Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

3-Gun Nation on VERSUS

Just an FYI, 3GN has changed several things in the points series, which matches (9 now) you can get points at, etc.

If you are interested, you ought to read the rules: http://www.3gunnation.com/rules

Looks like 3GN is going to balance out the top competitors among different divisions based on how the points are won per match. Should make things very interesting!

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just an FYI, 3GN has changed several things in the points series, which matches (9 now) you can get points at, etc.

If you are interested, you ought to read the rules: http://www.3gunnation.com/rules

Looks like 3GN is going to balance out the top competitors among different divisions based on how the points are won per match. Should make things very interesting!

Interesting... so finishing 11th out of 11 in Tac Irons is worth more points than 12th out of 175 in Tac Optics. So basically to end up in the top 50, you need to either shoot in one of the small divisions, or consistently finish in the top 15 (or there abouts) in Tac Optics.

Interesting... so finishing 11th out of 11 in Tac Irons is worth more points than 12th out of 175 in Tac Optics. So basically to end up in the top 50, you need to either shoot in one of the small divisions, or consistently finish in the top 15 (or there abouts) in Tac Optics.

That is my reading of it. So do you really think the "small" divisions will still be small come MG Nationals?

Sounds like I may be shooting Open with my Tac optics guns a bit this year if I want to go shoot in November in the cold.

Edited by jtischauser

Sounds like I may be shooting Open with my Tac optics guns a bit this year if I want to go shoot in November in the cold.

Better to throw an aimpoint on there instead and you're pretty much guaranteed to make it to the shoot-off....

eta: yes, I think the small divisions will stay small. I doubt too many people are going to change divisions just to make it to the shoot-off. The guys that have a shot at winning the shoot-off will make it there anyway and I doubt that there are too many guys/gals who finish below the top 20-30 in TO that will switch just to make it to the shoot-off. If more than 10 switch because of it, I'd be really surprised. Though, Limited might grow slightly anyway now when RDS are allowed.

Edited by gose

I would say they didnt think that through very well. I would do it based on percentage. If you are 3rd out of 10, you are in the top30%. If you are 20th out of 200 you should be in the top 10%. Just my .02.....

They could do it like RM3G did the prize table last year. Percentage off the winner in each division.

ABN-RGR wins the match in HM, I get a 92% in HM, so I end up with 276 points.????

Edited by Bryan 45

They could do it like RM3G did the prize table last year. Percentage off the winner in each division.

ABN-RGR wins the match in HM, I get a 92% in HM, so I end up with 276 points.????

Points relative percentage of winner in division, or points relative position and participation in division to me seem like workable and fair solutions.

The only reason I can come up with why they chose the current system is that they wanted to push participation in the smaller divisions.

Edited by gose

I'm just thinking if I'm on the bubble and want to go play in the championship I might try another division. I am less excited about having the final match in November in a part of the country with and average high temp of 43 degrees or whatever it was. Why didn't they get a South Texas, Florida, or Arizona location for the finally.

• 2 weeks later...

Like that would ever happen!!!!! :roflol: , but that is correct. I think the new rules completely make the top 50 irelevant. You could shoot the whole year in HM and really suck and still make the top 50. No offense intended to the HM guys.

Edited by abn-rgr

3G Nation is great for the sport but this new scoring method is unfortunate.

They won't be getting all the best shooters for the championship series. Lots of excellent shooters in that place high, percentage-wise, in tac ops and open will be left out.

If a dude shoots three of the qualifying matches in heavy irons division, he's basically guaranteed a spot in the top 50 even if he blows it every time and ends up at the bottom of every match. Since you only have to shoot 3 of the 9 eligible matches, there will be a huge glut of heavy irons shooters taking tons of the spots from the open and

tac ops guys.

It's really disappointing.

• 2 weeks later...

I think it's scheduled for either June or July. The air times are chaning too, it's going to be on Saturday morning IIRC.

Awesome!

I'm glad they changed the time slot and I'm sure it wasn't their fault to get stuck with the one they had before.

Edited by DyNo!