Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 Ohio Section Championship

We are off to a great start. All of the shooter bags are done along with all of the prizes. We were able to knock out 4 stages today so we only need to do 5 tomorrow. The weather looks good for the next few days but I would love to see more sun to dry things up a bit. Those of you shooting on Friday we will be enjoying pizza for lunch. We have had a lot of work done on some of the bays but it left things a little muddy in some spots. The good news is it shouldn't affect the stages. I look forward to seeing all of you at the match. :cheers:

As long as there is no "Buckeye Blast" type rain or mud, all will be well!

• Replies 772
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awwwww .... now you did it. Let's not talk about the rain and mud, and maybe it'll just go away! :rolleyes:

LOL! Just remembering some of my earliest trips to Ohio....

Thanks to Shooters Connection, I will be shooting the M&P Pro on Saturday. Oh how I've missed the M&P

Now all you need to do is put a Burwell trigger on it.

Well, after two long days the range is pretty much ready to go. The stages are built and it is actually drying out a little. We have a few targets to hang in the morning and off we go.

Thanks to Shooters Connection, I will be shooting the M&P Pro on Saturday. Oh how I've missed the M&P

Indeed trigger work of some kind. But it isn't as bad as the XD. COACH/JAKE I promise not to start that up in here. :roflol:

Let's just say that I finally got my first DQ out of the way.

Details? Was it the stage where you have to retreat uprange after activating the swinging targets? That stage is going to send a few people home if they don't keep their muzzle downrange.

HH

Edited by HoldHard

Let's just say that I finally got my first DQ out of the way.
Details? Was it the stage where you have to retreat uprange after activating the swinging targets? That stage is going to send a few people home if they don't keep their muzzle downrange.HH

ND. I was doing a reload when I popped off the round in the chamber right into a wall straight downrange.

Better question, what did you learn?

Other than be even more careful, I'm not sure. I'm not really sure what i really did and/or why I did it. I've never, ever had a problem with finger control before.

We got off to a slow start but we finished strong.

I didn't get to go out and have that drink but I will tomorrow. Getting one of these matches off the ground is a lot harder than it looks.

Tomorrow is going to be a busy day. I will have all of the pistols displayed near the range house if you want to see them.

Good Match!! Beautiful weather!!! I shot a little on the slow side but I'm happy with only 1 mike and 1 noshoot for the match.

Time to RO tomorrow. Looking forward to meeting everyone. I'm on stage 5 at the top of the hill with Kevin Sanders ( Sarge).

Chrono was my worst stage!!! First 3 shots.. 160!!!! Second 3, 165.0!!! Same batch as last Sunday that chrono'd at 170.6 where they usually are.

Edited by Paul Santiago

Naw, Apex is an awesome trigger! (preference)

We got off to a slow start but we finished strong.

I didn't get to go out and have that drink but I will tomorrow. Getting one of these matches off the ground is a lot harder than it looks.

Tomorrow is going to be a busy day. I will have all of the pistols displayed near the range house if you want to see them.

I not only want to see them..........I want 1 of them! :surprise:

I was able to get off work (started new this week) and got to the match on staff day. Dan and crew had things running smoothly (didn't put me to work), so I decided to shoot. cool.gif

Jason Conrad and I (Match Directors of the first IPSC Nationals), on behalf of the Pickaway County Sportsmen club, presented a check to USPSA in the amount of $1200 to help out with some of the US World Shoot teams. Current Area 5 Director, Gary Stevens, was on hand to receive the check.

Here a quick pic from my phone:

post-690-041250700 1306020365_thumb.jpg

Kyle Farris (me), Gary Stevens, Jason Conrad

I'll see you all at the match tomorrow (Sunday).

cheers.gif