Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

mossburg 930

benny hill

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Admin. Note:

We had a guy that kept trying to sell here on the main forum, clearly against the forum rules. I had previously pulled his posts, and PM'd him. He came back for more of the same. He is now banned.

If you have something to sell, sell it in a dealer account. (Or, if you are selling a one-time item, non-business item, sell it in the classifieds.)

Kyle F.

Forum Administrator

What do you guys think about the lifters on them? Are they going to be thumb traps?

Even less so than my other 930. It depends entirely on your personal loading style. My other 930 only bites me when I try loading using the "load two" method. I am anxious to try it with the JM Pro.

Picked mine up today. Tore it down and gave it a good cleaning. Then drove a few miles down the road to some farmland and ran 25 3" BBB's, 25 2-3/4 #8 and 25 2-3/4 #7 with no issues. It cycles really fast. Has fairly low recoil. Points real nice. Loads very easy. Light and crisp trigger. and in my opinion, is dead sexy.

Put two hundred, trouble free, rounds of Remington Gun Club thru the gun.

Love the gun, my only issues with the gun are the following.

1) IMHO, the lifter does need to be modded, I caught my thumb a couple times.

2) The front of the loading gate needs a bit more clearance work, as I did experience a couple of shells popping back out of the mag tube due to under-insertion. When this happened, I would overcompensate on the next shell insertion and get issue #1. lol

But, again, for what I paid for this gun, $642 OTD, I feel this is a winner.

Looks like it came with the same follower as the rest of the 930 line, while in the video from SHOT you can see it having an orange follower. Not that it matters much, but something I just noticed.

Looks like it came with the same follower as the rest of the 930 line, while in the video from SHOT you can see it having an orange follower. Not that it matters much, but something I just noticed.

I think the Orange follower is a choate follower and where I use a choate tube I prefer the original metal follower. The plastic Orange follower from choate was binding since its a little smaller in diameter than the metal original.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk

As was stated above, the work appears to be minor in the loading port area. I got mine today and was expecting to see a big difference. Doesn't matter as I am MUCH faster loading the JM over a standard 930. Experience wise, I have none. My first competition is a month away. A seasoned pro might not see the benefits (over a custom build), but I sure can.

Hi everyone, I just wanted to state for starters that I am new to this forum. What drew me to join was the fact that there was so much information being posted here on the Mossberg 930, and that is my gun of intrest right now. What I am looking for is primarily a good semi auto for home defense and multigun competition being somthing I'm wanting to get into also.

I have visted a few gun shops, and the 2 guns that appealed to me the most so far was the 930 SPX, and the Benelli M2 tactical (18" bbl). The only 2 issues I had with the SPX were the ghost sights, which to me would have little practical value IMO, and the lack of screw in chokes. The Benelli would need an extension tube, and on top of that is double the money of a decent 930 setup. Looks like more of a refined product, but double the money? Neither seems to be the obvious choice, but I was wondering if the new JM pro gun (22" bbl) would give me the best of both guns? Would the longer barrel put me at a noticeable disadvantage for a home defense gun? Any comments would be appreciated.

buds have them in now

Thanks for the heads up. I wish I could request that they order a 10 shot. Any other sites got them in stock?

Edit: Grab a gun has the 9 shot in as well.... still holding out for the 10 shot.

Edited by Erucolindon

New to the forum and just got my 85119 (8+1) 930 in yesterday. I went through Gallery of Guns and as soon as I got the email that my wishlist item was in stock I jumped on it. $658 OTD at a local FFL. Took it straight to the range. Ran a box of #6, some slugs and some buckshot through it. 100% functioning, pretty low recoil and really fast cycle times. The trigger feels a lot lighter than the 4lbs I have heard talked about with very short travel and very smooth. The gun patterns pretty well but was high and left with slugs for me. All I need to do now is get a rear sight for it and get the stock tuned in for me (6'4" with long arms). Very impressed so far.

Edited by Atlgentlegiant