Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

6" Built by Venry d'Aiguillon

Will_M

For those of you who didn't read the post in the announcement forum, Venry d'Aiguillon, owner of Radical Precision Designs and a member of the forum, passed away in late June.

In February of this year, I called and asked him to build me a gun. He said his health was getting better so he'd take the job. We discussed details about balance and weight and he asked how I wanted it to look. I told him to do the cuts exactly how he wanted. I had seen his work before and knew that he could come up with something better than I could ever think up. He assured me that he'd make me something that would function perfectly, drive tacks, and be something I'd be proud of.

He did not disappoint.

IMG_1701.jpg

IMG_1702.jpg

IMG_1706.jpg

Venry3.jpg

I apologize for the last two pictures, as they are pretty low quality. I can assure you they do not do it justice.

Edited by Will_M

One more. This is a favorite feature of mine. Venry called me one day and asked if he could try something new. He never liked how 6" guns had that little gap in the slide below the end of the barrel. He asked if he could fabricate a new part and put it on my gun.

IMG_1707.jpg

Edited by Will_M

Oh man, I hadn't realized he died.

I spoke on the phone with him maybe two years ago about doing a build for me, but I didn't really know what I wanted. He convinced me to wait until I had a better idea of what to ask for before I invested in a custom build. He was great to talk to and had a lot of good ideas.

It is a masterful piece but.........it needs its own higher end photo session.

I would happy to help just send it to me with a few mags and hundred rounds or so (just as ancillary photo elements)

and I get it back to you by, oh let's say years end!

Thank you for posting.

Patrick

What exactly did he do to the end of the slide that it looks so wide out front there? Is the barrel end inside the end of the slide? Looks like your shooting a .50.

If you look at the most recent picture I posted, the front of the slide was milled down about .1" on both sides. It takes the weight out of the "nose" of the gun. It's just a normal Schuemann Ultimatch barrel, but with the narrower slide, it DOES make it look larger.

Oh and Mr. Kelley,

That deal sounds like a steal to me. Just tell me where to send it. :cheers:

And yes, my pictures suck. There is no way I could do it justice either. Eventually I'll have a friend who is good with photography to take some good ones and I'll make it my avatar.