760 the weekend of the MCC.....whew!

Sometimes you are such a WUSS!

Well I have all the ammo that I may need (notice I did not say will need :rolleyes: ) and pretty much all of the other preparations in place. I wonder how many speedloader category participants there will be. :unsure:

As I am planning to shoot this match and the MSSA match the next day it will be a full weekend for me. I'll be using the Alaskan in both matches, but shooting in Production Division in the MSSA match on Sunday. I am going to try and see how many auto shooters I can finish ahead of on Sunday, and get my first production classifier in while I am at it. :P

That guy you will see Sunday ice skating uphill will be me. :D I hope that there will be a number of auto shooters coming in BEHIND me in the final results though. :lol:

Edited by Blueridge

we were stetting up for the Memphis Charity Challenge on saturday. i was trimming up some of that orange fencing material and trimmed my thumb as well. the doctor took off the thumb nail and installed 7 stitches. so, i'm probably out. the good news, the stages are all set up and ready to go.

post-1268-0-60589000-1319983330_thumb.jp