Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 Memphis Charity Challenge

Great match Sam and crew, mucho fun and we are in for next year fo sho!I got to see a lot of guys i almost never get to shoot with which was way cool. And of course the look on Saban's face was priceless go TIGERS!

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Sam and all the match staff! :cheers: Very fun match and great people. My buddy Kevin even had a good time shooting his first Revo match with his 47 lbs trigger on his new gun. :surprise: It was great to see everyone again as this was the only big match I was able to shoot this year and I was glad that it was the MCC.

Good Luck, everybody. Really wanted to shoot the Polish platerack again but can't make it.

Blueridge, guess you get to break those speedloaders in some more. Give em hell!

Hate to see that you could not make it. I'll have to get the SL Variant Speedloaders back to you my mail I guess. I shot the MCC and the monthly match on Sunday with them, and I really have to get some of my own. I shot the match Sunday in Production Division just to see how things would go, and I am looking forward to seeing how I came out overall.

Thanks again for lending them to me. :D

Thanks Sam and crew for another great match. I can't wait until next year.

I will echo the praise for the match/ And just wondering. No. 343 when are you moving up? :cheers: Great finish. later rdd

Thanks. Why should I go anywhere? I'm having lots of fun here.

Just like the first two years this match was one to shoot. The stages were challenging and fun, and the shooters were great to compete with.

I think that the polish plate rack was actually easier to shoot than years past. :lol:

This year I finally had the chance to shoot the monthly match at MSSA on the Sunday after MCC. I decided to try shooting production division on Sunday with my revolver, and actually shot 6 of the 8 stages Sunday better than I had shot them Saturday at MCC. Given the difference between being scored major on Saturday and minor Sunday I was quite surprised. :goof:

Edited by Blueridge

While everyone is thanking Sam for the match (and very deserving as we all know), I want to thank everyone for attending.

If you sit back and look at the number of revolver shooters at the MCC and compare that number back to how many actually shoot revolver, it is obvious many folks come to have fun but primarily to also support a bigger cause - helping Le Bonheur.

When I look at the distance so many of you traveled for this match, I am amazed at the support we are getting for this match and cause.

I won't try to steal any thunder from when Sam is able to post the final numbers for our donation. However it may be several days before all of that is available and Sam is actually in front of a computer. Therefore, I will throw a teaser to say - I think it is safe to say that the 2011 MCC is the most successful match to date and you all will be very proud of the donation we are about to make.

Again, thank you all for attending and please put this match on your 2012 calendar.

This was my second year shooting this match, and will definitely put it on the calendar for next year as soon as I see the dates! The stages were a lot of fun, and it is a pleasure to shoot with so many skilled revolver shooters.

I've posted a video of Batman (aka Bones) shooting Stage 1:

Thanks Sam and Brad and the RO's for all your work putting this match together! John

Great match, and kudos to Hop and all those who helped put it together.

And thanks to Bob Perdue, who provided his backup gun when I brought the wrong gun bag to the range, AND kept us both alive on the drive between home and Memphis.

Plus, I got to shoot the Polish plate rack twice. Once stationary and once spinning. And got the same hit factor both ways.

Unfortunately, Rich Wolfe didn't come, so I didn't get to win Rich Wolfe's gun this year. Drats!

Squad 13 was a rocking group to shoot with. Jesse Wills and his little brother Lee were lots of fun, and looking to be great shooters sooner rather than later. They got interviewed by ShootingUSA, so watch for them in an upcoming episode.

The ShootingUSA hosts Mike Levine and John Scoutten shot the match, and looked to be having a ball coping with only 6 shots before reloading on the run.

What happened to Robin in stage 10? Was it a wardrobe malfunction?

1. he dropped a speed loader

2. a couple of reloads, bullets were dropped.

3. he ran out of bullets at the end.

I figured he would have closed his cylinder with his cape in it or something like that.

What happened to Robin in stage 10? Was it a wardrobe malfunction?

1. he dropped a speed loader

2. a couple of reloads, bullets were dropped.

3. he ran out of bullets at the end.

I figured he would have closed his cylinder with his cape in it or something like that.

robin said he had trouble seeing the speed loaders with the mask on.

If you sit back and look at the number of revolver shooters at the MCC and compare that number back to how many actually shoot revolver, it is obvious many folks come to have fun but primarily to also support a bigger cause - helping Le Bonheur.

Let's hope they are more appreciative than St. Jude's, the original beneficiary of the MCC who took the money and later declined to be associated with us.

Although I personally do not like "forced donations" to a particular cause, regardless of the context, I certainly applaud the giving attitude. I have always found the competition handgun shooting community to be a helpful and generous group of people, and this is no exception.

Mike, to help you feel better. LeBohneur hospital enthusiasticly supports our efforts, and always asks "What can we do to help ?) They have a periodical they send me (I'm the mailing contact) telling of what the hospital is doing and what they hope to do. ect, ect, ect. They have a standing offer for visits/tours to the hospital should we (anyone @ the match) decides to maybe go take a look.

As far as a "Forced Donation" I don't see it as that. I would think a "Forced Donation" would be someone pointing a gun @ me and saying "Give me some $$$$ for XXXXXXXX". Every one there knows where the money is going, and after my earlier post of how much the MSSA range is chargine us to use the range they know why it is a benefit match too. If they don't want their hard earned money going there they don't need to come.

So, every body feels better now knowing We're enthusiasticly welcomed @ LeBohneur vs. the other place. ;)

I want to thank everyone who came and shot the match. I also want to thank the Range Master Paul Hernandez for his help. I really really really want to thank the range officers who came and worked the match. THANK YOU !!!!!!! :bow::bow::bow::bow::wub::wub:

I also want to thank ALL the SPONSORS.....(See web page) for what they do to support not only our match but all the others they get bombarded for !!!!!!! :D:D:D

Very rough estimate is $7000.00 +/- this year to LeBohneur (averaging $100 per shooter)

Thanks again to all who had a part in the match. shooting, helping, setting up, what ever. It is great people like all of you that makes it worth the effort to put it on.

VERY appreciative Match Director !!!

Hopalong

Edited by hopalong

I can't see where this was a "forced donation". Only forced donation I ever made was in the 70's when these three biker chicks rubbed patchouli oil all over my

Husqvarna.

I think I enjoyed it. Can't remember.