Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

3-Gun Nation on VERSUS

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody have any guess as to who is going to get the final 10 contingency spots in the shootoffs?

Daniel Horner

Mike Voigt

Phil Strader

Who else?

Robbie Johnson

Burton Thompson

Rob Romero

And I'm hoping

Chuck Anderson

There is going to be some very stiff competition for the 4 wild card slots in TS. Not sure about the other Divisions.

Man, watching these vids makes me want to shoot some three gun. I am forcing my self to get better in ipsc first.

If I had a nickel for everytime I heard that excuse I'd be shooting every major 3 gun match for free. The majority of my shooting is uspsa pistol because there is much more of it. Get out and start 3 gun now. You will get better at pistol as a result of shooting more with the long guns too.

Chad, Chad, Chad..... you should have put a spoiler alert on your #2 pick for the top 10. A Butler-Horner match up can only take place if Horner is your last pick! :)

I think I would have had to include Robby Johnson in there somewhere though. I like the article though, I just wish I was going to be at Vegas to witness it all.

Anybody have any guess as to who is going to get the final 10 contingency spots in the shootoffs?

Daniel Horner

Mike Voigt

Phil Strader

Who else?

Robbie Johnson

Burton Thompson

Rob Romero

And I'm hoping

Chuck Anderson

There is going to be some very stiff competition for the 4 wild card slots in TS. Not sure about the other Divisions.

Only four out of the ten slots to TS? I would have guessed six, or seven.

Have they announced the criteria for the 10 wild cards yet?

Match finish is what I heard, but who knows.

They (as in 3 Gun Nation) can definitely improve on the messaging and rules for next season... There has been much confusion this year.

Edit: Btw, hoping that Todd Crow and Jeremy Parker will make it into the shoot-off as well :)

Edited by gose

Anybody catch today's episode on the RM3G? It was a "slam bam thank you mam" lets get this match in our rear view episode! What happened to the 2 episode per match format that has worked so well the entire year? :blink: The whole pacing of the episode just felt rushed. Am I missing something here? :unsure:

Anybody catch today's episode on the RM3G? It was a "slam bam thank you mam" lets get this match in our rear view episode! What happened to the 2 episode per match format that has worked so well the entire year? :blink: The whole pacing of the episode just felt rushed. Am I missing something here? :unsure:

i felt the same way......I'd rather watch the competitors shoot the stages and see what their rigs are like then see the same shoot off shot 5 times each episode basically. The shoot off is getting old to me.

I'm with you. I had to miss Rocky mountain due to a death in the family. I have never shot it before so I was looking forward to seeing more of the RM3G stages. I mean the shootoffs are cool but they aren't 3 gun. 3 gun is running and gunning in the woods shooting a wide array of different target types. That's what got me into 3 gun a year ago and that's what I think will attract new shooters after watching the show. They didn't even mention the 500 & 600 yard shots that RM3G is know for. I'd also like to see more pointed training tips from actual 3 gun shooters. Travis Tomasie is a bada$$ with a limited pistol but does he even shoot 3 gun? It seems like half of the instruction time is spent making fun of how terrible Mark Willis is. Let's get Horner, Jerry, Romero, Butler and whomever else is able and willing to break down a Texas star or a swinger or a typical situation that gives amateurs trouble right there at the match. Here's an idea. Show the stage walk throughs that describe the stage. Show a pro burn it down then show an amatuer run it and have the pro come back and break down the tricky spots. That would help new 3 gunners for sure.

My favorite part of the episode was seeing a bunch of new faces in the shootoff. Somebody needs to start challenging Pat Kelley in HM irons. Or is that guy simply that good? Good work Mr. Kelley.

I'm with you. I had to miss Rocky mountain due to a death in the family. I have never shot it before so I was looking forward to seeing more of the RM3G stages. I mean the shootoffs are cool but they aren't 3 gun. 3 gun is running and gunning in the woods shooting a wide array of different target types. That's what got me into 3 gun a year ago and that's what I think will attract new shooters after watching the show. They didn't even mention the 500 & 600 yard shots that RM3G is know for. I'd also like to see more pointed training tips from actual 3 gun shooters. Travis Tomasie is a bada$$ with a limited pistol but does he even shoot 3 gun? It seems like half of the instruction time is spent making fun of how terrible Mark Willis is. Let's get Horner, Jerry, Romero, Butler and whomever else is able and willing to break down a Texas star or a swinger or a typical situation that gives amateurs trouble right there at the match. Here's an idea. Show the stage walk throughs that describe the stage. Show a pro burn it down then show an amatuer run it and have the pro come back and break down the tricky spots. That would help new 3 gunners for sure.

My favorite part of the episode was seeing a bunch of new faces in the shootoff. Somebody needs to start challenging Pat Kelley in HM irons. Or is that guy simply that good? Good work Mr. Kelley.

++++1

What you said!

Luke and I did make the match,, it was a tough one too!

they had two stages with 300+ rifle targets.

Tough stages that tested the many 3 gun skill sets!

Jim M ammo

Jesse - Travis Tomasie WAS the AMU 3 gun guy before they got Daniel Horner & Robbie Johnson. He was bumped back to "pistol only" because those two clearly dominated 3 gun for a number of years.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Columbia SC

Jesse - Travis Tomasie WAS the AMU 3 gun guy before they got Daniel Horner & Robbie Johnson. He was bumped back to "pistol only" because those two clearly dominated 3 gun for a number of years.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Columbia SC

Thanks for the info Linda. I'm a newbie so anything that happened before August 2009 is news to me.

I saw the Rocky Mountain show yesterday.. For a 1/2 hour show that included the match and the shoot-off.. I think they did a really good job. The show flowed really well.

Really, have you ever shot RM3G? They showed the pistol only stage 4 and the shotgun/pistol stage 5, all with pretty close targets. They made it seem like those were "hard" stages, but those were two of the easier stages. They showed stage 1 of RM3G on a previous episode that was about another match!

Ok - My DVR fooled me. It said it recorded the 3 Gun Naitonals show... but it was really SMM3G repeat.

Did I miss it?

The title of Show 7 was USPSA Multi-Gun Nationals, but it was a re-run of SMM3G. I don't think it was your DVR. There was some error somewhere however.

OK I've been avoiding watching this thread or the show...got the 3G bug bad enough...

First, once upon a time - I got beat shooting 9ball once by a guy who said he'd only use one hand...it was a bad bet then, too. He used one hand and whipped me up one side and down the other. I'll take my beatings straight up now thanks.

Second, I would be interested to see some split screen footage that compares the pros to the joes running the stages...or sections of stages at least.