Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 Ohio Section Championship

Enjoyed my return trip to Ohio. I didn't shoot good, but not shooting that gun in 8 months does that.... :wacko:

Congratulations to all the winners (Class and Divisions) Congratulations to my friend Chad Rousch for winning the revolver division (and gun). :cheers:

I enjoyed getting to see every body come through and shoot the stage I was on (Stage 3). The two Toms and I were impressed with all the good help and attitudes.

I really had a blast shooting on Squad 1 with those crazy Ohio guys............they acted just like good ole southern boys with a wierd speach problem !!!! :roflol::roflol::roflol:

See some of you at KY multi-gun, or A-5, or Indiana section......or somewhere else on a range. Until then......

Read your front sight about the people running for elected positons and shoot safe.

Hopalong/Sam Keen

Sam,

The pleasure was all ours. We had a great time on Friday and a good group of guys to shoot with. A lot of fun for sure.

Aaron

• Replies 772
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does next years cover include a Chris/Jake stare-down? :sight:

Personally I would like to think that next years cover will have Bob Vogel on it, since he was BOTH the HOA and the Ohio Section Champ from this years match. That's what I was last year, so it seems fitting. Plus Bob is a lot more photogenic than myself. :rolleyes:

Chris,

Will the combined results be posted? Just curious.

Thanks.

Aaron

Just as an FYI the last shots were fired at 16:53, entered into stats at 16:57, and I believe we had final results posted by 17:15. :) 18 minutes, not bad. Not nearly as fast as Linda Chico, but I'll catch up to her some day! Of course I couldn't have done such a great job without my backup stats people, Deb Hanna and Jason Conrad. They made everything run very smooth. Thanks

Chris, thx for the comments on Deb. I will pass them on. However... I was quite surprised to hear her say that while she likes working in Stats, she prefers working Chrono with me (from her Friday experience when Ralph was out shooting)!! She made a comment that she 'is going to have to learn how to shoot all those guns though!' I guess we'll have to see who gets her next year!! :D Watch out Ralph!!! :lol:

All, it was great seeing so many old friends! Wish I could work more matches like I used to but it is what it is. I've worked well run matches, and not so well run matches in the US and through IPSC, around the World. This match ranks right up there as one of the best run matches I've worked. I hope to see you all again next year...

Brian, Deb's really good at what ever she does, so we would certainly miss her in the stats shack. She was really wonderful with the boy scouts as well, and she has super organizational skills which really helped me out tremendously.

But I could teach Ralph to do what I do too. I was able to give Conrad some insight to what we do in stats, and I think he liked seeing it, but I'm not sure if he has it in him to do it over and over , year after year. Deb did seem to enjoy herself, and I tried my best to keep the bathroom humor to a minimum, and to say please and thank you for everything I asked her to do. And she did it all without question, but mostly because weve got a good system in place and it works very smoothly.

Give her a HUGE THANKS from me and from all the other shooters who had no idea how hard it is to type in over 2,000 score sheets by hand, adn get done right on time only to hear people complaining that "we could have been faster, and it's starting to rain". In the last 3 years I've helped out in stats, or simply taken over stats, I've never heard anyone else volunteer to help out.

Also from everything I heard I believe she really just wants to work chrono with you to spend more time with her sweetie! :wub:

Treat her nice Brian. Treat her nice. Shes got a kind heart. :cheers:

Personally I would like to think that next years cover will have Bob Vogel on it, since he was BOTH the HOA and the Ohio Section Champ from this years match. That's what I was last year, so it seems fitting. Plus Bob is a lot more photogenic than myself. :rolleyes:

Chris,

Thanks.

Aaron

Yes of course, just give me a little time to get back to the real world, chores & bills & other things take priority right now. sorry! LOL

Chris,

Thanks.

Aaron

Yes of course, just give me a little time to get back to the real world, chores & bills & other things take priority right now. sorry! LOL

No problem, I completely understand. :cheers:

Give her a HUGE THANKS from me and from all the other shooters who had no idea how hard it is to type in over 2,000 score sheets by hand, adn get done right on time only to hear people complaining that "we could have been faster, and it's starting to rain". In the last 3 years I've helped out in stats, or simply taken over stats, I've never heard anyone else volunteer to help out.

I'll pass on the huge thanks, and you are correct that Stats is probably the most under appreciated functions in any match. As far as keying 2000 score sheets... she's had pretty good training after keying her portion of the 36,000 or so scoresheets at the last World Shoot!!! :D

What a great match and weekend. It was a fun and challenging match to shoot. After 6 years of shooting this game, it was good to finally make it down to that part of the state and meet so many people from the posts here. The education value of working this match just couldn't be topped. From the competitors to the time working with Sam on stage three. I will be ready to shoot and work this match again next year for sure.

I heard the overall results were available. Anyone know where I may find them?

Thanks!

Hopefully this will work .....

That worked great Aaron, thanks! ;)

You're such a good little helper Aaron :P Mr. Helpy-helperton :roflol: