Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 Ohio Section Championship

Note: new and improved. Now with 9 stages of boom-boom.

I'm proud to announce the 2011 Ohio Sectional, to be held at the Miami Rifle & Pistol Club in Batavia, Ohio (NE of Cincinnati). If you shot the Buckeye Challenge with us there last year, you know what a great match this will be. DJ Carter did an excellent job of organizing last years match. We had over 100 shooters, and 8 challenging stages. This year should be even better!

This will be a level 2 match with awards per the USPSA rule book. We will be running a blind prize drawing. Depending on what we get from sponsors we may have guns for division winners, but that is still up in the air! A picnic lunch prepared & served by the Boy Scouts will also be a part of the match fee.

The match will be run in a one day format. All 8 stages will be shot in one day. Competitors will shoot on Saturday or Sunday. Staff will shoot on Friday along with other shooters only with special permission from the MD. Self-squading will be used on the USPSA web site.

Match Fee: $80.00 ($95.00 after May 1st), Juniors = $50.00

Stages should be ready in the next month or so, and we will post them when they are ready.

• 8 9 Stages + Chrono
  • 200+ Rounds
  • Trophies and Random Draw Prize Table

Officials:

• Dan Carter - MD
  • Paul Hernandez - RM
  • Brian Hanna - Chrono
  • Chris Keen - Stats

2011 Ohio Section Application.pdf

• Replies 772
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As you might expect we are looking for CRO's and RO's. If you would like to work the match please contact me via phone or email.

(513)624-8625

dcarter_4257@fuse.net

Staff will recieve free match fee and lunch for 2 days. We are also going to try to have a "special" random draw for staff prizes.

Parking is going to be at a premium so if you can double or triple up with friends that would be appriciated.

DJ

This is Great. I'm looking forward to this. The Buckeye challenge was fun as hello.

Good thing I got my wives working overtime. They should have the money saved up for me in no time. :roflol:

And we'd love to have you make it Mark! Give me a call if there's anything I can do to help! :)

PS Are you just shooting the open Nats, or will you be hanging around for the LTD? I'm ONLY shooting the LTD so maybe we can get together in Vegas and work on our GM buffet skills! :cheers:

Edited by Chris Keen

Oh by the way .... if it matters to anyone (and it does to me) we will NOT, I repeat NOT be using Palm Scoring.

I've been to approx. 1 match every year for the last 3 years that utilized the Palm system, and I am NOT a big fan! <_<

I don't want to get into a discussion about it here, because that belongs elsewhere on the forum. But as for information pertaining to this match, the answer is uh ... no!

That is all! Carry on! :)

And we'd love to have you make it Mark! Give me a call if there's anything I can do to help! :)

A very kind offer that doesn't surprise me in the least! Thank you.

PS Are you just shooting the open Nats, or will you be hanging around for the LTD? I'm ONLY shooting the LTD so maybe we can get together in Vegas and work on our GM buffet skills! :cheers:

Alas, I'm not shooting either of them. BOZ will have to singularly carry the buffet-torch for TSCR this year. With Sako not being there "I coulda been a contenda!" but I'll miss my chance.

Money's been tight and I decided that I would catch a few matches about which I've always heard so many positive things but never made the trip.

So far this year I made the Mississippi Classic (admittedly, I went last year, too), the Tenneesee State match (my first time, and not my last!), and I'm going to the Louisiana Classic in a few weeks (first time there, too!).

The Nats are uber-cool, but for that money I can travel quite a bit as a poor boy and have a bushel basket of fun with people I haven't met yet.

I still dream of hitting some lottery and traveling the country in a fancy bus to every local and major match I can schedule. Maybe one day....

Don't know this far in advance if I can make it, but it's going on the calendar. I've got a buddy that lives in Montgomery, OH, so I got a free room for the weekend. Just have to break the news to him now!

Count me in as an RO again. App is filled out.

Thanks to whoever came up with an easy form to complete!!

Andy did a great job on the form.

I told him what I had in mind and he did it. Can't ask for better help than that! :cheers:

I pray that I will have things straightened out by then and be able to work if needed.

I sure do miss seeing my shooting family !!!!

I was just asking Paul if he had heard from you. Drop by on Monday nights if you can. Hope things work out for ya.