Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

3-Gun Nation on VERSUS

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have really enjoyed this show!

It gets quite exciting watching the shoot-offs even when I already know who won!

They might need to make it an hour long so they can showcase the match and shoot-off in one sitting.

Congrats FN USA...You did real good on this one!

I just watch the last episode.. great stuff. They've really progressed the show nicely. Now that I know it's the match one show, the shoot off the next.

This worked and worked well for the Midwest Match. Let's see if they can keep that approach fresh and interesting for the remainder of the spisodes.

I'm definitely enjoying this series. They do a great job of showing the shooting and the hits.

That is great! Have you told the powers that be at Versus or made a comment on their site or at 3 Gun Nation's?

The more we speak up the better for all.

Thanks XD

Patrick

I have been out of town so i am an episode behind. I can hardly wait to see the show I missed.

The one thing that this show and the buzz around it is lacking is the who's who and who's gonna win next week discussion. I say this in comparison to the show Top Shot. People said they despised the Survivor style if Top Shot but every week they were online talking about it. The forums everywhere were a buzzin' after every episode with people discussing why so and so won and what he should or could have done differently.

I think a summary of the points standings is in order weekly. Maybe some shooter bios of the contenders for the big $25k prize in Vegas.

Just a thought.

I'm gonna bet money that Pat Kelley wins the $25k. What's the line in Vegas in him?

Edited by jtischauser

I'm gonna bet money that Pat Kelley wins the $25k. What's the line in Vegas in him?

I agree Pat will certainly be there, he's like the Herpes of 3GunNation, you can't get rid of him. As for winning it all, I think Pat will need to bump up his training to include at least four sandwiches a day :roflol:

You are too kind Keith, I need far more than some training and a meal or three.

Yup..that herps is a problem, I knew we shouldn't have roomed together in college :surprise::roflol:

Thank you for taking my "on camera" remarke the right way. I got that (4 sandwich) line from a good friend of mine who used

it to describe someone you shouldn't tangle with!

I did, and you know where that got me!

See ya in LV. And my money is on...........

The reason no one is talking about next weeks episode Jesse is because we know what happens! :) And don't get any ideas Chad or Pete, I don't think you'll get all the participants at the MG Nationals to sign a confidentiality agreement.

:)

Did anyone catch ol' Top Shot Iain Harrison (listed as Ian Harris, haha) during the first MGM Ironman episode?

Or maybe that's his real name and they changed it for Top Shot to give him a slight bit of anonymity?

Edited by Tim James

Just watched the part 2 of IronMan. Not impressed.

Personaly I can only watch the same guys shoot the same kind of stage so many times. The shootoff is cool but I would rather see more average shooters shooting the actual stages of the matches where they are held.

Its understandable that FN is the primary sponser but having to watch the same shootoff foremat with pretty much the same guys over and over is boring.

I liked the episode of the BlueRidge and didnt see near enough of the CMMG but it looks like a match I really want to hit next year.

Show more match, less fluff. But thats just my view.

And I forgot to add, I really dont care to watch anyone, even the hotshots shoot a double shotgun. I can see that on other stuff all day long. Plus there are plenty of instructional vidios on youtube. I restate I understand that FN is trying to showcase products but its gets in the way.

Seperate the wheat from the chaff.

Edited by tnek

I personally would rather watch the good shooters.

If you want to watch the lower level shooters... go to YouTube. Tons of video of normal... everyday... not so good shooters running a stage.

+1

Also the point of the shotgun segment, as with all the instructional segments, was not to show someone shooting skeet but offer some tips to new shooters or offer those who already shoot in other disciplines an opportunity to see how skills cross over.

If you want to watch the lower level shooters... go to YouTube. Tons of video of normal... everyday... not so good shooters running a stage.

See the link below in my signature for the above;)

I don't care who is shooting I just want to see or hear about the cool things on the stage. I enjoy seeing what I missed by not attending. Plus the zip line the moving targets and those sorts of things get the new shooters attention.

I also think nonstop coverage of top sponsored shooters deters the new shooters as well. After watching the show I would assume that the majority of the shooters at the match are pros which is intimidating because nobody but me wants to come out and get embarrased at their first match.

I am kinda up in the air about the AMU pro tips. They are really basic which I guess it's good for the new or even non shooters. I would like to see Horner giving tips on shooting targets we see in 3 gun match personally. His take on some of the tricky targets would be good for us less than professional shooters to make our match more enjoyable.

Edited by jtischauser