Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My My, what a large ejection port you have Grandma

GentlemanJim

...I've done quite a bit of ATF research but nothing has been applied for yet. Let's wait until the prototype is working and an ATF compliance review has been done before anyone gets all in a tizzy. I assure you that Jim will follow all the rules and I would not be involved in something that was not totally legal either.

The fears of it being a DD are simply over stated is all I am saying.

If you're concerned about getting a solid legal opinion, I recommend and use Mark Barnes and Associates based out of Washington, DC. 202-626-0089

They can help prepare your submission to BATF Firearms Technology Branch for a ruling.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am excited about it too.

I would rather go with an AR style platform anyway versus buying a Saiga-12 at around $600 and then dumping more money in it to convert it.

I would rather spend more money for something that ran and looked good right out of the box.

I have an Open pistol now...kind of a work in progress at the moment...and I guess you could say an Open AR, so now all I need is an Open shotgun.

Got to start stocking up on 20 Ga , I want one. :bow:

I just bought all Midway had. :surprise: Kidding of course. But prices on 20 guage are pretty decent and there are some good choices in slug and buck.

While someone MAY be able to make a 12g work on an AR-10 platform, it won't be a standard lower. Pretty much everything will have to be custom made. I think it will help fuel the debate in Open...

good question on the 12/20 ga. I guess i wouldnt have a use for one in 20 ga as i dont shoot much 20 anymore. even all of my trap/skeet is done with a 12. My shoulder may regret that this coming winter with the league im going to be in, but we'll see :roflol:

If I win the lottery my plan is to build a secret underground bunker where I shall place a lathe, a mill, and the appropriate cad/structural analysis tools. Once I get Jim locked in there, my plan for overtaking the world will be underway ........mwahhahahaha! :ph34r:

If I win the lottery my plan is to build a secret underground bunker where I shall place a lathe, a mill, and the appropriate cad/structural analysis tools. Once I get Jim locked in there, my plan for overtaking the world will be underway ........mwahhahahaha! :ph34r:

It better have a well equiped garage too, for when Jim gets bored with gun, he can still play with cars! :roflol:

It better have a well equiped garage too, for when Jim gets bored with gun, he can still play with cars! :roflol:

......... and boats! Ask Jim about his boat racing days! :(

I'd say if ANY ONE OF US win the Lottery, Jim's going to be a busy busy man!

I recommend and use Mark Barnes and Associates based out of Washington, DC. 202-626-0089

They can help prepare your submission to BATF Firearms Technology Branch for a ruling.

Thanks for the recomendation. :cheers:

......... and boats! Ask Jim about his boat racing days! :(

I'd say if ANY ONE OF US win the Lottery, Jim's going to be a busy busy man!

I know all about the boats and cars, but if you will read my plan carefully you will notice the term "secret underground bunker" indicating a hole with only one door and it is gonna lock on the outside :devil:

This could only come from the mind of a Grandmaster Mad Genius. Press on Jim!

If this thing becomes a reality I may have to try my hand at Open!

Very cooool.

Patrick

Patrick-wait for the pump version!

You know me too well and you are right,I need an Open shotgun with a built in governor. :roflol:

Patrick

• 3 months later...

I too am very interested in this project. I can't think of a better option. I have been jonesing for a saiga-12 but this would put that to rest. One Lower many uppers, great ergonomics, accurate, reliable,and rare :)

If I may offer a suggestion. Not a deal breaker to me but might be to others. That this be made to the Knights/DPMS pattern instead of Armalite (if it is possible). Just because there seems to be more variety in that area (more rifle upper manufactureres e.g. DPMS, JP, Knights, Mega, etc...) so you could outfit your lower the way you want it and then have an awesome shotgun upper and rifle upper. Although this might cause issues if there is a problem with the tolerances between manufacturers. And It seems (I have no proof but only anecdotal evidence) that there are more DPMS/SR25 pattern rifles out there than Armalite. I might be wrong but it seems the DPMS/Bushmaster price point has contributed to sales.

Once again great job and keep us posted when we can send the money!!!!!

• 1 month later...

I know I have been pretty quiet about this and other projects...and yes, that is not quite normal :roflol:

The shotgun project is just waiting for some $$ to build the first 10

I cant show any detail type pics, just one look and and the answers on how to make it work, would be out in the blink of an eye

And several other projects have taken much of my time and money.

This gun will come to fruition...just not as fast as I wish it could

Jim

Jim-

I appreciate you commenting on the developement of your new product. I do have a few questions that I hope you can answer. If not becuase you don't have the answers or it would leak too much information I understand.

Sorry for the ton of questions but I am very very very interested in this :cheers:

1. Estimated price point (Obviously it could change but I would like to know how much money I need to start squirreling away :devil: )?

2. In your experience does this handles better than a Saiga-12 (this is subjective but you have a ton of experience with the saiga-12)?

3. Does it only use 2-3/4 or can it go up to 3"?

4. Does it use the standard charging handle (like in your picture) or is there a left side charging handle that I can't see?

5. Magazines - are they proprietary? Are they metal? Capacity?

6. In your opinion how does this compare to the saiga-12 as far as reliability, recoil impulse, and muzzle climb?

7. Is it only going to be on the Armalite AR-10 platform or will it be on the DPMS style platform?

Thanks for the innovations as well as somewhere I can spend money I don't have yet B)